It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

OWS Protesters Start March To WASHINGTON, D.C.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 07:51 PM
link   

OWS Protesters Start March To Washington, D.C.

www.npr.org

Flanked by police scooters, about two dozen Occupy Wall Street protesters started a two-week walk from New York to Washington on Wednesday.

The group left the encampment around noon and are expected to arrive at their destination by Nov. 23, the deadline for the Congressional “supercommittee” to come up with its deficit reduction plan.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
newyork.cbslocal.com
e dit on 9-11-2011 by speculativeoptimist because: emphasis

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 07:51 PM
link   
Well it has to start somewhere, and perhaps others will join in this 240 mile journey. Many here were wondering why no protesting at Washington, well now there will be, and heck I'd like to see some Tea Party folks come back out and maybe many in opposition can come together for a unified purpose, change. Drum circles and haircuts anyone?

There is not much on this yet, but I think it will gain momentum in action and coverage.
I imagine this thread will attract various responses, many filled with hate, but I hope that this movement may serve as a unifying one, to some degree, and I am glad there will be a single place for people from everywhere to gather, if they so wish. They better dress warm though

www.npr.org
(visit the link for the full news article)
newyork.cbslocal.com
edi t on 9-11-2011 by speculativeoptimist because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 08:00 PM
link   
Too late... Almost time to go home and prepare for a new cause....

Survival!

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 08:01 PM
link   
It's about time to take it to the source.

I'll be watching as will many others. Good Luck OWS.

Peace

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 08:03 PM
link   
As long as they don't cause any unneeded traffic I am OK with it. That would be the last thing we need.

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 08:05 PM
link   
#OccupyDC
They've been there im pretty sure.

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fractured.Facade

Survival!

True dat

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 08:06 PM
link   
It is about time that they start to protest in the correct location. The banks and corporations they hate so much are endorsed by the government and could not exist without their cooperation.

It is the corrupt government that should be occupied. Once the government corruption is dealt with the corporations, banks and the like that are corrupt as well can be dealt with quite easily.

I never understood the point of occupying wall street. Well, i guess I "get it" just it doesn't make a lot of sense to me when the real problem is federal and state governments run amok with collusion and corruption.

edit on 9-11-2011 by sageofmonticello because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 08:11 PM
link   
reply to post by AzureSky

#OccupyDC
They've been there im pretty sure.

But not as 'the' central collective place for all occupiers, from all over. Me thinks it is a good idea.

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 08:11 PM
link   
reply to post by kenny71

Yea, we don't want to fix our country to any degree if we are going to disrupt traffic?
Meant in good spirit of course, but c'mon, this may be the biggest chance to make some kind of difference here.
I hope that DC is better prepared for protests and such and I would imagine they were, so traffic should not be an issue, hopefully. Let the re-routing begin...

spec

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 08:13 PM
link   
reply to post by sageofmonticello

ETA: retracted because I misread the post

edit on 9-11-2011 by speculativeoptimist because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by ga-`tv-gi

Originally posted by Fractured.Facade

Survival!

True dat

Id say mostly pleasent weather on there trip, mainly 50 degree temps. Until the 23rd, however it could be raining at time's, the good news is this/mag.ncep.noaa.gov... TS&pname=200_wnd_ht%23500_vort_ht%231000_500_thick%23850_temp_ht&pdesc=&model=GFS&area=NAMER&cat=MODEL+GUIDANCE&fcast=288&areaDesc=North+America+-+US+ Canada+and+northern+Mexico&prevArea=NAMER&currKey=model&returnToModel=&imageSize=M?

Low pressure system will be bringing warm air from the coast. sorry i have no clue how to format this
edit on 9-11-2011 by TechniXcality because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 08:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by sageofmonticello
It is about time that they start to protest in the correct location. The banks and corporations they hate so much are endorsed by the government and could not exist without their cooperation.

It is the corrupt government that should be occupied. Once the government corruption is dealt with the corporations, banks and the like that are corrupt as well can be dealt with quite easily.

I never understood the point of occupying wall street. Well, i guess I "get it" just it doesn't make a lot of sense to me when the real problem is federal and state governments run amok with collusion and corruption.

I agree with you to a great extent, simply because it's a lost cause to try to convince extreme greedheads that there's something wrong about greed. They're not like us; they're absolutely sure that everything they do in the pursuit of money [read: power] is not only acceptable but their birthright. To expect them to voluntarily submit in the face of our censure is foolish on its face.

Thus, any actions have to be taken by governments. But don't get me started on that. They've very successfully bought our governing agencies right out from under us. It's an uphill battle, and a long road ahead....
edit on 11/9/2011 by Ex_CT2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 08:18 PM
link   
I'm glad someone posted it.
Thank-you

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 08:19 PM
link   
reply to post by speculativeoptimist

It's about time - posted that here

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Merry Christmas D.C.

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Why in the world would you think I think that? I actually said

" corporations, banks and the like that are corrupt"

and

"governments run amok with collusion"

So why would you think that I think that the mega-corps have no issues to be addressed? Nothing in my post suggested that. i only said that the government endorses it yet they protest the byproduct of the government endorsement. You may also see by my screen name I refer to myself as a "corporate dissident".

I simply feel like that by protesting wall street they are attempting to treat the symptom not the disease.

Corporations could not do any of the items you brought up without their paid criminals in congress, the executive and elsewhere endorsing the behavior. If you end the government corruption you end the corporate corruption. Not the other way around.
edit on 9-11-2011 by sageofmonticello because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 08:24 PM
link   

My bad man, I got the impression that you were assigning exclusive(final) blame on the gov. I apologize for misinterpreting that. I am a little sensitive to blaming just one side for everything these days.
ETA:

Corporations could not do any of the items you brought up without their paid criminals in congress, the executive and elsewhere endorsing the behavior. If you end the government corruption you end the corporate corruption. Not the other way around.

But I think it can and does go both ways because the paid criminals in congress would not be so without the corps, no? If we limited campaign finance/contributions, then maybe a politician would be able to do what they started out wanting to do, altruistically, instead of putting on the puppet strings and do the money dance for the biggest contributors.

edit on 9-11-2011 by speculativeoptimist because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 08:24 PM
link   
good post. ows go for ur victory

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 08:29 PM
link   

lol, its all good

I myself am guilty of doing the same. I think it is simply a byproduct of text based communication. Original intent is often left entirely up for individual interpretation.

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Let's just hope something changes for the better friend

top topics

<<   2 >>

join