It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

OWS Protesters Start March To WASHINGTON, D.C.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 08:33 PM
link   
I support OWS all the way!!!
March on!!! Enough said!!!!

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 08:37 PM
link   

But I think it can and does go both ways because the paid criminals in congress would not be so without the corps, no? If we limited campaign finance/contributions, then maybe a politician would be able to do what they started out wanting to do, altruistically, instead of putting on the puppet strings and do the money dance for the biggest contributors.

I hear what you are saying but doesn't that speak more to my point that the government should be getting the bulk of the blame? One can blame a corporation for contributing to campaigns but if it is legal, which it is, one has to blame the government for making it legal, right?

I mean we can blame the corporation for doing something morally wrong but if it is made legal by the government they are simply doing what they can get away with.

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 08:38 PM
link   
reply to post by sageofmonticello

Agreed

One exception would be attorneys, those crafty bottom feeders will do whatever for whoever will pay them.
I am the king of last minute edits tonight!

edit on 9-11-2011 by speculativeoptimist because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 08:49 PM
link   

I am the king of last minute edits tonight!

lol, I noticed that

Lucky for me I didn't want to retract the star I gave you. I fully subscribe to the thought that lawyers should be banned from running for public office. There is still a unratified amendment that would bar them from doing so. i think it would be a step in the right direction.

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 08:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Ex_CT2

Exactly. I mean asking a corporation to forego profits is like asking a fish not to swim in water.

Pretty much exactly how I feel. The first step I think would be to end corporate personhood, outlaw paid lobbies and revert corporate law to something that more resembles the early 1800's.

Corporations should only be allowed to exist if they can prove they work in the public good and then should only be allowed to continue for a limited time.

Our founding fathers saw corporations as a tool of tyranny and had very strict laws for how they could be run and for what they could be established for. The "American" version of a corporation was never intended to be a tool of business it was meant to be a tool for people, not profit. Early corporations were used to build roads and such.

We have come full circle and corporations are once again a tool of tyranny.

this is a post I wrote in another thread awhile ago that goes into a bit more detail if anyone is interested.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 9-11-2011 by sageofmonticello because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 09:52 PM
link   
Just in time to screw up Thanksgiving Holiday traffic. So, its Occupy the Highway now?

Actually, speaking as one of those who has questioned why OWS has not marched on Capital Hill and the WH I say great as long as they march beyond the camps of Occupy DC.

Now for logistics. The House of Reps. will be in recess from Nov 21-27 and Senate will be off for the Holiday and both the House and Senate Adjourn in early Dec. for the rest of the year.

So, why march now when nobody will be flippin home in DC?? Bad timing!! probably on purpose.

If they actually make it I'll be somewhat impressed although I don't expect much when they arrive. Seems more like a publicity stunt than a call to action.

www.thecapitol.net...

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 10:06 PM
link   
now at least the parks can be properly cleaned FINALLY

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 10:16 PM
link   
Excellent. We've been sold out, marginalized, and ignored while the people with the power to make changes party it up with their favorite sugar daddy each night.

In a perfect world, people with different political views could join in and shout as one "We will not tolerate this betrayal!" Even though we differ in our solutions to the current situation, I think a debate among citizen's concerns would be preferable to the status quo, in which Washington tells us all to just shut up and take it.

The selling of legislative power needs to stop. All of it.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 11:16 AM
link   
I am glad they are going to Washington D.C....but I think they should have taken Greyhound.....had a good rest on the bus....arrive in D.C. early....(before Nov. 23rd).....regroup with the other (Occupiers) in D.C. and then do what they think will be effective. They can always march around after they get there.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Actually, it is more of symbiotic relationship.
Bring one down the other will fall.
It does not matter which one is taken down first.

Occupy Wall Street or Occupy DC, either way will get the job done.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Some updated info:

It is too bad many of the officials will be off work for a while. I hope the protestors will be okay, stay warm and achieve some of their goals. Maybe they will set up a blanket drive for some warmth.
Another link here

Peace,
spec
edit on 10-11-2011 by speculativeoptimist because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 12:41 PM
link   
Finally, I totally support this. I've been saying it for awhile, and so have others, we can't fix wall street until we fix the government.

Just imagine if you all did this

Good luck out there, stay safe. If you're still there in two months when I get there I'll join you

edit on 10-11-2011 by GringoViejo because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 12:44 PM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

I see your point jibeho, but is there really a 'bad' time to try and fix things or is there just better and not as good time?

I hope the movement will now attract others and they can focus their efforts now together and in one place.

spec

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 12:48 PM
link   

I like your premise sage, and yes I like separating the corps because the majority are not bad, and of course are a necessity for our system and prosperity, but the mega corps need a message and so does Washington.
On Daily Show last night they talked about this new effort to fix congress and Pelosi(I know) suggested a televised meeting on solutions and a direction. This would be a new approach and I think it is a good idea, in the spirit of transparency. I would like to see all those pertinent meetings be televised, for a camera keeps me honest, imo.

Peace,
spec
ETA: Link to show here
edit on 10-11-2011 by speculativeoptimist because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 12:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Momus

Hell I would take a 'better' world at this point Momus, but you make a good point and yes it would show concern and strength if our leaders tried to work thru some of the holidays to address this mess.
Thanks for the reply

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by caladonea

Hey cladonea, yes a break would be good it seems since many at Washington will not even be there for a period. Anyway, I think this is a step in the right direction.
Thanks for the comment and support.

spec

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 01:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Skewed

Let's start by taking the money(excessive amounts) out and have open televised meetings. This would be a good start imo. It seems the ole love of money is the source for so many woes here, and it reaches all facets of these processes. It has to change.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by kenny71

ARE YOU SERIOUS? yea we can change the world, but while your changing the world stay out of MY way, because then i just can't back your position.

hopefully though they'll end up with far more than 2 dozen protesters. i hope this draws a large crowd

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by kenny71
As long as they don't cause any unneeded traffic I am OK with it. That would be the last thing we need.

Creating traffic problems in DC is like pouring water in the ocean. No one is going to notice. I find it hard to believe that the traffic in DC could get any worse.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join