It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What's Your Beef With NASA?

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 06:25 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

OR??

"NASA bashers"...::

And that is just how skeptics and NASA huggers do it..

Not buying it.....not at all............

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 06:29 PM
link   
Well the real "scandal" is that people rather believe the C2C show or Alex Jones or David Icke..then they are VERY non-critical and ready to swallow everything what is fed to them - but when it comes to NASA etc. they are critical and paranoid.

IF you are already critical and paranoid, you should apply that same standard to ALL sources, this *includes* conspiracy sites etc...otherwise you are a hypocrite or you simply believe one side because it's "hip".

Eg. "Oh, it's on a conspiracy site, so it must be true" or "well its coming from MSM...so it must be false".

But by doing so you already lost any ability to see things critical and you already formed a bias towards one side..so its more a religion than anything else.

edit on 6-2-2012 by flexy123 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 06:59 PM
link   
Investigation: 2 Astronauts Flew Drunk

ABC News Video

abcnews.go.com...

:shk:

No wonder they tried to hide the safety study

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 07:04 PM
link   

A majority of the members seem to have a major problem with NASA. From lies to cover ups and conspiracy accusations, NASA and its scientists, astronauts and administration are derided and called every name in the book. To me, it's the greatest government agency we have (sure as heck beats the IRS). People yell "liars" and "cover up", because they don't understand the underlying science, be it Physics, Astrobiology or any other of the plethora of scientific fields employed by the space agency - or because NASA doesn't readily confirm their delusions of daily visitors from the Pleiades - or both. All "NASA lies" or "NASA manipulated moon or other space photo/video" accusations are made out of pure ignorance and a total lack of understanding of science. I find it amazing how many ATS members seem to have an astounding background in theoretical physics, biology, chemistry and aeronautics... all I can say.. apply for a job, NASA wants you! So...what's your problem with NASA? Why do you think they're lying to the public and cover up their discoveries? You've got to help me out here, because I can't think of a single reason....
reply to post by nv4711

Interesting thread and a provocative question, "what is my beef with NASA?"

Well lets see. My main beef with NASA is that it has a lot of brilliant scientists working there; brilliant enough that if given even half of the 520 billion dollars that the US gives to the DOD, we would probably already have multitudes of space stations, large frigate type spaceships and shuttles and multiple colonies on both the moon and mars, but instead of fighting for more funding and fighting to lead humanity into a new age where we use our technology to get off the planet, utilize the resources of our solar system and help the people, they are content to set their projects and ideas on the back burner, let the government keep us shackled to the earth and wage war on a great deal of humanity. They may have brilliant minds, but they are content to take the paltry 16 billion they receive from the US government and do busy work;ie useless projects with no real long term value for humanity. And, if they are content to do that then, I wouldn't doubt they would also lie to the people if the government told them to. I mean they are already sacrificing their ideas and ideals, due to lack of funding.

BTW... You know what the real scandal is? That the Jack Webb telescope may be scrapped because Congress doesn't want to cough up the dough... This baby is our best chance of finding habitable planets within 10-20 parsecs.. and is one cool piece of space gear... so, if you want to find ET, write your congress man!.. Check it out here: Jack Webb Telescope....

As, far as this telescope you mention, I think it actually illustrates my point about busy work. What good does it do us to find habitable planets in other solar systems, when humanity hasn't even moved off the earth and begun to utilize the resources of our own solar system, let alone developed the highly advanced propulsion systems to take us to other star systems. We need to learn to crawl, before we walk, let alone run a marathon, which going to another solar system would be.

Anyway, that is my beef.

edit on 6-2-2012 by prisoneronashipoffools because: typos

edit on 6-2-2012 by prisoneronashipoffools because: typo

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 07:20 PM
link   
Its the up front arrogant way they think they have no right to tell us anything.Then trickle revelations out that we all realised years ago anyway.

Water on Mars and atmosphere for starters...
edit on 6-2-2012 by paperface because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 08:27 PM
link   
For all Jim Oberg fans you gotta see Jim's answer on the drunk astronaut situation...

Jim Oberg at his finest

edit on 6-2-2012 by zorgon because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 08:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProudBird

OR??

"NASA bashers"...::

Hey there.... long time no see...

...you claim to be a pilot, right? Can you give us some inside poop on those reports of pilots flying under the influence that NASA has been covering up? I hear from another pilot that the problem was quite wide spread, though most of the pilots didn't think it was a problem...

Would love to have your input on that

NASA bashers vs NASA huggers
I claim the movie rights...

But seriously... its time they go and get some real organizers in there. with all the scientific minds they control we should be vacationing on Mars by now is style.

Do we really need NASA admin making behind the scenes deals with CHINA, spending money maintaining a field office in JAPAN so they can keep an eye on them?

