It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What's Your Beef With NASA?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 03:02 AM
link   
reply to post by nv4711

My rant was admittedly cathartic & based in childhood resentment, missed opportunity, & expectations of flying cars, etc.

It wasn't until you asked, that I asked myself, "Do I have a beef w/NASA?" I realized that I did & it breaks my heart to think that our last bastion of real exploration (aside from the oceans & center of the Earth) has likely all but faded w/in my lifetime—based on the progression to date.

I won’t attempt to speak for anyone here, but I will say that I don’t blame any one individual for my unmet expectations. If you wish to blame me for your query eliciting a little passion and frustration, then by all means please do. In doing so, I hope that you feel more certain about your wavering NASA convictions.

After all, isn’t it your present disgruntlement and sense of detachment that instigated starting this thread? Aren’t you seeking pseudo-solidarity and reinforcement by trying to place yourself on the other side of the fence, when deep-down you’re really just as frustrated as the rest of us?

NASA will always be an American institution & upon initial consideration, will elicit feelings of accomplishment, pride, & even fantasy among many of us, but as long as King Midas & not the collective conscience of the agency “makes the rules”, well, you’re getting your answers.

...another thing, Betelgeuse?—seriously, is 42-years not enough time to set-up some type of moon base? NASA is so eager for instant gratification that they’re like a dog doing tricks for corporate America. Maybe pooling resources & doing something for the betterment of humankind, instead of every PhD selfishly grabbing at their piece of research pie, would free-up some "gold"!

Military money is still gov't money, but transporting private satellites that come crashing back to Earth & abandoning a Space Station—when's that thing coming down & where's it crashing? Where's the foresight in that, not to mention the waste?

edit on 12-11-2011 by OlafMiacov because: typos

edit on 12-11-2011 by OlafMiacov because: more ranting

edit on 12-11-2011 by OlafMiacov because: haste

edit on 12-11-2011 by OlafMiacov because: etc.

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 03:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by nv4711
Hey scientists, what's taking so long with that nuclear fission propulsion system..?

No, no, wait UFOs are real and so are the super flying capabilities, 'Why do you think man can't invent suddenly so advanced flight technology' - some say. Come on, it is all human right? Why talk about 'what took you so long, scientists'? We are all RATIONAL and ETs NEVER CAME so we have technology, so why the 'what took you so long scientists'? Or are you saying thar's not human science, that's not ETs, what's then? DEMONS/DAEAEAEMONS? ANGELS?

Ah it is easy to deny but give some explanation here, many on this forum are know-it-all but won't give you an explanation to all that exists about UFOs ignore the 90% hoaxes of the 20-21st century, focus on the rest? So you dont know what it is but you deny it and won't give an explanation because you CANT (or it wont be a good explanation)

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 08:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by LightSpeedDriver
reply to post by nv4711

Why can't you just be honest? Is it really that hard?

Repeat after me: I am a NASA shill and will do all their bidding.

There. Done and dusted, of all moondust too!
I think the other one is the shill. Oh, and I don't mean Jim O.

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 08:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Erno86
Third - NASA, with the help of the NSA, NRO and the current administration employ's a UFO coverup that denies any Earthly ET visitation, so that they can grease the pockets of greedy defense corporations and NASA, with U.S. taxpayer money in there so called "search for extraterristrial life." When in fact --- Other-worldy craft, have been cavorting through Earths atmosphere, for at least decades, if not hundreds or millions of years!!!
You know too... Another idiot. Welcome to the club.

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 08:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon
So every one of you NASA huggers out there... find me a NASA copy of the STS 75 and STS 80 film footage. When you can do that I will concede that maybe NASA is not hiding anything.

Now Jim Oberg has been asked this many times... and yet has never produced the goods, and he has more direct access than any of us...
Even if they magically appeared now, I'd have my doubts they were legit. It just won't wash with me that these questions can't be dealt with in less time than it takes to tamper with footage.

Time and again we are told that any editing is not suspicious. There are so many examples of us not having the opportunity to inspect the unedited raw original. Without the raw data the argument can't be settled. The exceptions to this are not helpful because they could be hand picked. Until ALL raw images, feeds (without time delays) and data are available at ALL times you will NEVER remove the doubt from peoples minds.

Being open is making all data available. It really is that simple.

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 12:34 PM
link   
I have no major beef with Nasa - if it wasn't for the space programme my imagination for space would have never been sparked. I'll forgive them everything else tbh, when the time is right we'll know.
4.bp.blogspot.com...

