It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tiny car gets 350 mpg, beats corporate competitors in energy derby Must Read !!!!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 09:12 PM
link   
Check this out !!!

The T.27, an all-electric car with a lightweight composite chassis, won the Future Car Challenge sponsored by the Royal Automobile Club (RAC) by completing a 57.13 mile course between Brighton and London on less energy than its fellow competitors. Carrying two occupants

Its about time huh?

The link below is the full story,

autos.yahoo.com...
edit on 9-11-2011 by CherubBaby because: (no reason given)

edit on 9-11-2011 by CherubBaby because: title

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 09:16 PM
link   
reply to post by CherubBaby

I love these things, but they're really more for city driving. If that car got hit by anything on the highway going over 40mph...it won't matter how many mpgs it gets anymore.

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 09:40 PM
link   
reply to post by goldcoin

What if it got hit by another one like it?
edit on 9-11-2011 by Kevinquisitor because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 09:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Kevinquisitor

Touche

I don't think I would fit in one though, I am kinda tall.
edit on 9-11-2011 by tooo many pills because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 09:44 PM
link   
Where do I put the kids

Buzzing along in this thing on the interstate packed with tractor trailers.......wow what a rush......

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 09:45 PM
link   
I hope these roll out en mass soon, and are affordable. They could steer the populace to purchase more of them, and really drive down the price of gasoline production, and curb carbon exhaust. Because everyone knows that a man who runs in front of car gets tired, but if he runs behind car he gets exhausted.

See what I did there?

Thank you for sharing this... truly amazing.

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 09:58 PM
link   
The future sure is looking masculine. Is that thing going to come with midol?

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 10:03 PM
link   
I think it's great that it can get that kind of mileage. What concerns me, though, is road stability.

Where I live, for example, a lot of roads pass through open countryside where crosswinds can gust to 40 mph or better. That can make a small car made of steel swerve. I'm afraid one of these might be blown completely off the road.

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 10:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kevinquisitor
reply to post by goldcoin

What if it got hit by another one like it?
edit on 9-11-2011 by Kevinquisitor because: (no reason given)

They would cancel each other out of course!

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 11:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Kevinquisitor

Your right on the money. In my opinion this is the answer to the soon to come kidknapping the oil companies are laying upon us and the worste is still to come. I look at these cars like a moped with four wheels and they are not meant to be comfortable or on the autobahn. They are meant to answer the need for a dry economical way to get around. The short trips are the ones that cost the most year in and year out.. thx

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 11:48 PM
link   
Sad part is that thing would be extremely expensive as a production car.

And how does an all electric vehicle get any MPG?

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 11:51 PM
link   
350 MPG? Wow, and such a small little car. What would that rate drop to if the average American were to drive it - assuming they could get inside?

@TheOven... Good question... All electric, 350 miles per gallon... *Brrrrrrrzzzzt* Does not compute...

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 12:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Sek82

The miles it travels for the cost of the charge. VS The same mileage with gasoline and the cost of the gas vs the electricity

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 12:06 AM
link   
reply to post by CherubBaby

In other words it is a bs number they came up with

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 12:40 AM
link   
"350 mpg" is a big jump- 3x more then any other electric car available?

companies don't release unparalleled items... barely significant improvements over the last years technology is the cadence, right? Your not going to see a 32 cylinder car or 50 megapixel camera or 10GHz processor next year. Then why 350mpg? given the pace, it'd be a disgrace

edit on 10-11-2011 by WaffleBear because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 01:18 AM
link   
reply to post by TheOven

No its not BS.. I will give you an example. Lets say it cost 1 dollar in gas to go 10 miles. and it cost 25 cents in electricty to go 10 miles (The same distance) then the milage would be 40 miles per dollar or per 1/4 gallon of gas compared to 10 miles per 1/4 gallon of gas.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 01:52 AM
link   
To all of you whining about "stability" or "safety".....

It's safer than a motorcycle. It's got a windshield, wipers...and you don't have to worry about losing the skin on your rear from sliding down the road on your @ss.

There's a few people around the world that put a Suzuki Hayabusa motorcycle engine in a Smart Car....looks about the same. And gets better gas mileage than any production vehicles.

We'll all be driving them soon......or walking.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 09:31 AM
link   
It's cute. Not the cutest but cute. I'd use it on a rainy day. Gets better 'mileage' then my moped at 110 mpg. I guess I would still opt for solar over plug-in but I guess it could be adapted if there is room for batteries.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 10:17 AM
link   
Firstly cars that can get great mileage are a great thing. But when we are talking about electric cars and the whole populous buying these we are talking about another strain on an already strained electric grid system whether it is Europe, China Russia, USA etc.
Plus to make all this new electric energy to charge these cars we are looking at burning more fossil fuels so to but it bluntly are we going to put more greenhouse gases into the atmosphere than from traditional cars with better catalytic converters, and the like with better fuel that is putting out less ppm or the direct burning of fossil fuels at power plant because it is the most efficient way of producing energy at the present moment.
Renewable energy only contributed 14.3 or so to the national energy in 2011 so far. the main problem with wind solar and hydro electric production is it can not be stored like most energy it has to be put straight into the grid and if there is not an opening for the power produced then it is wasted. We should be focused on finding a way of storing the power produced from the renewable sources. Who ever manages this will be a rich, rich person, company corporation.
I have friend who works for a major in energy development and he went to a conference last year and said the main focus was to re-engineer the battery for storage, the people leading the conference told them we need to throw everything we know about batteries out the window and start again.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 10:19 AM
link   
How does it go in snow?

What happens if you get hit by a ``normal`` car?

If it doesn't do well in snow... forget it... not to mention the security issue... and forget going to the grocery store or on a family trip with that.

But still, the technology seem good, it would be great if it were applied on a ``normal`` car... so we can get 100-150 mpg...

edit on 10-11-2011 by Vitchilo because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join