It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What's Your Beef With NASA?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 12:24 PM
link   
reply to post by nv4711

The problem 'dear sir' is that clueless people like you (or otherwise called SHEEPS) who listen to only what is being told and cannot accept the possibility that lies, secrets, manipulation exists at high levels not just in NASA, ESA but also in other institutions like Banks, Gov etc etc.

Does anyone argue that NASA are doing a lot of things, the things they present are authentic? Yes they are, do you think they would tell you ALL? Do you think they don't have projects that are not to go public? Do you really believe that? I also knew a person who works in NASA, not their space programs but still he also told me not all is said to all. This is an AGENCY, you know only what you're working for.

Go kiss their butts then...
edit on 11-11-2011 by Imtor because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555
What's wrong with correcting the gamma of an image? I do that all the time.

Well turning a color image into grey scale is hardly "correcting the gamma".

Also turning the blue skies of Mars into red/brown when they have a color chart handy on the Rover for comparison is hardly "correcting the gamma".

Coloring black and white images of Venus 'NASA Lava orange' because one old picture from the Russian had a yellow/orange tint is hardly "correcting the gamma".

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Imtor
reply to post by nv4711

The problem 'dear sir' is that clueless people like you (or otherwise called SHEEPS) who listen to only what is being told and cannot accept the possibility that lies, secrets, manipulation exists at high levels not just in NASA, ESA but also in other institutions like Banks, Gov etc etc.

Does anyone argue that NASA are doing a lot of things, the things they present are authentic? Yes they are, do you think they would tell you ALL? Do you think they don't have projects that are not to go public? Do you really believe that? I also knew a person who works in NASA, not their space programs but still he also told me not all is said to all. This is an AGENCY, you know only what you're working for.

Go kiss their butts then...
edit on 11-11-2011 by Imtor because: (no reason given)

Gee Imtor... you're always in such a foul mood... you seriously need to chill a little.

Let me just say that I'm quite positive that I'm much older than the average member here, I've lived in many countries and cultures and I've also been to quite a number of let's say "installations", government and otherwise where secrecy and "deny everything" is daily routine. So you can save yourself your poor attempt to paint me as a naive simpleton who can't see through the fog - without knowing you, I'm convinced that my life experience is more diverse and much greater than yours and of many, if not the majority, of the posters here. I'm also not paranoid, manic depressive or schizophrenic, traits that would easily fit many a post here. Every government, corporation..heck, every family has secrets, in every country and every culture for any number of reasons. It's always been this way and always will. Your example of your friend working at NASA and that he confirmed that "not all is said to all"... Yes, I'm sure it isn't, just like if I were to get a job as a janitor at some bank, they won't tell me the combination for the safe.
Responses in this thread have so far included valid and sensible criticism as well as some more, let's say esoteric accusations. This of course is to be expected given the audience.

Ask yourself who is the SHEEP.. me or the guy who, as proof that NASA is lying and covering up a gigantic conspiracy, is posting this:

Thanks, Ron. I got a kick out of reading your note! YES..MIB's do exist. Did you get a chance to read my story about the 'visitor' I met at MacDill? He had 2 sets of eyelids...honestly...reptilian! I about # my pants when I saw his eyes...never forget them!

MacDill is MacDill AFB... the EBE was wearing an Air Force officers uniform and the 'story' is a 500 page paper including a sketch of a star drive. The author of that email is a NASA contractor who holds 23 top secret patents...

A reptilian alien, wearing an Air Force officers uniform, apparently handing over the blue prints for a "star drive" to some NASA contractor. Yes, that sounds believable, and it's all so well proven by an email from a guy who knows a guy...Yep, NASA is lying! Dragons be here!
Of course, employing reptilian aliens in the government is taking the Equal Opportunity Employer mandate a little too far for my taste.

The irony is that all these alleged cover ups of Aliens, Reptilians and Greys are just a sign of unoriginal parochial and anthropocentric thinking, like the aliens and alien technology of a 1950s B-movie. Real scientists doing real astrobiology and astrophysics are much more "fantastic" with their predictions of what alien life and technology would/will look like than any of these posters can ever dream of - and on top, it's rooted in actual scientific knowledge and discovery. Uh yes, and none of that work is secret or covered up.