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Zorgon brought up the Reptilian.. not me.. so your complaint is misdirected.

Well that is one report from one person
I have another one that is longer and much better, but no point wasting time on you. Just one thing to note... these 'reptilians' look like us, not reptiles... this is why you don't spot them
Its only in the eyes.

Just for fun... here is part of the story....

In the morning, about 9am it was already 95 degrees. An Army Captain pulled up in a jeep from the direction of the training area, whom we had never seen up to that point either, and informed us the exercise was over, "go back to your units".

Well....You probably have a pretty good idea about me by now, and I said: "C'mon Captain, we all saw that thing last night, and it wasn't any kind of aircraft we've ever seen. What was it...and who's"? We all were looking directly at him, then curiously, like something’s not right with this guy, like he didn't seem to be alive. Kind of a waxy face, almost plastic or mannequin like and strange light green color eyes and wearing black gloves in 95 degree heat in a full dress uniform with no name tag. And not sweating!

He said: "I don't know what you're talking about, now get back to your units"! After what we saw the night before and the crap from the AP's, I was getting pissed. And when I saw he wasn't armed, when everybody we saw was, I wanted answers. I still had my M-16 in my hands. I made a kind of threatening move by wrapping my hand around the grip and trigger and said point blank: "Why are you wearing black leather gloves in this heat and not sweating"?

He didn't answer. I clicked off the safety. It seemed like if you were a mile away, you would have heard that click. He twitched at this and looked at the weapon then me. He knew I wasn't impressed with his rank. Nobody moved. Like time stopped. It was uncannily quiet. He was about five feet in front of me. And I thought: "If he makes a move towards me, I'm going to cut him in half".

He took two slow steps backwards and turned to head back to his jeep. First, he would have jumped down my throat for not saying "Sir" if he was a Captain. Then I would have been standing before a court martial for handling a weapon in a threatening manner. Third, he started back to his jeep (with no driver) and no response.

I was going to stop him but the MS was really freaked out by this time and ran up to me and said: "Are you crazy? What are you doing"?

I protested and said: "Sarge, this guy's an impostor, can't you see that? Everybody else might be dead"!

He said: "You may be right but I'll find out what's going on when we get back. Don't take the chance of a court martial for threatening an officer"!

I remember say something like: "I already did that and if he's an officer, then I'm an alien"! The "Captain" heard that and turned back and looked at me with black eyes! It sent a shivering chill up my spine upon seeing this and said: "Did you see that? Look at him! His eyes are black now"!

I started to raise my weapon at him and tell him to stop and the MS got in front of me and said: "Stand down soldier, that's an order"!

As the Captain drove off back towards the training area I told the MS: "We'll never know now, that's the last time we'll see him and you aren't going to find out anything when we get back and know it".

He said: "I know, but we saw something special and can't repeat it, can we? Who would believe us? And someone would stop us one way or another. And if I let you shoot him, and he is what he looks like, where would we be then? And what makes you think he didn't have a weapon? Because you couldn't see one? He may have had something that could vaporize all of us, the size of a lighter"!

I said: "You've been watching too much Star Trek and when did you get philosophical? Last night you wanted to forget the whole incident"?

He said: "I thought hard about it last night and came to only one conclusion: We're being visited and we'll be told when they want to tell us. They are obviously much more advanced than us and don't seem to be a threat. Otherwise we would have been in the middle of it last night. So let's get back safely without shooting anyone".

You can read the rest here
www.thelivingmoon.com...

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Let me just say that I'm quite positive that I'm much older than the average member here, I've lived in many countries and cultures and I've also been to quite a number of let's say "installations", government and otherwise where secrecy and "deny everything" is daily routine.

Now THAT is quite a statement...

A few years back there was another poster on ATS, who worked for one of the three letter clubs. He talked a bit like you... and in the end he came and 'visited' us. Won't bore you with the details... but he was DIA/AF Intel, and no he drove a yellow SUV not a black one

The military is highly compartmentalized, so when someone says... "I've also been to quite a number of let's say "installations", government and otherwise where secrecy and "deny everything" is daily routine" That sends up red flags...

As the fellow who told me about the eyes puts it...

Your note is full of so many things that we could chat about...literally for hours. What really caught my interest was the story about the 'visitor' y'all had. I used to do similar things...get in the car...drive over half of God's Creation to 'visit' with people, scientists and some folks with special skills.

