It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What's Your Beef With NASA?

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 03:57 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 09:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by DJW001
We're not broke, we're panicking.

Apparently you do not realize how far past broke we really are. Sure we could cash in ALL of our assets, sell off everything, and pay off some debt, but we would then be broke and broken.

Please explain to me how this country is in the green.

Using the national debt clock at www.usdebtclock.org... and looking at our total assets/vs liabilities, I see us as broke. Once again, if we liquidate our assets, we will be broken and broke.
Please explain your logic and provide some kind of source backing it up. Please.

Once you realize how broke we are, you may understand my problem with NASA blowing my money on probes that have historically failed. Do you have any idea how much we paid for those failures?

Time for me to open your eyes son.
Read this and get back to me if you still feel like we are not broke :www.bloomberg.com...
Then read Michael Moore's take on the debt, whom claims we are not broke, but broken www.huffingtonpost.com...

Broke is broke

edit on 30-11-2011 by assspeaker because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 09:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Anunaki10

Like i previously said, you don't know if it's made up or not...

And if your sources knew how to do their research properly, it would be possible to find out one way or the other. Since your sources either do not know how to do proper research, or do know how to do proper research and are deliberately trying impede such research, I consider them unreliable and the story almost certainly false.

At least now you're admitting that you don't know whether the story is true or not. You can't blame NASA for that.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 10:01 AM
link   
reply to post by assspeaker

Using the national debt clock at www.usdebtclock.org... and looking at our total assets/vs liabilities, I see us as broke. Once again, if we liquidate our assets, we will be broken and broke.
Please explain your logic and provide some kind of source backing it up. Please.

I already have, but I can see that I need to lay out a folksy metaphor to counter your Tea Party rhetoric. The United States still has a limitless line of credit. It has not used that credit line wisely in the past, and now it's out of a job. After working in the Rust Belt all of those jobs have gone elsewhere, and it needs to do something to find employment. Yes, it could liquidate all of its assets and declare bankruptcy, but that would do nothing to increase its revenue stream. If it was smart, it would take advantage of its remaining credit line to get a loan in order to go back to school and learn a new trade, a trade that would allow it to get a new, higher paying, job than the last one. Something in computers, energy technology... or other high tech field. Then, in a few years, when the money starts rolling in, it can pay off its debts and manage its future financial affairs more maturely.

If you need an outside reference and don't have the patience to read and understand what John Maynard Keynes actually said, you can try reading one of the many books about the current economic crisis, such as That Used To Be Us, by Friedman and Mandelbaum.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 10:56 AM
link   
It's nice to see that some people still believe that any government works for them, for the people, is stead of something else.

NASA was the one that introduced the fake-moon-landing-conspiracy, it happened at/before their first press conference about the first landing. Someone handed out papers with a "confession" from one of NASA's executives saying they did not go to the moon.

Apollo 18 was never launched but the people who "would be" aboard died soon after on foreign missions, before they could meet their family. Their bodies were never recovered, according to the movie. Check it out.

One story says that Armstrong is/was the only one who remembered the first moon landing, the others were mind-cleared and still would speak on events, but they forgot everything. Most of the prisms in the moon pictures have been erased, but some remain. They used the first color film created by Kodac, before it was released to the public. check out those pictures still available on NASA .org they say.

Once two comets the size of the Earth took a turn and hit the sun which reacted with a mce, a huge explosion. Experts asked NASA where the comet tails where, then NASA replaced the video with one that included comet tails. Without the tails they could have been spaceships going somewhere.

I do not really care if anyone believes and/or researches these stories. THINK ♥

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 11:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Keetla

It's nice to see that some people still believe that any government works for them, for the people, is stead of something else.

Not all governments do, but some try.

NASA was the one that introduced the fake-moon-landing-conspiracy, it happened at/before their first press conference about the first landing. Someone handed out papers with a "confession" from one of NASA's executives saying they did not go to the moon.

Really? Do you happen to have a copy of this "confession?" For that matter, do you have any witnesses?

Apollo 18 was never launched but the people who "would be" aboard died soon after on foreign missions, before they could meet their family. Their bodies were never recovered, according to the movie. Check it out.

No, the people who would have been aboard were either bumped up a flight, like Schmitt, or went on to serve as back-up astronauts for the Skylab program:

In the case of Apollo 18 the crew was probably the Apollo 15 backup crew:[2]
Richard F. Gordon, Jr.. (Commander (CDR))
Vance D. Brand (Command Module Pilot (CMP))
Harrison Schmitt (Lunar Module Pilot (LMP))

en.wikipedia.org...