Now, who is being lied to? Me or the guy (and those handing out the stars and flags) who believes (aka "knows") something somebody was told somewhere from somebody about reptilian aliens at NASA (or the Air Force, for that matter)? Add to that the secret moon bases we have, secret missions to Mars and whatever other outlandish story offered as proof for NASA lying and covering up the uncoverable.

Take your pick.

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 03:02 PM
link   
reply to post by nv4711

My major beefs with NASA - If your are in any way affiliated with NASA: My first beef - You sound like a troll that mocks some posters on ATS.

Second --- NASA's infantile, and wacky ideas towards space exploration, which includes the use of radioactive power packs on onboard satellite's, that could possibly irradiate an entire habitable planet due to a burnup in an alien atmosphere.

Third - NASA, with the help of the NSA, NRO and the current administration employ's a UFO coverup that denies any Earthly ET visitation, so that they can grease the pockets of greedy defense corporations and NASA, with U.S. taxpayer money in there so called "search for extraterristrial life." When in fact --- Other-worldy craft, have been cavorting through Earths atmosphere, for at least decades, if not hundreds or millions of years!!!

edit on 11-11-2011 by Erno86 because: typo

edit on 11-11-2011 by Erno86 because: added a word

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 04:00 PM
link   
reply to post by nv4711

Are you going to go back to NASA now with the findings of your survey on ATS?
What do you not understand about "conspiracy site"? If you expected nothing but praise for all the "fine work" *cough cough* that NASA has done over the years then I think you may just be on the wrong site. Obviously this is just 2 cents from a dumb sheeple. NASA. NAZI. Its close enough to describe the mindset of employees. And you just had to mention Reptilians didn't you? I wish they had a buttone for awarding Facepalms to posters.

EDIT: I don't know why it goes wrong but this is supposed to be a reply to the OP, NOT zorgon. Another ATS issue?
edit on 11/11/11 by LightSpeedDriver because: EDIT

edit on 11/11/11 by LightSpeedDriver because: ETA Fixed?

ETA@: Fixed!
edit on 11/11/11 by LightSpeedDriver because: TEA2

To me, it's the greatest government agency we have (sure as heck beats the IRS).

Yes, they both extract huge amounts of money from the population and fritter it away. Awesome comparison. Sorry, couldn't resist!
edit on 11/11/11 by LightSpeedDriver because: More ETA's

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Erno86
reply to post by nv4711

My major beefs with NASA - If your are in any way affiliated with NASA: My first beef - You sound like a troll that mocks some posters on ATS.

Second --- NASA's infantile, and wacky ideas towards space exploration, which includes the use of radioactive power packs on onboard satellite's, that could possibly irradiate an entire habitable planet due to a burnup in an alien atmosphere.

Third - NASA, with the help of the NSA, NRO and the current administration employ's a UFO coverup that denies any Earthly ET visitation, so that they can grease the pockets of greedy defense corporations and NASA, with U.S. taxpayer money in there so called "search for extraterristrial life." When in fact --- Other-worldy craft, have been cavorting through Earths atmosphere, for at least decades, if not hundreds or millions of years!!!

edit on 11-11-2011 by Erno86 because: typo

edit on 11-11-2011 by Erno86 because: added a word

Nope, not affiliated with NASA

I only mock people that deserve no better - like you for example. Aren't you the guy who played hide and seek with an alien? How many times now did you post "look look, I took this picture of an alien hiding behind a rock"...and nobody gives a hoot...

Really.. do they.. UFOs cavorting through Earths athmosphere for millions of years... for no apparent reason..uh.. sorry..other than taking away nicely paid government jobs from tax paying Americans.... yeah... I'm sure UFO sightings peak at 8am and 5pm... what with all the commuter traffic from the alien suburbs..

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 04:17 PM
link   
reply to post by nv4711

Ah, you just came here to laugh at all the silly stupid people? Good on you! Karma increase is on its way!. No doubt....

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon

Originally posted by DJW001
You're just used to looking at the rubbish scans you base your nonsense on.

Well that moon photo I showed you is not a rubbish scan it was taken with a 10 inch scope in London...

You know perfectly well that Clementine took false color photos, and I know for a fact you know what that means.

VISIBLE LIGHT [Normal Light]

High-Resolution Camera

This 1.1-kg camera operates at visible wavelengths (0.415 to 0.75 µm) with silicon CCD technology combined with a compact, lightweight image intensifier.

