It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What's Your Beef With NASA?

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 04:54 AM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

So WHY was the chief scientist of NASA showing those false images at a NASA symposium along with that joke of aliens holding up a photo to the rover?

Because they couldn't find a real image showing something as extraordinary as a fossil on Mars.

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 04:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by DJW001
I never said that professional wrestling does not exist. That is your interpretation, a product of your imagination. What I distinctly said is that professional wrestling is not really a sport. They do the same choreographed fight over and over again as they travel the circuit. It is like a play. It's make believe.

You claim that wrestling is not real, and then i corrected you, wrestling is real, that sport does exist, it's entertaining, yes, but that sport still does exist and it's still a real sport. The choreographed fight is part of the rules in that sport, they use real tricks and power to try to defeat their opponent, yes, and it's entertaining, yes.

Who do you think everyone here believes is ten years old?

So you are ten years old, you say? Yeah, i guessed '001' stands for the year you was born, that was my guess, yes. Did i guess right?

You claim that X-15 pilots makes no mention of UFOs, but you can see for example from this www.abovetopsecret.com... thread that informations show that X-15 pilots did mention UFOs
edit on 2-12-2011 by Anunaki10 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 05:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Anunaki10

You claim that X-15 pilots makes no mention of UFOs, but you can see for example from this www.abovetopsecret.com... thread that informations show that X-15 pilots did mention UFOs

Where did I claim that X-15 pilots make no mention of UFOs? Please link to that post or admit that you are making things up again. Use the search function if necessary. I have never, ever, claimed that X-15 pilots make no mention of UFOs. In fact, on other threads I have discussed X-15 UFO sightings. Just because I think they can be explained by ice or U-2 sightings does not mean I claim they never reported a UFO.

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 05:03 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 05:20 AM
link   

Where did I claim that X-15 pilots make no mention of UFOs? Please link to that post or admit that you are making things up again. Use the search function if necessary. I have never, ever, claimed that X-15 pilots make no mention of UFOs. In fact, on other threads I have discussed X-15 UFO sightings. Just because I think they can be explained by ice or U-2 sightings does not mean I claim they never reported a UFO.

I never made up things, i present stuffs from the real world

Have you already forgotten what you post? Go back to page 12 www.abovetopsecret.com... were YOU said:

Although the paper submitted by the X-15 pilots makes no mention of UFOs, it is at least possible that, during a question and answer period, Walker may have made such a statement.

From this www.abovetopsecret.com... thread www.scribd.com... MUFON UFO Journal, No. 259, November 1989 (Page 6 - 7)

During a design altitude flight on April 30, 1962, two disk-shaped objects overlook the X-15 at an altitude of approximately 200,000 feet, while at a speed of approximately 3,400 mph. The X-15 had been launched from the vicinity of Mud Lake, Nevada, with Joseph A. Walker, NASA, at the controls. At the time of the sighting he was climbing at a pitch angle of approximately 30 degrees.

Walker sighted the two aircrafts passing overhead and reported to the NASA FRC Control Room at Edwards, >>Two UFOs just passed overhead!

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 05:40 AM
link   

I never made up things, i present stuffs from the real world

Like professional wrestling.

Have you already forgotten what you post? Go back to page 12 www.abovetopsecret.com... were YOU said:

Although the paper submitted by the X-15 pilots makes no mention of UFOs, it is at least possible that, during a question and answer period, Walker may have made such a statement.

Read what I said: "Although the paper submitted by the X-15 pilots makes no mention of UFOs...." Did you read the paper? Did you see any mention of UFOs in the paper? Do you understand the difference between the statements "although the paper submitted by the X-15 pilots makes no mention of UFOs," which is a specific case, the contents of the paper, and "X-15 pilots make no mention of UFOs," which is a generalization?

Incidentally, if you read the paper, would you consider the event a conference or a symposium? Explain.

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Like professional wrestling.

Like i said, you claim that wrestling is not real, and i corrected you on that by showing to you that wrestling does exist and is a real sport, Hulk Hogan participated in the Rocky III movie, yes, but he still is a real wrestler who participate in real wrestling matches.

Read what I said: "Although the paper submitted by the X-15 pilots makes no mention of UFOs...." Did you read the paper? Did you see any mention of UFOs in the paper?

Now at last you admit you said that. Gotcha... And now read what the papers says www.scribd.com... MUFON UFO Journal, No. 259, November 1989 (Page 6 - 7)

During a design altitude flight on April 30, 1962, two disk-shaped objects overlook the X-15 at an altitude of approximately 200,000 feet, while at a speed of approximately 3,400 mph. The X-15 had been launched from the vicinity of Mud Lake, Nevada, with Joseph A. Walker, NASA, at the controls. At the time of the sighting he was climbing at a pitch angle of approximately 30 degrees.