Now what movie are you talking about, and what does it have to do with reality?

One story says that Armstrong is/was the only one who remembered the first moon landing, the others were mind-cleared and still would speak on events, but they forgot everything. Most of the prisms in the moon pictures have been erased, but some remain. They used the first color film created by Kodac, before it was released to the public. check out those pictures still available on NASA .org they say.

Another story says that Apollo actually landed on the Moon and everyone has a pretty clear recollection of the events. They've all written books about it, so I'll go with that story. The first color film was invented in 1861, so I think you may be wrong about other details. By all means check out how few photos there are:

www.apolloarchive.com...

Once two comets the size of the Earth took a turn and hit the sun which reacted with a mce, a huge explosion. Experts asked NASA where the comet tails where, then NASA replaced the video with one that included comet tails. Without the tails they could have been spaceships going somewhere.

Comets crash into the Sun all the time. Sometimes these will co-incide with a CME, but there is no reason to assume a causal relationship. NASA has never replaced data from solar observatory satellites, it would be contrary to its mission. If you're going to live in Fantasyland, why not imagine that the comet tails are the exhaust from the spaceships that are going somewhere.

I do not really care if anyone believes and/or researches these stories. THINK ♥

It is clear that you are the one that needs to research these stories. THINK ♥
edit on 30-11-2011 by DJW001 because: (no reason given)

edit on 30-11-2011 by DJW001 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 11:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Keetla

________________________________________________________________________________

EDIT: Hah, hah!! ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ Beat me to it....missed it by that much!

"Great Minds"....and such......
________________________________________________________________________________

Ummmmm.....why do some feel it necessary to repeat false information, ad infinitum?

Total rubbish. If you read that somewhere, then please provide the "source".

"according to the movie"!??!!

Are you being serious, here? Or not?

Because, the "movie" was a work of fiction.....a story....I'd think most people would have realized that?

Here, the actual factual history:

In the case of Apollo 18 the crew was probably the Apollo 15 backup crew:

Richard F. Gordon, Jr. (Commander (CDR))
Vance D. Brand (Command Module Pilot (CMP))
Harrison Schmitt (Lunar Module Pilot (LMP))

When Apollo 18 was canceled, Schmitt was moved up to Apollo 17 under pressure from the scientific community, replacing Joe Engle. Schmitt, a geologist, became the only professional scientist and the twelfth man to walk on the Moon.

Canceled Apollo missions: Crew Assignments

And, as I write, they are all still alive:

Richard F. Gordon, Jr.
Vance D. Brand
Harrison Schmitt

The "movie" is:

Apollo 18 is a 2011 American science fiction horror film directed by Gonzalo López-Gallego....

"Science fiction horror" movie. Fiction.

One story says that Armstrong is/was the only one who remembered the first moon landing, the others were mind-cleared ....

Total BS.

Most of the prisms in the moon pictures have been erased, but some remain.

They used the first color film created by Kodac, before it was released to the public. check out those pictures still available on NASA .org they say.

The "first color film created by Kodak"?? You mean, there were no such things as color film, before Apollo?
History would disagree with you.

Here are the facts, from Kodak's website:

Kodak went along with them to the moon – in a couple of ways. We provided three different types of film:

• Ektachrome EF film SO168
  • Ektachrome MS film SO368 35mm film used in the stereo
  • Panatomic-X recording film – this was specially developed for use on the moon

• One of these days...

And finally, this one wins the prize!! (I'll let the readers dicide what to name the award.....):

There is no added commentary needed, here.

I do not really care if anyone believes and/or researches these stories.

Well, that seems rather obvious............

edit on Wed 30 November 2011 by ProudBird because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 03:27 PM
    link   
    A gift for the NASA huggers

APOLLO 12's COVERT EVA - Proof of NASA's Off-The-Record Lunar Surface Operations

Hello Everyone. Firstly, I do realize that this is a rather long video - certainly much longer than any of my other videos on Youtube. The purpose of this presentation however is to provide a deeper, comprehensive examination into the considerable evidence that surrounds one very specific classified incident that took place during the Apollo 12 mission, with this in-depth analysis demonstrating conclusively to you that this covert event I am describing absolutely did take place and was indeed covered up by NASA in an effort to keep the world forever ignorant of the fact that it had ever even occurred.

edit on 30-11-2011 by zorgon because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 03:30 PM
    link   
    reply to post by nv4711

I mean, it's pretty clear that Nasa has seen some extraordinary things and covered them up.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 03:41 PM
    link   
    reply to post by zorgon

There is already a thread, covers this pretty thoroughly....

