It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What's Your Beef With NASA?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 03:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by nv4711
Call me dense but I still don't get the motive for making it hmm..let's say a potentially life shortening secret... unless Aliens roam the Earth... yeah..that might be a little mucho for the average person to accept or be able to live with....
I don't know. Maybe you have your answer there?
edit on 10/11/11 by Pimander because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 03:51 AM
link   

I'm supposed to believe that MIB was a documentary...except the Neuralizer is a 45 resp. a bad brake system in my car?

No your supposed to believe like Ignorant Ape here... just blindly accept everything they tell you and ask no questions. Frankly, it doesn't matter what you want to believe. What matters is what YOU are doing to find answers. No one here can convince you of anything.

But you asked in this thread for our Beef with NASA ... gave you that I did....
but I have always said NASA has three levels of info... L1 is the public frills, the pretty pictures (even if they want to convince you the moon is black and white) L2 the scientific papers that you have to work hard to get a copy of, and L3 the Top Secret stuff.

For me personally, NASA is a washup... even Obama cut their purse strings and said NO to returning to the moon (we told you so
) and no man to Mars for at least 25 years. So they are allowed to go visit an asteroid
But I will be long dead by the time they do any real space exploration...

So I will have to bug the NAVY some more to get any real stuff

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 03:54 AM
link   

So...what's your problem with NASA?

not only nasa, but i have a problem with all the active space agencies in general i.e. in regards to the unavailability of actual colour photos of the moon....

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 04:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon
(even if they want to convince you the moon is black and white)

+1

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 07:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by 1questioner
reply to post by nv4711

Ummm...let's see if I can think of one beef... Oh yeah, how about losing or destroying all the original video footage shot on the moon by the Apollo 11 astronauts.

Either NASA is lying about that (Which is what I suspect.), or they are the most incompetent government agency in the history of mankind!

It's no mystery to me why people distrust NASA.

There is a third possibility you should open your mind to.

Your mind is full of delusional, malicious fantasies.

First, the astronauts never shot 'video footage' on the Moon. They had one still camera, and a 16-mm cine camera set up in the LM window, running automatically -- whose images still exist and are fully available.

Second, no scenes from ANYWHERE are gone -- all televised video recorded during live transmission exists and is available.

SOME sequences of the live TV during the initial crew descent to the surface were recorded both at the receiving site in Australia, and then converted live to US TV format and rebroadcast there immediately -- and recorded, permanently and openly.

The original signal was recorded, and folks there recall it looked sharper than the converted images. THOSE recordings came up missing. But these are the same activities ALSO observed by the 16-mm cine camera, which showed them in even GREATER detail than either TV format.

The reality here differs greatly from common myths. Make this a 'teachanble moment' and dispel delusions that have polluted your mind.

None of this substracts from possible substantive criticisms of NASA.

Then, of course, there's THIS idiot:

Originally posted by Pimander
There are leaks and whistleblowers occasionally. Then there is a campaign to discredit the whistleblower or evidence. Then you all forget again.

Did you believe them when they claimed to "lose" the original Apollo 11 landing tapes? Would even an idiot do that? Would even an idiot believe they were "lost"? Not this idiot.

edit on 10-11-2011 by JimOberg because: add this idiot

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 08:10 AM
link   

reply to post by nv4711

Ummm...let's see if I can think of one beef... Oh yeah, how about losing or destroying all the original video footage shot on the moon by the Apollo 11 astronauts.

Either NASA is lying about that (Which is what I suspect.), or they are the most incompetent government agency in the history of mankind!

It's no mystery to me why people distrust NASA.

NASA didn't save a lot of stuff for future historians to look at. They were too busy in the early days to beat the Russians. Russia did the same thing. That is places like the Kansas Cosmosphere are rushing to get there hands on everything they can and restore and preserve history. They have any entire warehouse fulled of nothing but film and several warehouses of other artifacts either waiting to be restored or shown to the public again. NASA went to the Cosmosphere to go over the original plans of the Apollo program and the Apollo spacecraft they have on hand. The movie Apollo 13 spacecraft used came from the Cosmosphere. Museums from around the world send their collections there to be restored.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 08:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by mcrom901

So...what's your problem with NASA?

not only nasa, but i have a problem with all the active space agencies in general i.e. in regards to the unavailability of actual colour photos of the moon....

