It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What's Your Beef With NASA?

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 05:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Anunaki10

I never twist your words. Oh yes, you falsely claim that NASA never cover up anything, and you falsely claim that i mentioned something about believe system when i never did, so yes you're lying 'DJW001'. So i'm gonna ask you again, do you lie intentionally, 'DJW001'?

Where did I ever say "NASA never cover up anything?"

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 06:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by DJW001

On page 16 you said "To summarize your beef with NASA, you are so convinced that space is teeming with aliens that the fact that NASA has never provided any confirmation of your belief must necessarily be due to a cover up, because you are incapable of even considering the possibility that you are simply wrong", and that means you falsesly claim that i mentioned about belief system when i NEVER did, so yes, that means YOU LIED. You also falsely claim that NASA never provided any confirmation necessarily due to a cover up, when i proved time and time again that does NASA Cover Up, so that means YOU LIED.

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 06:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by nv4711
DJW001.... It's pointless... It's like arguing with a pathologically jealous partner " you're cheating on me.."....

So you accuse 'DJW001' for being jealous? Yeah, who knows, maybe 'DJW001' is jealous...

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 02:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Arbitrageur
(Discussing the lack of SOFIA images)

I wasn't thinking alien invasion ships, but hey, ya never know! I was thinking more along the lines that they can see so much more stuff in IR that our present understanding of what's out there and how far away it is might be challenged. Anyway, it all just seems odd to me

I finally found 1 image from SOFIA, in a comparison of IR instrument capabilities.

The SOFIA scope has quite a narrow field of view. Just imagine what a full sky view would be like. I think the heavens would be one solid mass of stars. Or can these objects all be stars?

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by DJW001

So if the cover up things SOMETIMES....

... then in that case NASA could easily be covering up UFO's Plasma Lifeforms and Aliens... and you would never know.

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Arbitrageur
The rest of us aren't allowed to print money, but the government can.
So that's my best guess, they found it coming out of a printing press.

Well if that is true....

WHY can't they print a few extra billion for NASA?
WHY do they not allow NASA to raise funds like the Russians do i.e. advertising, rich tourists, private payloads like Bigelow's Genesis modules?
WHY can't NASA sell us space souvenirs? The private groups that get their hands on stuff make a fortune. Why can't NASA just sell off some old bits and pieces? I mean the Russians sold me a tile of one of the Buran's... seems they have the right attitude and in Russia scrap dealers are allowed to salvage fallen space debris... but here NASA sends you to prison
WHY did NASA make it illegal to own a piece of moon rock? Nixon gave pieces away free... NASA could have sold a few bits to some reputable institutes.

The whole thing is a farce... At least they still let me own pieces of Lunar and Martian meteorites... well at least they claim those actually broke off the moon and Mars and landed on Earth

I say let the military have all that printed moola... at least the NAVY is actively working in space.... perhaps in a few years when the old stuff gets declassified, like Astrospies finally was, we will see just where the space fleet is parked

edit on 5-12-2011 by zorgon because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 09:13 PM
link   

ODERACS Deployment, 9 February 1994

The Orbital DEbris RAdar Calibration Spheres

So NASA's answer to managing space debris is to deploy more space debris

And at the same time create hundreds of future NASA UFO sightingd

They also make dangerous space rocks every time they fire their solid fuel rockets

Full size here

COSMIC LITTERBUGS I say

edit on 5-12-2011 by zorgon because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 02:21 PM
link   
NASA strikes again...

NASA Has Lost Hundreds of Its Moon Rocks, New Report Says
www.abovetopsecret.com...

NASA wants grandma's moonrock
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 02:38 PM
link   
In relation to your thread title?
How is it that so much has been spent with so little shared with the population of earth, thats my beef.