Remember...for someone to be able to do that (travel, etc.)...that takes a 'budget', schedules, etc. And in order for someone to do something like that (like I used to do right after 9/11 thru early -03)...someone who has a discretionary budget generally finances those kind of 'intel' projects. Does the term 'reconnoiter' mean anything to you? (LOL)! Just be careful.. They probably don't consider you guys to be a threat, or they'd have already 'bored you to death with conversation' (ROTFL!). A further consideration is the 'spoon-feed-effect'. No need to extrapolate on that issue/prospect.

So if your not a NASA shill (which I doubt) just which Alphabet Agency do you associate with? There are several other agents on ATS, but they were man enough to show us their badge

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pimander
Being open is making all data available. It really is that simple.

Well how about the SMOKING GUN of NASA coverup? (This is not space related)

This particular incident was in the main stream media and literally took an act of Congress to make NASA comply...

NASA Airplane Safety Report Stalled
Some Wonder Whether Survey Is Being Withheld Due to Scary News
Oct. 23, 2007

NASA surveyed some 24,000 pilots on aviation safety over nearly four years, but the data collected has never been released.
From World News with Charles Gibson
By LISA STARK

The idea behind the NASA aviation safety program was simple -- ask those who work in the system day in and day out about safety-related incidents and then use the information to reduce accidents.

NASA surveyed some 24,000 commercial and general aviation pilots over nearly four years, but the data, collected through early 2005, have never been released. Just six days ago, those affiliated with the project got an e-mail, asking them to turn over any data to NASA and delete survey information from their personal computers.

ABC NEWS

NASA spent at least $8.5 million to design and conduct the survey.

The questionnaire covered dozens of safety issues including runway incursions, near misses and engine failure. One source affiliated with the project said it was turning up many more reports of incidents than were officially reported to the FAA.

"There's no question the FAA did not want this out in any way, shape or form," that source told ABC News.

The FAA denies this.

The Associated Press said it had been trying, unsuccessfully, to get the data released through a Freedom of Information Act request.

Just how sensitive the information is seems clear in a document from NASA denying that FOIA request. NASA said "release of the data ... could materially affect the public confidence in, and the commercial welfare of, the air carriers."

The union representing the majority of commercial pilots in the United States said the program is tremendously valuable. "What good is information unless we're able to analyze it and use it? Were some people trying to hide from this?" Captain John Prater, president of the Air Line Pilot's Association, asked.

Members of Congress have now demanded that the data be preserved and presented to lawmakers.

The administrator has now taken steps to make sure the safety survey data is preserved and the agency is looking into whether it can release it. A NASA spokesman told ABC News the data is still being analyzed, and that an analysis won't be finished until the end of the year.

NASA Air Safety Study Shelved
blogs.abcnews.com...

NASA Withholding Troubling Safety Results
www.abcnews.go.com...

Houston, We Have a Drinking Problem: Tell NASA What's Wrong With This Picture
www.abcnews.go.com...

So Associated Press was denied an FOIA to get the information and only Congress getting involved got any action. And this was a simple airplane safety study. If they need to hide the fact that pilots drink on the job you really think they will tell us anything about what is really going on in Space?

I think I am done with this thread. It is obvious that the OP has an agenda. And seeking proof of NASA coverup is not his goal.

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Let me just say that I'm quite positive that I'm much older than the average member here, I've lived in many countries and cultures and I've also been to quite a number of let's say "installations", government and otherwise where secrecy and "deny everything" is daily routine.

Now THAT is quite a statement...

A few years back there was another poster on ATS, who worked for one of the three letter clubs. He talked a bit like you... and in the end he came and 'visited' us. Won't bore you with the details... but he was DIA/AF Intel, and no he drove a yellow SUV not a black one

The military is highly compartmentalized, so when someone says... "I've also been to quite a number of let's say "installations", government and otherwise where secrecy and "deny everything" is daily routine" That sends up red flags...

As the fellow who told me about the eyes puts it...

Your note is full of so many things that we could chat about...literally for hours. What really caught my interest was the story about the 'visitor' y'all had. I used to do similar things...get in the car...drive over half of God's Creation to 'visit' with people, scientists and some folks with special skills.

Remember...for someone to be able to do that (travel, etc.)...that takes a 'budget', schedules, etc. And in order for someone to do something like that (like I used to do right after 9/11 thru early -03)...someone who has a discretionary budget generally finances those kind of 'intel' projects. Does the term 'reconnoiter' mean anything to you? (LOL)! Just be careful.. They probably don't consider you guys to be a threat, or they'd have already 'bored you to death with conversation' (ROTFL!). A further consideration is the 'spoon-feed-effect'. No need to extrapolate on that issue/prospect.