Here's an actual color photo of the Moon, taken by myself a couple of months ago. Happy?

Thought not.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 08:56 AM
link   
reply to post by DJW001

here's a retouched version by nasa for your reassuring satisfaction....

before..

after...

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 09:05 AM
link   
reply to post by mcrom901

here's a retouched version by nasa for your reassuring satisfaction....

Retouched? Or color corrected? And since you haven't linked to the sources for the two photographs, we have no idea at what point the color correction was done. In any event, this is a bit off topic. Your beef with NASA is that there are no color photos of the Moon, and yet you have color photos of the Moon from NASA. Please try to explain yourself.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by DJW001
Retouched? Or color corrected?

take your pick...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

The photo lab has provided us with a “cleaner” version of the photo that isn’t as yellow

And since you haven't linked to the sources for the two photographs, we have no idea at what point the color correction was done.

read above....

In any event, this is a bit off topic. Your beef with NASA is that there are no color photos of the Moon, and yet you have color photos of the Moon from NASA. Please try to explain yourself.

nasa should clarify that...

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 10:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Chamberf=6

That's just the way a lot of the conspiracy theorists here do it. Shout lie, do no research beyond youtube and their own imaginations, say that Jupiter is Niburu or something else ridiculous, then call you a sheeple or disinfo agent when you mention the dreaded words proof or science.

Indeed. My favorite thing about that is when they post JPL diagrams and NASA sourced information saying look! (insert harmless object here) is coming to kill us all and NASA is lying.

N ever
A
S traight
A nswer.

Yet they use NASA provided data on the one hand, while calling NASA liars on the other. It's lunacy. And then someone who knows a little on SOHO and other equipment (Phage) pipes in, with some facts and reason, and then the game starts. Phage is a shill, he works for NASA too.

It's it amazing? Joe blow "time traveller" from 2046 posts on a forum and it's legit and unquestioned as fact. NASA and thousands of astronomers, no, you can't trust them.

Obviously you can't trust NASA because they don't put enough youtube videos with stupid techno music out.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 10:54 AM
link   
reply to post by mcrom901

You're still not explaining things very clearly. If there was something wrong with NASA tidying up old scans, why would they freely admit to it? And as you can see if you review all the photographs taken from lunar orbit, the supposed color of the Moon varies with the relative angle of the Sun and surface to the viewer. You can see a similar effect with certain materials on Earth, labradorite, for example.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 11:14 AM
link   
reply to post by DJW001

it seems you didn't pay close attention to all the details mentioned in that last link... so i'll ask simply, what is the colour of the moon?

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 11:21 AM
link   

reply to post by nv4711

You get a star my friend for being fair-minded.

Look, we would all like to believe NASA was a pure science organization. However, by charter, they must answer to the Department of Defense. If you haven't read Richard Dolan's well-researched books, you should. He has the documentation to prove that since at least 1947 to the present day the Department of Defense has been actively involved with suppressing any evidence of extraterrestrial activity or intelligence. Even if NASA found such evidence in any of their missions, they would have to acquiesce to their master--the Department of Defense. So, unfortunately, they have never been and will never be a pure science organization.

And you get a star for brining what you said out. It is the NSA that pulls the strings, the DoD are the enforcers of the policies, and the CIA and other teams make certain no evidence ever turns up on the evening news. Even scientists are sworn to secrecy on any new discoveries.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon

I'm supposed to believe that MIB was a documentary...except the Neuralizer is a 45 resp. a bad brake system in my car?

No your supposed to believe like Ignorant Ape here... just blindly accept everything they tell you and ask no questions. Frankly, it doesn't matter what you want to believe. What matters is what YOU are doing to find answers. No one here can convince you of anything.

But you asked in this thread for our Beef with NASA ... gave you that I did....
but I have always said NASA has three levels of info... L1 is the public frills, the pretty pictures (even if they want to convince you the moon is black and white) L2 the scientific papers that you have to work hard to get a copy of, and L3 the Top Secret stuff.

Call me dense but I still don't get the motive for making it hmm..let's say a potentially life shortening secret... unless Aliens roam the Earth... yeah..that might be a little mucho for the average person to accept or be able to live with....