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 09:40 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Fake Dutch 'moon rock' revealed

The piece of 'rock' supposedly brought back from the moon, seen in the Rijksmuseum, Amsterdam, 27 August 2009 The lump of 'moon rock' had been on display for decades A treasured piece at the Dutch national museum - a supposed moon rock from the first manned lunar landing - is nothing more than petrified wood, curators say.
Source: news.bbc.co.uk...

Tut, tut! Everything is not as it seems!

Former U.S. ambassador, Mr Middendorf was unable to recall the exact details of how the rock came to be in the U.S. State Department's possession. It is known that NASA gave lunar rocks to over 100 countries in the 1970s, but when the rock was displayed in 2006 a space expert told the museum he doubted any material would have been given away so soon after the manned lunar landing.

Researchers from the Free University of Amsterdam immediately doubted the rock was from the moon, and began extensive testing. The tests concluded the rock was petrified wood. U.S. embassy officials were unable to explain the findings, but are investigating.
Source: www.physorg.com...

Maybe they should ask NASA what's going on? You never know they might get a straight answer cos we sure as hell won't.

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 10:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lee78
In relation to your thread title?
How is it that so much has been spent with so little shared with the population of earth, thats my beef.

It is for this reason that Taxpayers must remain Sheeple... otherwise they would make demands about how there money is spent

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 10:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pimander
Maybe they should ask NASA what's going on? You never know they might get a straight answer cos we sure as hell won't.

Yeah about that... NASA tells us its illegal to own moon rocks... Okay I will grant that the ones they brought back they MIGHT have a claim to, albeit WE paid for the collection trip

But how can they make a law against ownership, when according to treaty NO ONE has any claims to the Moon?

On top of that they claim many rocks launched themselves into orbit, reached escape velocity, inserted themselves into a Mars-Earth trajectory and fell to Earth as meteorite. They say then can identify these meteorites as having come from Mars or the Moon... (well not quite 100% just a 'best guess')

But those you can buy all over the internet ... this little piece runs at $45.00... I got a few at a good deal a while back

You will notice the NWA-4881 If you go to LPI you can get a document on that meteorite. NWA is Northwest Africa. The locals find these bits in the desert near certified meteorite strikes. NWA-4881 has been certified by NASA as being from the moon. Now who certifies the little pieces are ACTUALLY from that meteorite? Well you sort of have to take the word of the meteorite dealer

I have lots of meteorites, some I bought some I found. Most are easy and obvious to tell by weight and burn/melt markings... but the Martian and Lunar meteorite chips are just bits of rock

I got a few for the wall... just in case and they look cool... but it would cost a lot of money to have them verified

Better add this...

Meteorite Hunting In The USA

There is a debate going on in the USA right now over whether or not it’s ok to hunt meteorites on federal land anymore. Though this is not new information, it seems the increased popularity of meteorites through greater publicity and most probably a greater number of inquiries to the BLM (BUREAU OF LAND MANAGEMENT) about meteorite hunting by potential new meteorite hunters, the BLM have recently posted a policy on their website which states that meteorites are illegal to collect on federal land. www.blm.gov... The current interpretation of the law excludes the public and alienates professionals who’ve been hunting and providing meteorites to both the private collectors and public institutions and museums for decades.

www.meteoritesusa.com...

Meteorites

In the United States, meteorites are the property of the person upon whose land they are found. If a meteorite is found on Federal lands, meteorites are not a locatable mineral as defined by the 1872 Mining Law. Instead, under the provisions of the 1906 Antiquities Act, meteorites found on Federally administered lands belong to the Smithsonian Institution [People of the State of California vs Giles W. Mead etal (618 F.2d 618)]. The collection of rocks and minerals within National Parks is generally prohibited.

www.blm.gov...

The law of ownership and control of meteorites
adsabs.harvard.edu...

You can however buy some form Meteor Crater in Arizona

www.meteorcrater.com...
edit on 11-12-2011 by zorgon because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 04:55 AM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Like you, I don't see how anyone can claim ownership of Lunar, Martian or rock from any other world. It's absolute madness.