To provide reliable, solid-state, cost-effective imaging in the near ultraviolet,
visible, and near-infrared regions of the spectrum (from 0.3 to 1.0 µm), LLNL designed and built a medium-resolution, 0.426-kg camera that uses silicon charge-coupled device
(CCD) technology. For Clementine, this camera was combined with a six position spectral filter wheel for remote sensing applications and, specifically, for mineral typing studies of the Moon. The image below shows the African continent imaged by the ultraviolet/visible camera at five different wavelengths on a clear day from a distance of 384,000 km.

This is a true color image taken by that Clementine camera from the trip to the moon

That data is directly from Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory
www.llnl.gov...

You continue to play ostrich and use selective reasoning to push your agenda
Some images from clementine are enhanced with a little IR and UV but they are still taken in visible light range first

Now NASA took that image of earth above, the true color one, and did THIS with it

And who do you think are to you critique my photograph?

Who do I have to be to recognize junk?

edit on 10-11-2011 by zorgon because: (no reason given)

I was referring to this one that I responded to. Not any others.

There is nothing suspicious in this?
edit on 11/11/2011 by Blaine91555 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by LightSpeedDriver
reply to post by nv4711

Are you going to go back to NASA now with the findings of your survey on ATS?
What do you not understand about "conspiracy site"? If you expected nothing but praise for all the "fine work" *cough cough* that NASA has done over the years then I think you may just be on the wrong site. Obviously this is just 2 cents from a dumb sheeple. NASA. NAZI. Its close enough to describe the mindset of employees. And you just had to mention Reptilians didn't you? I wish they had a buttone for awarding Facepalms to posters.

EDIT: I don't know why it goes wrong but this is supposed to be a reply to the OP, NOT zorgon. Another ATS issue?
edit on 11/11/11 by LightSpeedDriver because: EDIT

edit on 11/11/11 by LightSpeedDriver because: ETA Fixed?

ETA@: Fixed!
edit on 11/11/11 by LightSpeedDriver because: TEA2

To me, it's the greatest government agency we have (sure as heck beats the IRS).

Yes, they both extract huge amounts of money from the population and fritter it away. Awesome comparison. Sorry, couldn't resist!
edit on 11/11/11 by LightSpeedDriver because: More ETA's

NASA survey on ATS... lol.... do you have any other grand and unfounded feelings of self importance?

Zorgon brought up the Reptilian.. not me.. so your complaint is misdirected.

Yeah.. wasn't sure if I should say "IRS" or "Post Office"... it was a close call..
uh.. I assume that NAZI stands for National Aeronautics and Zpace Institute?

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon

Originally posted by DJW001
Here's an actual color photo of the Moon, taken by myself a couple of months ago. Happy?

Thought not.

that the best you can do?

Quite frankly... that has to be the worst crappiest picture of the moon I have ever seen... why even bother?

:shk:

Here is a good example of NASA trickery.

This is the grey scale moon final product...

This is the original...

Now if you look closely at the finished product on the far right... you will see its not color correction... it is simply a sloppy over lay of a grey scale version

So yeah NASA DOES manipulate photos... and it IS on topic in a "Whats your Beef with NASA thread.

Personally I think you are just being deliberately obtuse...

As to color...

The US NAVY Clementine satellite did color Here is Reiner Gamma magnetic anomaly in all its glory. (This is the 10% scale version)

Mare Marginis, the magnetic anomaly on the opposite side (farside)

Here is Pegasus's photo of the moon. This is at 80% resolution... (the full 100% res is reserved for printing) Taken by my friend Mike Deegan in London. I have emails from NASA addresses that say its the best image of the moon they have seen

To big to paste into thread ...

www.thelivingmoon.com...

It shows us Aristarchus when the lights were on

edit on 10-11-2011 by zorgon because: (no reason given)

I just don't see how correcting for a filter is deceptive? I don't see digitizing it as deceptive either?

What conspiracy does a difference between the image tinted by the filter and the one corrected and processed for display show? Beyond wanting their images to be as presentable as possible? It does not hide anything?

That edge is just poor masking I think.

Oh.... and hello Zorgon. Always good to see some of the old posters getting more active.

edit on 11/11/2011 by Blaine91555 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 04:40 PM
link   

reply to post by nv4711

Ah, you just came here to laugh at all the silly stupid people? Good on you! Karma increase is on its way!. No doubt....

Hmmm.. maybe his picture is just of an innocent disformed child, that was ashamed and didn't want to be photographed and his pic all over the internet being called a freakin' space alien?.. Who's being mocked now?