Originally posted by Pimander
I don't know. Maybe you have your answer there?

edit on 10/11/11 by Pimander because: (no reason given)

See... Reptilianoid Aliens on Earth...(as posted by Zorgon)... and on top of that they also got a cushy government job.... that's just absurd on so many levels. If that's why you believe NASA would be lying or what the alleged cover up is about, then I'm sorry to say but you live in LaLa Land.

What happens when the guy goes to the mess hall.. "The usual bowl of flies and a coke for you Sir?"... please...

Apparently, these aliens have no problem with any of the environmental conditions on Earth... they just get of their space ship and breath our oxygen, have no problem with the different gravitational forces, the atmospheric pressure and on and on...

Not surprised NASA is "denying" this....

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 11:45 AM
link   
My beef is that I cant play with their cool toys.
Sharing is caring and they are selfish with their multi-million dollar rockets

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by phishyblankwaters
reply to post by Chamberf=6

That's just the way a lot of the conspiracy theorists here do it. Shout lie, do no research beyond youtube and their own imaginations, say that Jupiter is Niburu or something else ridiculous, then call you a sheeple or disinfo agent when you mention the dreaded words proof or science.

Indeed. My favorite thing about that is when they post JPL diagrams and NASA sourced information saying look! (insert harmless object here) is coming to kill us all and NASA is lying.

N ever
A
S traight
A nswer.

Yet they use NASA provided data on the one hand, while calling NASA liars on the other. It's lunacy. And then someone who knows a little on SOHO and other equipment (Phage) pipes in, with some facts and reason, and then the game starts. Phage is a shill, he works for NASA too.

It's it amazing? Joe blow "time traveller" from 2046 posts on a forum and it's legit and unquestioned as fact. NASA and thousands of astronomers, no, you can't trust them.

Obviously you can't trust NASA because they don't put enough youtube videos with stupid techno music out.

Yes, it sure is amazing... Just look at the laughable "Mars Face Cover Up"... ridicolous it was to begin with and when the picture turned up showing a boring hill with no resemblance of an artificial structure, let alone a "Mars Sphinx"... did they say.. ok..we were wrong and NASA was right all along.. Nope.. then of course NASA destroyed the "Mars face" in a secret mission...

They complain about being lied to and that they want the truth... not realising that the only one lying to them is themselves and that they don't want to hear the truth....

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Got no beef with NASA but they do seem to hide a lot of information that the general population would like to know about. Hide, there have been various photos shared related to cosmic interest that seemed un no photo edited ect. So how can any expect any to be ok with this. Also the said they lost the ORIGINAL APOLLO11 FOOTAGE-

July 16, 2009
An exhaustive, three-year search for some tapes that contained the original footage of the Apollo 11 moonwalk has concluded that they were probably destroyed during a period when NASA was erasing old magnetic tapes and reusing them to record satellite data.

How are any supposed to take them serious when they can lose moon vid. knowing how sensitive it is to some on Earth. But its cool they can do what they want - AMAZING AS A CHILD I WANTED TO BE ONE OF THE ASTRONAUTS NASA SENDS UP BECAUSE I THOUGHT THERE IS NO BETTER POSITION IN LIFE THEN TO BE ABLE TO ACCESS SPACE.. As I matured tho I began to see its all about SECRETS so SECRETS it is.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by overratedpatriotism
My beef is that I cant play with their cool toys.
Sharing is caring and they are selfish with their multi-million dollar rockets

Hey.. I'm with you on that one.. haha.. :-)

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 11:56 AM
link   
Well the big trouble I have with Nasa.
Well first would be the Space Shuttle should have been launched more at Night then it was.

Suppose the other in Assuming one thing and Publishing it as fact when in the Long run they find it to be completely wrong. Like the water in Space is everywhere now thing but I`m not sure that is Nasa rather then a bunch of other overly assuming scientist.

I also don`t understand the reason we haven`t been back to the moon. All those craters we got on the moon has to be filled with the info we seem to be looking in other areas for.

And then there is the simple thing of shooting stars (supposedly the size of sand particles entering our atmosphere) They should have been dropping a hand full of sand up there to give us some gratification on the big bucks they spend on these missions we really know nothing about.

Or the fact they stole the moon rock from Granny. They also will steal the stuff that lands on your property is another. Sorry you lost it but it`s mine now.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join