Lets get those guys outta there so that America can get with it and be the dominant force in Space.. and not have to beg Russia to carry our weight, then whine when they have issues of their own due to funding

Call me a NASA basher all you like... but they have sold out

I suppose this means I won't be getting funding for them for my site though huh?

edit on 6-2-2012 by zorgon because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 08:41 PM
link   
That it doesn't exist anymore.......

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 01:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon
For all Jim Oberg fans you gotta see Jim's answer on the drunk astronaut situation...

Jim Oberg at his finest

There we have a first rate journalist questioning a PR mouthpiece. Journalistic integrity involves dealing with the facts and I think Jim was trying to avoid them on this clip. What happens when what you can discuss is issued to you in a briefing is that intelligent to the point questions get difficult to answer.

Well done Jim.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProudBird
Not buying it.....not at all............

This just in...
Official Statement from NASA on the Moon Hoax...

edit on 16-2-2012 by zorgon because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 02:59 PM
link   
My beef with NASA is that 1999 is thirteen years in the past and still we have no Moonbase Alpha.

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 03:42 AM
link   
My guess is NASA will have no research paper to submit to this July 2012 conference:

"Superluminal Physics & Instantaneous Physics - as new trends in research (electronic conference)"
www.zpenergy.com...

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 04:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by nv4711

All "NASA lies" or "NASA manipulated moon or other space photo/video" accusations are made out of pure ignorance and a total lack of understanding of science.

So then, we are to accept as fact that all the astronauts and NASA employees who have come forward and gone public with statements, testimony, and picture and video evidence to the contrary are made out of pure ignorance and a total lack of understanding of science... even though they have PhDs in various fields of scientific studies???

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 04:18 AM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

That pic sums up NASA/CIA perfectly.

Was Dr. Lovelace of the Lovelace clinic a CIA agent? Yes he was.
Was Dick Underwood, the first person to look at all the Apollo pictures, was he a CIA agent? Yes he was.
Was Farouk El-Baz, the Egyptian geologist, hired at Bellcomm by Richard Nixon's brother? Yes he was.
Was the Apollo program built on the work of German Nazi's brought to the USA by CIA agents? Yes, it was.
Did all the Apollo lunar landings take place under Richard Nixon's first term? Yes, they did.
Was Richard Nixon a criminal? No, he was not (according to his own admission).

Does the CIA lie, cheat, steal, deal in drugs, deal in weapons, kill foreign dictators, support dictators, support terrorists and run illegal '___' drug experiments? Yet, it does.

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 04:31 AM
link   
reply to post by nv4711

I think that NASA is being threatened to just keep quite about what they really see..

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 05:47 AM
link   
reply to post by nv4711

People yell "liars" and "cover up", because they don't understand the underlying science, be it Physics, Astrobiology or any other of the plethora of scientific fields employed by the space agency

First, I have to say it. Astrobiology is the only research field with precisely no subject material to study.

To your main point, I have to agree. I find it a bit alarming that so many people on this website dislike the one governmental agency that's actively exploring the universe. There's an eerie parallel to how UFO researchers react towards SETI. Here again we have an organization that wants nothing more to find another species out in the vastness of space to talk with. Yet the same people who advocate alien-life is visiting Earth deride and poopoo Seth Shostak and the rest of the lot just because they don't accept the evidence of UFOs being alien spacecrafts.

If anything people should ask the question, "If the information isn't good enough for SETI, *why* isn't it good enough?" That might start to clue them in and help them to understand the type of data that's needed if they ever hope to be taken seriously. Instead, though, many of these researchers do the same thing over and over again. They go about collecting more and more witness testimony, and then wonder why no one in the scientific community cares. Human testimony isn't worthless nor is it unimportant, but it's also something that can be suspect and open to interpretation. How are we to know the person wasn't just misidentifying a military craft and labeling it an alien vehicle? How are we to know it's even a vehicle?

The day the UFO community figures out how to get along with NASA and SETI is the day ufology stops digging its own grave.
edit on 26-2-2012 by FooScience because: spelling

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 04:32 PM
link   
reply to post by FooScience

Did you not pay attention to your own movie, Ellie?

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 03:57 PM
link   
As not being an American my beef is more with ESA then with NASA but those space agencies are all the same bull.
They much know more than they say, they even show it to you and laught behind your back because of your ignorance. You can look at most Apollo photographs and point out anomalous objects but they will never talk about it. Everything is always a rock or a crater. There is only one reason to go to space and that is to get technology.

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Nasa/JPL has been lying to us all along. They are part of the cover up. The cat box photo should have proved that to you. Did you just think that was incompetence on their part.

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon

That's funny, those aren't rocks on the picture.

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19 >>

join