Walker sighted the two aircrafts passing overhead and reported to the NASA FRC Control Room at Edwards, >>Two UFOs just passed overhead!God, what is that out there?... What is that???... But this is unbelievable!Whats there? Mission Control calling Apollo 11...>These "Babies" are huge, Sir! Enormous! OH MY GOD! You wouldn't believe it! I'm telling you there are other spacecraft out there, Lined up on the far side of the crater edge! They're on the Moon watching us!

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Please tell me that English is not your native language. That might excuse a lot.

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 02:43 AM
link   

Please tell me that English is not your native language. That might excuse a lot.

You don't know if English is my first language or not. English as my first language or not, it wouldn't change the way of my postings.
You said "given that in 1961 UFOs were still considered to be an actual security risk", yes you said that, and that could be one of the reasons why the UFO sightings by X-15 pilots were not mentioned in the papers you provided. Then it's good that other sources mention their UFO sightings.
edit on 3-12-2011 by Anunaki10 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 02:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Anunaki10

You don't know if English is my first language or not. English as my first language or not, it wouldn't change the way of my postings.
I tell you what, while your provided papers might not show any UFO sightings "submitted by the X-15 pilots" as you say, the UFO sightings "submitted by the X-15" obviously are mentioned in other sources.

One X-15 UFO story source you cite is a video. Please provide a link to it.

Or is that 'source' as imaginary as so many others of yours?

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 04:23 AM
link   

Evaluating the two stories, it is easy to track one of them down and determine that it contains at least a grain of truth. The other is a bare faced assertion with absolutely no corroboration whatsoever; indeed, it seems to be intentionally vague to make fact checking impossible. You're welcome to believe it, but it is entirely a belief based on faith. It is at this point that someone usually offers to sell you a bridge.

I depends on what doesn't corroborate, you need to be more specific.

So long as we're still on the subject of the X-15 and UFOs, you do realize that Walker's description in "Life Magazine" describes the object as being like a sheet of paper. Those must be some awfully short alien pilots. In retrospect, now that we have more experience in spacefaring, it is perfectly obvious that the mysterious white sheet is the frozen water condensation from the belly of the plane, caused by the extreme cold of the LOX tanks. As the spaceplane neared the apogee of its parabolic arc, the ice may have broken free and traveled parallel to the craft. Since an ice sheet has a larger surface area in relation to its mass, it would have had more air resistance than the streamlined plane, and been slowed more by the rarefied atmosphere at that altitude. This is consistent with the fact that in the photographs, the "objects" are falling away behind the craft. But you probably knew I was going to say that, didn't you?

If you follow this www.abovetopsecret.com... thread, you might get at least some of your answers there, but i will see what i can do to answer to what you say right there. I doubt the pilot would describe the UFOs being like a sheet of paper or frozen water. The X-15 pilot would of course report it as sheet of paper or frozen water, IF it really was he saw, but i doubt that version. It's possible that NASA could have put that verison on, in order to discredit these pilots. This source explain "Punishment" for service men / former service men / other witnesses who don't keep their mouths shut, that part of these "Punishments" is to discredit these individuals. And informations show that Colonel Charles Senn ordered NASA to stop re-opening of the UFO investigations. So i guess there are good reasons to doubt NASA's official explanations of UFOs. Look at for example astronaut James McDivitt who said that the "UFO picture" put on by NASA was not what he saw when he was in space. The video footages of these X-15 flights show no Ice Flake breaking off, all the way from take off from the B-52's, but reportedly there were film footage of some spinning metallic disc shaped objects not far away from the X-15, a source mention that Youtube posting is out of the question as the previous test post proved Google people are CENSORING the topic.
The fact is that during the rocket boost phase, the heating and expansion of the fuselage structure was so great that the pilot could hear the skin buckling. Joe Walker stated, >>The airplane crackled like a hot stove!

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 05:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by JimOberg
One X-15 UFO story source you cite is a video. Please provide a link to it.

As this source says

We have the 3.5 sec VHS tape of Joseph Walker's X-15 Plane Aft Camera video footage of two disc shaped AKA UFOs flying by Joseph Walker's X-15 Plane.

The tape was received from a women in Denver Colorado May 2009. She claims to be the daughter of a TV producer in Los Angeles who, during 1980, assisted in producing a TV program that AIRED on KTLA Channel 5 Titled 'UFOs'. At the end of this program was video play of these two disc shaped objects approximately 100 yards from the X-15 Plane. Very close up images of the fly by with earth atmosphere background. The two disc shaped objects appeared to be SPINNING and banking down toward lower atmosphere and away from the X-15 Plane. Color was METALLIC. Sun reflections were noticeable and in plane sight. The footage lasted 3.5 sec on edit board. Entry from left screen to right downward and fade to black by original editing producer. The fly by was shown four times, twice in slow motion for viewers.