So if your not a NASA shill (which I doubt) just which Alphabet Agency do you associate with? There are several other agents on ATS, but they were man enough to show us their badge

Well, mine is kinda dark grey'ish silver...SUV, that is...gee...yellow...that's just wrong.
Anyone that "shows you his badge" on a board like this only proves he's a fraud and the only 3 letter club he might be associated with is the AAA. I'm sure you heard the line: "Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges."

Other than that, the "NV" in my user name stands for my home state (well, not really my home state but where I live). Now make of that what you wish, just make sure to come up with the most paranoid and outlandish explanation you can think of, only then will your ATS fan club applaud and award you a few more stars... remember: never let the truth get in the way of a good story.

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Zorgon brought up the Reptilian.. not me.. so your complaint is misdirected.

Well that is one report from one person
I have another one that is longer and much better, but no point wasting time on you. Just one thing to note... these 'reptilians' look like us, not reptiles... this is why you don't spot them
Its only in the eyes.

Just for fun... here is part of the story....

You can read the rest here
www.thelivingmoon.com...

Yes, that was a fun read... a little too contrived and John Wayne'ish, but for an amateur playwright...not too bad...and how he remembers every little detail of the conversation after such a long time, very impressive and the first sign of deception.

Of course, there are so many inconsistencies ... but what I wonder most about is:
As you say, the "Reptilians" can only be spotted when you look into their eyes.... so, the whole incident could have been avoided if the Air Force would have sprung for a pair of $5 sunglasses...besides that the reptilian Cpt. would have looked a lot more stylish....no, he'd also effectively disguised the only dead giveaway...and sunglasses wouldn't even be out of place in White Sands...

Yes, sounds exactly how such operations are executed.... gimme a break
edit on 12-11-2011 by nv4711 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 09:26 PM
link   

Anyone that "shows you his badge" on a board like this only proves he's a fraud and the only 3 letter club he might be associated with is the AAA.

Now I know your just a troll
and yeah I figured nv was for Nevada.
Funny how you ignored the NASA study

Well have a nice life Herr troll... it was fun

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 10:09 PM
link   

Anyone that "shows you his badge" on a board like this only proves he's a fraud and the only 3 letter club he might be associated with is the AAA.

Now I know your just a troll
and yeah I figured nv was for Nevada.
Funny how you ignored the NASA study

Well have a nice life Herr troll... it was fun

Well, the nv wasn't so hard to figure out I suppose....
The NASA / FAA thing - yes, as I said in a previous post, there is certainly corruption going on, like in any, perhaps all gov agencies of this size and budget. It doesn't surprise me that somebody from the airline industry was calling in a favor - but the same story shows that at the end the system works, even when it's congress having to step in.

But we're talking about ET... everything else is childsplay in comparison.
And now seriously, I just can't believe that you think this White Sands story is credible.... there are so many things wrong with it that I'm stunned you (or anyone else) can believe that. You may not care for my sense of humor, but you've got to admit that a simple detail like "give the alien a pair of sunglasses" would have never escaped the, well, whoever his handler would have been.... and I don't even want to go into the cheesy writing... " the click of the safety could be heard from a mile away..." ...please... an E-4 removing the safety and pointing his M-16 at an officer goes to Leavenworth, regardless what "ethnic background" that officer has...

Amazing how thinskinned you guys are when challenged - with reasonable objections, I might add.
But it's good to see you speak a second language, that usually broadens the horizon....usually....

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 07:39 PM
link   
reply to post by nv4711

Maybe its just a sign of how cheated we all feel, no matter whether that feeling is justified or not, it would appear that a few of us seem to think so. Tempers can get a little frayed and comments a little caustic but it is, like a previous poster noted, just because we all expected to be in flying cars by now. I think I can safely say there will be no major "news" from NASA about anything much in my lifetime, and I don't mean that as a criticism, just a fact. I have no insider knowledge and could well be wrong and time will of course tell but it all feels very low key these days. A probe here, a telescope or sensing device there and thats about it.

Put differently, whether they find, water or platinum on the planet they are examining at the time, what difference does that make to people on earth? It also saddens me to see what we think of at least as poorer nations coming online with their own space programs when they could be doing so many other good things with that money. Sure its nice and interesting and can help bring us all wonderful new insights into the nature of things but there is plenty of time for space when we work out how to avoid using clunky solid fuel rockets. I understand the fascination but not the obsession.

