It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nibiru...ISS...But not a star?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 08:52 PM
link   
Well, I live in Florida and Once in a while (or rather every couple of weeks), the moon decides to come out with no clouds around it. This normally lasts around 1-2 weeks until the moon goes back behind some clouds. So anyhow, for about 7 months I've been seeing what to me was a star. Well I was wrong. I always wanted to ask someone here if anyone else has seen this. Well I know it's not a star because it moved it's position from under the moon to directly to its right. so now my question to ATS is this:

Is the ISS viewable from Coral Springs, Florida? And if it is, is it supposed to be in different locations like that? If it's not the ISS, and not a star...

Here's a kicker too, it's just a dot. Just a REALLY bright dot that you can see near the moon on almost any night. Sometimes it's in different locations, but I always pick my sis up at 8 PM and it's always in the same position but now it was moved. It doesn't move if you sit and watch it for like 30-40 minutes. So I know for a FACT it isn't a star anymore. And if it isn't ISS...

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 08:55 PM
link   
When you observe the ISS it is visibly moving across the sky at quite a speed.

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 08:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Idonthaveabeard

So it's not ISS...or a star...

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 08:59 PM
link   
What you're seeing is a lens flare of swamp gas from a weather balloon trapped in a thermal pocket that is reflecting the light from Venus.

I don't see how you can argue against it being a star while pushing for the idea that it is a planet *not already known about* that is close enough to be seen with the naked eye, to be honest. Tonight I could see Jupiter very clearly in the sky and it was right next to the moon.
edit on 9-11-2011 by garbageface because: *not already known about*

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 09:04 PM
link   
reply to post by mr10k

That would be Jupiter.

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 09:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by garbageface
What you're seeing is a lens flare of swamp gas from a weather balloon trapped in a thermal pocket that is reflecting the light from Venus.

I don't see how you can argue against it being a star while pushing for the idea that it is a planet *not already known about* that is close enough to be seen with the naked eye, to be honest. Tonight I could see Jupiter very clearly in the sky and it was right next to the moon.
edit on 9-11-2011 by garbageface because: *not already known about*

I'm not saying it's Nibiru. I'm just saying that it wasn't a star (which Nibiru is lol I just put it there to attract attention I really wanted an answer). I just don't know if stars are supposed to suddenly switch positions relative to the moon

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 09:12 PM
link   
clprime is right....im in florida too and not too far from coral springs, plus i have a star watcher app on my iphone and it is jupiter.

ive learned a lot of cool things and sometimes i dont even need the app.

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 09:13 PM
link   
IT'S JUPITER
2nd line

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 09:14 PM
link   
I was just looking up to the moon and asked myself the same question.Logged in to above top secret and got the answer,Jupiter!
I was getting very curious...

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 09:15 PM
link   
Definitely Jupiter. It has been in the night sky close to the moon for several months now. It really is a beautiful planet, we're lucky to have such a clear consistant view of it.

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 09:16 PM
link   
So It's Jupiter
Good to know. I don't really know what planets I can see and where they are but Jupiter looks beautiful from here and the Moon is really nice tonight
Thanks all.

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 09:19 PM
link   
reply to post by mr10k

I am so glad someone asked that question...I am on the opposite coast (Englewood) and Sailor Jerry visited with Mr. Cola and I thought that it was his visit that had me "seeing stars"!!! Big effin laughs now. I feel stupid but not so freaked out.

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 08:38 AM
link   
reply to post by mr10k

If you go to heaven-above, you can put in your location and then know when the ISS (and other satellites and known objects) will be visible in your area. In addition, there is a whole sky chart, and you can change the time reference on that chart, such that you can see which planets are visible at what time/date in your area.

happy skywatching!

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 01:31 PM
link   
reply to post by mr10k

here's a kicker, there's over 50 GPS satellites alone that reflect light at night, along with the other 100 + type of satellites currently orbiting our planet, if they flicker and twinkle different colors then its a satellite, if its a dim or bright flicker but not to much color change then its a star or planet, and if its neither then you better call VonHelton cause ya'll both been on drugs to long

top topics

join