We were asked to digitize this footage for a fee. Currently, this tape has been put into three media file forms and copied onto several flash drives. All media forms of this footage is privately owned by this women. We have copies under strict agreement not to distribute until the time is right.

The first Youtube video clip addressing his X-15 UFO incident was posted by us in 2009. Two frames flashed our website www.X15ufo.xxx with the time code posted in title line. Something interesting here with viewer stats. In one day, 300 approx view spiked to 1600 views most from Africa?

Since then our video posting has been DELETED! Two other Youtubers have posted video and as well as History Channel. In those video clips the footage is ABSENT!

We contact three sources for distribution to public advisement. Mr. Stanton T. Friedman, Colorado HQ M.U.F.O.N. Co-Founder John Schuessler, and S.E.T.I. .org website. Only Mr Friedman responded inquiring about distribution. Our reply is the same today, the owner of the footage and DV media has intentions to sell the property rights.

We are posting this blog to see if anyone else has seen this program in Los Angeles. If so, please contact us at x15ufo.net after Feb 15th 2011.

We are the media crew posting openly to online forums to others who may wish to add more information to this project.

Those disc shaped objects could have been man made (we don't know that) using different technology. They were only two and they were not illuminated in any way. We don't know why they were spinning. From the footage, visual was CLEAR and you could see the DETAILS on the objects. Size approximate 40-60 ft. in length. 20-30 ft. height.

A Youtube posting is out of the question as the previous test post proved Google people are CENSORING the topic. Hopefully this will reach someone before this blog gets deleted.

Our recent attempts to contact media included: The Larry King Show, CNN, BBC, and several newspapers in major US cities. We have some interest in connecting with the conspiracy/UFO community. Coast To Coast AM was emailed recently.

Seems video footage of these metallic spinning UFOs has been deleted after it reportedly was on for a while, unfortunately.

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 07:12 AM
link   
Excuse me while I try to interject some common sense into this NASA turned UFO discussion.

How would 2.5 Billion dollars be best spent to help the US economy?
a) A 2.5 Billion dollar Mars probe
b) A 2.5 Billion dollar bail out to the US citizens
c) Put 2.5 Billion into our infrastructure
d) Pay down our debt

If you pick choice a), you have no common sense, nor do you place the people's best interests in front of your own agenda's. This is what our government is doing to you and me. They had a choice to invest this and more money in US, here in the U.S.

Let this question serve as my beef with NASA. No common sense was used, and NASA will spend as much as possible. Sure they could be funneling 2 of the 2.5 into black projects, while the .5 billion probes fail, but that is another subject to have beef about.

Please don't even try to tell me how this new, unknown, knowledge is going to be worth the money without some hard facts about how any past probes have justified their cost with profitable technology that was learned on the surface of Mars.

Good Luck!
edit on 3-12-2011 by assspeaker because: ed

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 07:43 AM
link   
reply to post by assspeaker

d) Pay down our debt

If you pick choice a), you have no common sense, nor do you place the people's best interests in front of your own agenda's. This is what our government is doing to you and me. They had a choice to invest this and more money in US, here in the U.S.

Are you saying that you think that NASA loads actual cash into a space probe and fires it into space? Choices a-c are the same answer! NASA employs highly skilled workers; that money is going to pay their salaries. They spend that money here in the United States. If the project is canceled, they are unlikely to find a new position in their specialized fields, so they will end up collecting unemployment, which will continue to drive up the debt without contributing anything to the economy. Pure research is infrastructure development, even if you are too short sighted to see that. Anyone who chooses "d" has an agenda unrelated to the best interests of America and its citizens.
edit on 3-12-2011 by DJW001 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 08:15 AM
link   

reply to post by assspeaker

d) Pay down our debt

Are you saying that you think that NASA loads actual cash into a space probe and fires it into space?

No I am not saying that at all, but for what we get out of it, we might as well just burn it.

Choices a-c are the same answer! NASA employs highly skilled workers; that money is going to pay their salaries. They spend that money here in the United States. If the project is canceled, they are unlikely to find a new position in their specialized fields, so they will end up collecting unemployment, which will continue to drive up the debt without contributing anything to the economy.

A-C are the same?..not in my mind, but how can you justify that statement?

Without knowing how many scientist worked on the project, and for how long, I would venture to guess that we could have just given the team .5 billion to sit on their butts, and had 2 billion to inject in the economy. But a generalized statement like yours shows no facts to back it up...so...back it up or.....