It is hard to back NASA when I just don't believe all of what they claim. They seem to be far too efficient at losing material that may be evidence that they have lied.

Perhaps the petrified wood in the Dutch sample gift really was from the Moon?

edit on 12/12/11 by Pimander because: typo

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 04:16 AM
link   
reply to post by DJW001

hey DJW001...

NASA is having trouble getting funding... so shouldn't we ALL have a MAJOR BEEF when NASA is giving away that money to a Religious Organization?

NASA Funds WJU Center to Develop Astronomy, Earth Science Courses

The grant is one of nine proposals NASA is funding for a total of $11.5 million over two years, the space agency announced this week. The selected proposals illustrate innovative approaches to using NASA-themed content in support of secondary-level teaching and learning, with a particular emphasis on high school education.

Wheeling Jesuit University
www.wju.edu...

and that is just one grant

www.wju.edu...

Wheeling Jesuit University is also the home of NTTC (National Technology Transfer Center) the organization that decides which companies get the offshoot tech from NASA

National Technology Transfer Center, Wheeling Jesuit University
www.nttc.edu...

Now how does an arm of the Jesuits have such a tie in with a publicly funded agency?

I call that a Beef

Big time

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 04:33 AM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

seems hoagland and bara missed that one. so instead of a trinity of interests at nasa, its' looking more like a party.
f

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 11:12 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

And I thought the Jesuits were just a bunch of Marxists with serious issues. Surely you don't have beef about them influencing the end result of the billions invested in NASA. Are you mad, how can that be suspect?

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pimander

I would agree that it is obvious that if UFOs are coming to Earth, then NASA must know about it and then they would lie plus a lot of the work done there would just be a front for ..well..whatever.

No, NORAD would know that. You have to ask the right questions or you will never get the picture.

Yeah..ok NORAD.. so... NASA has no clue what's going on in space?...
Close.

It is JSpOC (The Joint Space Operations Center, a cell operated by NORAD at Vandenberg AFB) who have a "clue what's going on in space".

JSpOC Space Data

The JSpOC's Space Situational Awareness (SSA) Operations Cell maintains space data for all Earth orbiting man-made objects. JSpOC unclassified space data is available for authorized US government, and US government support contractors. In order to access the JSpOC Site Data files, you MUST have a valid USSTRATCOM Form-1 and GCSS-AF Form 41 on file with the JFCC SPACE/J95 office (links provided above).
SOURCE: www.vandenberg.af.mil... (Emphasis Pimander's)

If NASA know what is going on in space, how come they have to ask NORAD? They don't do that, surely? Well yes, they do...

One important protection mission the JSPOC conducts on a regular basis is collision avoidance analysis for the Space Shuttle and the International Space Station (ISS).

The JSPOC constructs a theoretical box around a high interest object, e.g. the Space Shuttle and projects the flight path of the Space Shuttle 36 to 72 hours. If any of the catalogued objects intersects this theoretical box, the JSPOC will forward the analysis to the NASA. NASA will make the determination whether to change the flight path of the shuttle. Since the inception of this mission in 1981, NASA has moved the Space Shuttle 12 times and the ISS 6 times based on the JSPOC’s analysis.
SOURCE: www.norad.mil...

So if JSpOC track known man-made objects then NORAD also have access to data on any other objects (USOs) entering Earth orbit and then Earth's atmosphere. NASA do not which is why JSpOC provide them with the data.
edit on 20/12/11 by Pimander because: typo

edit on 20/12/11 by Pimander because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Byrd
Sibrel has been "stalking" the astronauts for decades, trying all sorts of tactics to get them to "confess." He's sort of a one-man paparazzi, and in the case where he was "punched out" on tape, it's obvious that he went with the intent to provoke fisticuffs so he could then claim they were covering up things.

His tapes are always heavily edited and you don't see any unedited footage from him of encounters.