Yeah.. Karma is a b*tch

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 04:49 PM
link   
reply to post by nv4711

Why can't you just be honest? Is it really that hard?

Repeat after me: I am a NASA shill and will do all their bidding.

There. Done and dusted, of all moondust too!

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 05:00 PM
link   

reply to post by nv4711

Why can't you just be honest? Is it really that hard?

Repeat after me: I am a NASA shill and will do all their bidding.

There. Done and dusted, of all moondust too!

I've tried and tried.. but I can't... if I do the MIBs come after my family and they send me to the secret Element 115 mines on Pluto.... and that's a sweatshop up there... nuh... rather keep my New World Order shill job with health and dental plan...

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 05:08 PM
link   
reply to post by nv4711

Aww, now you are just being silly! Did you have your shot this month?
Please, do just stop, my ribs can't take it any more, I am laughing that hard!
ETA: You asked your question and got your answer(s). What more do you need? Isn't it now time to report back to Houston?

edit on 11/11/11 by LightSpeedDriver because: ETA

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 05:15 PM
link   

reply to post by nv4711

Aww, now you are just being silly! Did you have your shot this month?
Please, do just stop, my ribs can't take it any more, I am laughing that hard!

Nuh.. I didn't... I heard that on 11-11-11 at 11.11 the pyramids are turning back into ... umm.. forgot... but something awesome (read it right here on ATS somewhere, so must be true, I thought).. but yeah.. didn't seem to happen....
..now I have to wait another month for my ration

At least admit that I got a point on the "alien behind rock was most prob a poor kid playing in the surf and this jerk is posting it all over the place without thinking twice" and we're friends... :-) ..

ETA: Nope.. still have to match the screennames to real names, but when that's done.. back to Texas.. Yeehaa..
edit on 11-11-2011 by nv4711 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555
Oh.... and hello Zorgon. Always good to see some of the old posters getting more active.

Who me? Nah I am on strike
No more mega threads until I can cash in those stars

Alright lets cut to the chase...

There is ONE BEEF that many of us have with NASA...

WHY will they not release the original footage with time date stamps on those NASA UFO films? Everyone is claiming NASA is hiding nothing... but had it not been for Martyn Stubbs who used a private satellite receiver to intercept NASA transmissions we WOULD NEVER HAVE SEEN THEM...

So every one of you NASA huggers out there... find me a NASA copy of the STS 75 and STS 80 film footage. When you can do that I will concede that maybe NASA is not hiding anything.

Now Jim Oberg has been asked this many times... and yet has never produced the goods, and he has more direct access than any of us...

So my challenge is FIND THOSE VIDEOS from NASA... until then, NASA = Need Another Space Agency
edit on 11-11-2011 by zorgon because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 08:12 PM
link   
My beef with NASA is the whole we have to keep it secret because the people couldn´t handle the truth. Who are they to decide what´s best for the whole world? The people have a right to know and that´s it. There is no real reason for the secrecy except the ridicilous race against other countries and to show off their new technology. I think it´s time that they come clean with everything before it´s to late. People all over the world are already pissed about the lies they were told and there comes a time when enough is enough. Maybe "they" should reveal themselfs without the permission of our so called worldleaders. # em and just do it already. Just decloak over every major city and show the world that we are not the center of the universe. I´m tired listening to all the bull# they tell people day after day.

I want to see the look on their faces when everything falls apart and people realise how the world really is. But we all know it´s all about the money and of course power. Take away those things and they are just a bunch of little kids who like to play with their expensive toys but don´t care about everyone else. Free energy? Nope. Disclosure? Nope. Technology who benefits the whole world? Nope. I tell you what they are scared #less because our alien friends are acting out already and they don´t know how to contain the situation anymore. The excuses getting more and more ridicilous and the people are aware that something is up.

You can´t hide the truth forever. Damn i would love to see Obamas face if a UFO or alien would show up during a live conference. Boom there you have it no more lies because everyone from now on will know that they lied to us and therefor would question everything what happend in the past.

It´s time for a major event that opens the eyes for every single person on the planet.

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 12:37 AM
link   
Like many wannabe astronauts that spent their childhood with the Apollo missions, Star Trek reruns, Star Wars movies, & space shuttles, & to coin a phrase from then, my beef with NASA is…“WHERE’S THE BEEF?”