**** I don't just complain! I have solutions! So put this on your plate. I will take all of the scientist's involved, give them a shovel, and job on a road patch crew for 6 months, then I will send them back to the lab to develop a highway surface that can last for ten plus years without maintenance. If they fail, they get a year on the patch crew before they come back to the lab. Now this is a win win proposal, in that within one month, these boys would come up with a formula that shows how polymer A can be mixed with yada-yada, and the roads will last for ten+ years. We would then spend less on infrastructure repair, and be able to pay down the debt while NASA EARNS its keep.

Pure research is infrastructure development, even if you are too short sighted to see that. Anyone who chooses "d" has an agenda unrelated to the best interests of America and its citizens.

I would reply to this "pure research" statement if I had any idea what you are talking about. As far as paying down our debt being bad for the U.S., I have no idea how that could be so bad. Of course, you might not have any interest of repaying the money we borrowed. Kind of like stealing is it not?

Keep on justifying this bs, and I will keep on showing you wrong.
edit on 3-12-2011 by assspeaker because: ***

edit on 3-12-2011 by assspeaker because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 08:42 AM
link   

Edit to add: Bear in mind that the X-15 was a joint project between NACA/NASA and the US military. There are many reasons why so much of the X-15 archives remain classified, none of them having to do with UFO.

Obviously informations show some of it had to do with UFO. And not only reportedly filmed UFOs from X-15. One of the reasons NASA reportedly don't want to reveal photos and films of UFOs could be this www.abovetopsecret.com...

On March 6, former astronaut and senator John Glenn appeared on the sitcom Frasier and gave a remarkable soliloquy: "Back in those glory days, I was very uncomfortable when they asked us to say things that I didn't want to say, and deny other things. Some people asked, you know, 'Were you alone out there?' We never gave the real answer. We've seen things out there, strange things. But we know what we saw out there. And we couldn't really say anything, the bosses were scared of this. They were afraid of 'War of the Worlds' type stuff, about panic in the streets. And so we had to keep quiet. And now we only see these things in our nightmares or maybe in the movies. And some of them are pretty close to being the truth." Aldrin did not comment.
Senator John Glenn - former NASA astronaut March 6, 2001

When Orson Welles broadcasted 'War of the Worlds' on radio in 1938 (the time before people had TV (and many years before people began to own computers)) the american citizens escaped from their own homes and tried to hide themselves.
edit on 3-12-2011 by Anunaki10 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 09:57 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 10:42 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 12:07 PM
link   
Let me get this clear -- the video that An referred to as showing X-15 UFOs no longer is available. Is that his claim? Who then remembers ever seeing it?

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by assspeaker
Excuse me while I try to interject some common sense into this NASA turned UFO discussion.

d) Pay down our debt

Let this question serve as my beef with NASA. No common sense was used, and NASA will spend as much as possible. Sure they could be funneling 2 of the 2.5 into black projects, while the .5 billion probes fail, but that is another subject to have beef about.

Please don't even try to tell me how this new, unknown, knowledge is going to be worth the money without some hard facts about how any past probes have justified their cost with profitable technology that was learned on the surface of Mars.

Good Luck!
edit on 3-12-2011 by assspeaker because: ed

See, while your argument is understandable, it is rather shortsighted. If you want to "bail out" the US Citizens with $2.5B, every US citizen will get approx $8.33... not much of a bail out and certainly doesn't do anything for the economy.

While $2.5 billion is a gigantic amount of money for all of us (I suppose), in the big scheme of things it is not all that much.
The $2.5B are going into the US economy, so I don't see how it is any different from all the stimuli spendings on much less credible projects ( Solyndra anyone?)

There is a direct and indirect ROI in space programs, over 1500 businesses were spun off with NASA technoloy and/or research results.
The ballistic parachute system for example has not only started 3 new small businesses, but is also so far credited with having saved 200 lives. The Mars exploration will provide research into water detection and retrieval methods in otherwise barren lands, which will ultimately result in new ways to help drought stricken regions here on Earth.
The NASA technology transfer mandate doesn't only launch new businesses, but NASA makes money off royalty payments for patents etc. And more importantly, these businesses bring badly needed highly qualified tech jobs.

Then, there is the social ROI... while not as tangible (at least not immediately) it is of great importance. Yes, some science may not have an immediate application and is "just" to increase our knowledge - but this is like arguing about spending on Art, should Museums be paid for with public funds...yes, of course and the same is true for science that helps us to understand the cosmos.... do we want to turn into a society of ignorant cavemen, or do we want to continue to better understand the world and cosmos we live in... and hopefully better ourselves on the way... Do we want to inspire our children to become scientists or new Lindsay Lohans?

I don't know if you (or anyone) can or will follow me with what I'm saying.. but in short.. the $2.5B is peanuts for what we get in return and I think you will see that if you take a step back and look at the big picture.

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join