Sounds like he got his tips on editing from NASA.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 06:05 PM
link   
ExoMars cooperation between Nasa and Esa near collapse

So NASA is short of funds? ;wow:

Maybe if NASA would stop spending MILLIONS on funding a Religious Institution like Wheeling Jesuit University they might have better luck keeping their commitments to ESA and our own space program

Funny how the National Technology Transfer Center, the agency responsible for deciding which companies get the spin off tech from NASA is also at Wheeling Jesuit University
©2011 National Technology Transfer Center, Wheeling Jesuit University

The grant is one of nine proposals NASA is funding for a total of $11.5 million over two years, the space agency announced this week.

www.wju.edu...

That is merely ONE grant... there are many. Just search NASA funds millions at WJU in fact here is a Link to the Search

This should make every American tax payer and every NASA hugger out there FLAMING MAD, but by the lack of response to this thread I see ATS is no longer the forefront of such issues

Maybe no one cares... even when the Office of Inspector General (OIG) found them guilty of wrong doing with those funds. Seems the Inspector General at least noticed...

The Office of Inspector General (OIG) conducted a review of NASAs oversight of grants and cooperative agreements with Wheeling Jesuit University (WJU) in West Virginia. Our objectives were to determine whether NASA adequately reviewed WJU’s cost proposals for grants and cooperative agreements and to determine whether the cost proposals complied with NASA and Federal policy regulations. We reviewed five grants and cooperative agreements (both called agreements in this memo) between WJU and NASA that were active or not closed1 as of October 8, 2008. (See Enclosure 1 for details for our scope and methodology.)

PDF - Final Memorandum on Review of Wheeling Jesuit University Cost Proposals (Report No. IG-09-020-Redacted; Assignment No. S-09-002-00)

We found that NASA inappropriately approved, obligated, and partially expended more than $4 million of facility and administrative (F&A) costs because NASA grant officers in charge of the WJU agreements did not adequately review WJUs cost proposals. Specifically, the grant officers failed to note that WJU had included F&A costs as direct costs in its cost proposals to NASA. During our interviews with NASA grant officers assigned to review the WJU agreements, they stated that they were not sufficiently familiar with the definitions and allocation of direct and F&A costs to adequately exercise due diligence to ensure proposal costs were allowable, allocable, and reasonable under the Office of Management and Budget (OMB) Circular A-21, “Cost Principles for Educational Institutions” (Revised August 8, 2000) (Circular A-21).

A Government agency... supposedly publicly funded (yeah right) sending funding of millions of dollars to a Religious Institution then screaming they are strapped for cash? And they are still operating WHY?

NASA = Need Another Space Agency

Or as Robert Bigelow put it when NASA told him NO to launching his private space station...

Robert Bigelow went to NASA to have them launch his Genesis Modules... for his "Hotel in Space" private inflatable space station...

NASA told him NO... and when he went to Russia... NASA was pissed at him. His solution? Buy a partnership in a RUSSIAN unused space launch site along with a leading defense contractor. More American money going to help Russia's space program.

Robert says... NASA = No Access to Space for Americans

Q: Why do you think NASA has been reluctant to allow tourists in space, like Dennis Tito, for example?

Robert: "Well, it’s the mentality that “we own space.” NASA stands for “No Access to Space for Americans” — that’s what it stands for to me and to most Americans. NASA has exclusive control and a lock on everything having to do with space, except for the Russian side. And they were just beyond belief in being rude and obnoxious [in response to Dennis Tito's trip]. It was just embarrassing to this country."

My own private space station
Robert Bigelow has his funding priorities straight: Orbiting cruise ships and paranormal research.

Time to shut NASA down and let the Private companies and the Military get the job done right

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chamberf=6
That's just the way a lot of the conspiracy theorists here do it.
Shout lie, do no research beyond youtube and their own imaginations,

And that is just how skeptics and NASA huggers do it..
Ignore all real research and hard facts against NASA and brush it off

Works both ways eh?

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19 >>

join