I don’t think Hollywood could have written a more anti-climactic & tragic ending to years of trial & error & death & nationalism & maybe uniting the planet(?) than to have a bunch of glad-handing, backslapper fortunate few talk about brilliant exploits & disparage the rest of us for wanting our monies worth!

Are you freaking kidding me? “What’s your beef?” How about the Challenger? In the years since, our space program has been nothing but ‘secret’ lab projects & smoke screens. You mean to tell me that those brave people died & NASA honors their death with a few trips to the ISS & some R/C buggies on Mars—then yawns & says well, since corporate America has shown such integrity & altruism, we’re gonna leave the real space exploration-technology-interstellar stuff to them!

This total social disconnect & blatant lack of integrity is why so many of us are so willing to believe the hoax theories & doubt all of the crap that we held sacred. Seriously, space travel is the only mode of transportation that we haven't exploited--look at boats, trains, cars, & airplanes--there's few places on this planet we haven't gone, but ~1/2 a century since man left this planet, we haven't been anywhere! That's my beef & thanks for asking!

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 01:59 AM
link   
reply to post by nv4711

Then why ask why people would be against NASA? Because of that. Hell, we don't even know what's going on just outside our planet, like in orbit, yet any other neighboring planet. I opened my eyes that I'm receving information that can be just a programmed/scheduled information, coming from an agency that can serve it as they like. I find nothing wrong in being against NASA due to such secrets, they know what UFOs are, they are in cahoots with the gov and all these agencies USAF US Navy, Naval Intelligence whatever.

Of course there are paranoid people who believe in reptilians, yet not a single reptilian picture (im surprised there isn't a single photo/picture of a reptilian (even a fake one) while having at least elaborate Grey alien hoaxes). The rest is quite reasonable and people want ANSWERS.

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 02:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by OlafMiacov
Like many wannabe astronauts that spent their childhood with the Apollo missions, Star Trek reruns, Star Wars movies, & space shuttles, & to coin a phrase from then, my beef with NASA is…“WHERE’S THE BEEF?”

I don’t think Hollywood could have written a more anti-climactic & tragic ending to years of trial & error & death & nationalism & maybe uniting the planet(?) than to have a bunch of glad-handing, backslapper fortunate few talk about brilliant exploits & disparage the rest of us for wanting our monies worth!

Are you freaking kidding me? “What’s your beef?” How about the Challenger? In the years since, our space program has been nothing but ‘secret’ lab projects & smoke screens. You mean to tell me that those brave people died & NASA honors their death with a few trips to the ISS & some R/C buggies on Mars—then yawns & says well, since corporate America has shown such integrity & altruism, we’re gonna leave the real space exploration-technology-interstellar stuff to them!

This total social disconnect & blatant lack of integrity is why so many of us are so willing to believe the hoax theories & doubt all of the crap that we held sacred. Seriously, space travel is the only mode of transportation that we haven't exploited--look at boats, trains, cars, & airplanes--there's few places on this planet we haven't gone, but ~1/2 a century since man left this planet, we haven't been anywhere! That's my beef & thanks for asking!

You're Welcome!

From what I understand your mostly impatient and wonder how come there's no weekly flight to Betelgeuze after we have made it to the moon in a tin can propelled by a firecracker, 42 years ago? Hey scientists, what's taking so long with that nuclear fission propulsion system..?
I'm sure the folks at NASA would like that too, if only there weren't these pesky things like funding, politics, public support, spending a trillion in Iraq rather than on science and education and one or two laws of physics that make interstellar space flight really kinda hard.

Think about it - in the mid 1920s, Africa was mostly white space on the map, it took decades of exploration and discovery. Not to mention our oceans...what the heck is going on down there.. I mean down down.. nobody really knows...and that's right here on Earth...

And the "secret lab projects" funded by some corporation...well, they're secret because they pay for it and don't want their competition to get their hands on the goods... and you know the golden rule...the guy with the gold makes the rules... If we like it or not, without private funding and research projects and military side jobs, the space program might run out of funding very quickly... And don't confuse the interest in space exploration of the members here, with the interest of the public at large..because the "public" doesn't care.

Get me right - I'm with you and the seemingly slow progress can be frustrating....so thanks for chiming in!

(and once we figured out that anti gravity drive from the Roswell UFO, we're good to go :-))

edit on 12-11-2011 by nv4711 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join