It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What's Your Beef With NASA?

page: 19
<< 16  17  18   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 12:37 PM
link   
"What's Your Beef With NASA"?

They haven't paid my fee for fixing the International Space Station.

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 01:06 PM
link   
I would like to understand all the hate too. NASA is probably one of the best things that this country has going for it. One of the greatest interactive sites as well, to go and learn and see what they are learning as well. I might not understand many aspects of it but that's also part of the appeal.

Maybe it's just fear, some people fear what they dont understand.

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by pinobot

Originally posted by zorgon

That's funny, those aren't rocks on the picture.

It's not a picture, it's artwork for a meteorite fragment for sale, from a meteorite from the moon. You can buy them commercially, and they are legit.

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 06:54 PM
link   
My beef with NASA is that they tell the public what they are told to tell the public and nothing more.

This is NOT the same as telling the truth, telling all that they know, or telling the public what they deserve to hear.

The beef is "rare" because my tax dollars are going to pay the exorbitant salaries at NASA, many of whom are paid to be "spokesholes" for the public, yet we are still only spoon-fed tiny morsels of the truth we need, want, and paid for, and instead are inundated with dumpsters-full of "P.R." junk that is just filler and fluff.

We haven't gone past our own moon and the last time we did even that was over 40 years ago. Now the Russians run the show in near-earth orbit, and soon the Chinese will be manning and mining the moon, Mars, and the asteroids.

What's my beef? My beef is that there has been NO beef in forty years. The filet mignon "budget" has been in the billions every year and we barely experience a stale veggie-burger now and then.

Does that answer your question?

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by nv4711
Yes, it sure is amazing... Just look at the laughable "Mars Face Cover Up"... ridicolous it was to begin with and when the picture turned up showing a boring hill with no resemblance of an artificial structure, let alone a "Mars Sphinx"... did they say.. ok..we were wrong and NASA was right all along.. Nope.. then of course NASA destroyed the "Mars face" in a secret mission...

They complain about being lied to and that they want the truth... not realising that the only one lying to them is themselves and that they don't want to hear the truth....

Remember that is was NASA who called it a face first.

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by JimOberg

Originally posted by pinobot

Originally posted by zorgon

That's funny, those aren't rocks on the picture.

It's not a picture, it's artwork for a meteorite fragment for sale, from a meteorite from the moon. You can buy them commercially, and they are legit.

It's an actual picture, a can tell by the artifacts lying around.

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 08:39 PM
link   
Nasa arnt a real civilian space agency the are controlled by military. In that form of management the truth will always be filtered.

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 12:14 PM
link   
The most common beef around here is that NASA refuses to play along with the UFO buffs who try to impress their friends and family with bogus 'astronaut UFO cases' that have prosaic [if often unearthly] explanations. These folks don't want the 'truth', they want confirmations of their favorite self-serving fantasies, so people around them will stop snickering at the wild tales they insist are true, that supposedly prove they are so much smarter than everybody else who fail to accept them as 'true' [prudently and correctly, as it turns out].

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 09:58 AM
link   
reply to post by nv4711

I think Nasa is pretty cool in my opinion,leaving the conspiracies out of it,it would be cool if it could reinspire another generation of U.S kids.I would imagine the amount of data found out about space in the entire life of Nasa is priceless and can be studied for years to come.Not to mention all the cool films we got through the years as kids.

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 12:00 PM
link   
reply to post by JimOberg

It's really more than that... I am not sure what Neil Armstrong said, what the creator of Stealth fighters said, but everyone to be lying doesn't make sense. Since NASA is doing things with current technology, one has to assume it is specific individuals from NASA and very small groups that are playing games with this secrecy, while the majority of peopel from NASA have no idea what's going on.

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by ImpactoR

It's really more than that... I am not sure what Neil Armstrong said, what the creator of Stealth fighters said, but everyone to be lying doesn't make sense. Since NASA is doing things with current technology, one has to assume it is specific individuals from NASA and very small groups that are playing games with this secrecy, while the majority of peopel from NASA have no idea what's going on.

One does not HAVE to assume any such thing. You equally COULD assume that the people claiming those wild quotations are the ones who are lying, and when you check their track records, it does seem to be a pattern.

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by ImpactoR

It's really more than that... ... the majority of peopel from NASA have no idea what's going on.

Boy, is that the understatement of 2012 or what!?

top topics

<< 16  17  18   >>

join