Being in a double dip recession doesn't help either.

Note to self: Time to reaffirm my "I will keep out of NASA threads" pledge...
edit on 19/11/11 by LightSpeedDriver because: Note to self

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by KonquestAbySS
Whats the point of paying taxes for a Government Space administration that lies to its own people. It seems like they hold NASA personnel on a higher peddle stool then the average American, they know whats going on within the NASA community, and those of us who want answers can't get them and we are left out to dry. I find that BS, that the majority of everything we pitch in for with our tax dollars is going to waste so some jackass with a PHD or Masters degree could lie to people. That's my beef.

Conspiracy theory speculating Moon landing hoax!
But, i think these footages are just simulations before the real Apollo 11 mission.

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Imtor
Of course there are paranoid people who believe in reptilians, yet not a single reptilian picture (im surprised there isn't a single photo/picture of a reptilian (even a fake one) while having at least elaborate Grey alien hoaxes).

It would be nice of you if you could point out what Grey alien hoaxes you are refering to. Any links? You did, however, mention that one of the pictures of a Grey alien to be genuine, an thanks for confirming that.

And you should take a look of this footage of EBE
And then there are reported UFOs and aliens on Mars and the Moon too.

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 10:46 AM
link   
Lunar surface 1969, Neil Armstrong: >>God, what is that out there?... What is that???... But, this is unbelievable!...Whats there? Mission Control calling Apollo 11...>Whats there? Mission Control calling Apollo 11...>These "Babies" are huge, Sir! Enormous! OH MY GOD! You wouldn't believe it! I'm telling you there are other spacecraft out there, Lined up on the far side of the crater edge! They're on the Moon watching us!>What REALLY happened out there with Apollo 11?>It was incredible, of course we had always known there was a possibility, the fact is, we were
warned off! (by the Aliens). There was never any question then of a space station or a moon city.>How do you mean "warned off"?>I can't go into details, except to say that their ships were far superior to ours both in size and
technology - Boy, were they big! and menacing! No, there is no question of a space station.>But NASA had other missions after Apollo 11?>Naturally - NASA was committed at that time, and couldn't risk panic on Earth. But it really was a
quick scoop and back again.

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 11:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Anunaki10

A certain professor, who wished to remain anonymous, was engaged in a discussion with Neil Armstrong during a NASA symposium.

What conference was this? When was it? Where was it? Most importantly, why do you believe nonsense like this? Your beef with NASA seems to be that they don't tell you the fantasy stories you want to hear.

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 03:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by DJW001
What conference was this? When was it? Where was it? Most importantly, why do you believe nonsense like this? Your beef with NASA seems to be that they don't tell you the fantasy stories you want to hear.

What make you think it's a conference? It states it was a symposium. Do you know what a NASA symposium is? What make you think it's a fantasy story? Can you prove it's a fantasy story? It states that a certain professor who wish to remain anonymous for some reason, just like for example another person also wanted to remain anonymous during interviews about Soviet UFO Secrets.

CIA behind the cover-up

Armstrong confirmed that the story was true but refused to go into further detail, beyond admitting that the CIA was behind the cover-up. "

CIA behind the cover-up? It's not the first time that CIA is mentioned concerning cover-ups in cooperation with NASA

This photo was taken at the NASA Flight Research Center at Edwards Air Force Base, California on 6 May 1960 as part of an elaborate effort by the CIA to cover-up the true nature of the U-2 spy plane program. On 1 May 1960 CIA pilot Francis Gary Powers was shot down over the Soviet Union during a spy flight. Cooperating with the CIA, NASA issued a press release with a cover story about a U-2 conducting weather research that may have strayed off course after the pilot "reported difficulties with his oxygen equipment." This photo shows a U-2 that was quickly painted in NASA markings, with a fictitious NASA serial number, and put on display for the news media at the Edwards NASA facility.

In reality, up to that time no U-2 was ever used by NASA. Unfortunately, Powers was captured by the Soviet Union and espionage equipment was recovered from the wreckage. Soviet Premier Nikita Khruschev exposed the cover-up and made much propaganda use of the America n deception.

edit on 28-11-2011 by Anunaki10 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 03:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Anunaki10

What make you think it's a conference? It states it was a symposium. Do you know what a NASA symposium is?

Yes. It's a conference. Look the word up.

What make you think it's a fantasy story? Can you prove it's a fantasy story?

The fact that you cannot even name a place or time, never mind actually proving that it happened, suggests that it is made up; hence, fantasy.

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join