Luna Cognita video: A clandestine (top Secret) Apollo 12 EVA!

Now......presuming this did occur, as suggested? SO what?

The most likely reason for it having been covert is? Nothing more than wanting to be absolutely certain of their landing site (since there was a wee bit of confusion during the powered descent) and NOT looking foolish during the live audio two-way transmissions.

This was only the second landing, and we all know that Apollo 11 was a "nail biter" because the powered descent profile went "long", and past the originally planned landing site. This, due to the unanticipated little "puff" of excess air in the connecting access tunnel between the CM and the LM.....when they disengaged. It added a small amount of Delta V, which was not anticipated in the calculations.

There is an even older thread, based also on the "LunaCognita" theories..... and focusing on his earlier video iteration on this subject. This thread asks a particularly silly question:

Apollo 12's Covert EVA , Are E.T.'s the reason for the Secrecy ?

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 04:14 PM
    link   
    My beef with NASA is that they do experiments and collect data at the taxpayers expense and then will not release it to the public. I was looking for images from the SOFIA high altitude IR observatory, but there is only one image I can find. The same with its predecessor, the KOA project. They are taking pictures in the infrared of stars, galaxies, gas clouds etc. So why won't they show us what they see? National Security?

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 04:52 PM
    link   
    reply to post by Keetla

methinks you have read bara/hoaglands dark mission. i don't know anything about the film you watched other than it was fiction based.

someone mention skylab? whooooo! loved the footage when i was a nipper.
    f

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 05:08 PM
    link   
    I must admit zorgon is presenting some better quality information than the average, gets my attention. What this video shows is NASA dont tell all to the public, but what they used and what they hid has no relevance to the truth about UFO/ETs and show they didnt want to look like fools in public... I dont see it helping when such small secrets are normal, nothing strange about them and the public hardly cares which one they used...not a big deal
    edit on 30-11-2011 by Imtor because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 05:41 PM
    link   
    reply to post by GaryN

My beef with NASA is that they do experiments and collect data at the taxpayers expense and then will not release it to the public. I was looking for images from the SOFIA high altitude IR observatory, but there is only one image I can find. The same with its predecessor, the KOA project. They are taking pictures in the infrared of stars, galaxies, gas clouds etc. So why won't they show us what they see? National Security?

Perhaps it has something to do with the fact that it is a joint project with a German consortium, and there is not much to interest the general public. You will find a gallery here:

www.sofia.usra.edu...

If you are a researcher, you will find out how to access the data here:

www.sofia.usra.edu...

They have not yet photographed Nibiru.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 06:03 PM
    link   

Originally posted by GaryN
    My understanding is that NASA provided the plane, and the German DLR provided the telescope, so maybe NASA isn't in complete control of the project since it's a joint venture? The light instruments used with the telescope are supplied by both countries

www.dlr.de...

Also, I found at least three SOFIA images in a quick search:
    www.sofia.usra.edu...
    aerospace.firetrench.com...
    newsroom.ucla.edu...

Did you try sending NASA an e-mail asking if they are going to make more Sofia images available?

Edit to add: I see DJW posted similarly while I was still writing my post. Yes, I suspect the joint venture has something to do with it too.
    edit on 30-11-2011 by Arbitrageur because: clarification

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 08:06 PM
    link   
    reply to post by Arbitrageur

Did you try sending NASA an e-mail asking if they are going to make more Sofia images available?

Yes I did, and just got a reply stating the same as on the Q&A page DJW001 linked to, that the principal investigators have exclusive access, for an unspecified period. But, the the Kuiper mission, SOFIAS predecessor has been over for quite a while, and I can not find an image gallery or data for that either.
    I wondered about what they could see from up there after seeing what the BIPH (Binocular Photon Machine) can see from ground level in IR, looks pretty darned good, so thought they could probably see a whole lot more from up there, with a much better, bigger device. So, what is the problem releasing the images? Maybe there is stuff they don't want us to see? I have to be suspicious about them being so secretive if all they can see is stars.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 08:17 PM
    link   
    Nasatv used to have good quality, near real-time footage of what was happening in and around the ISS. We cold all watch the ufo's (or ice particles, space debris, refelctions...) before nasa could edit them out.

Now all I seem to see is stupid, dumbed down videos or "educational programming' as they put it.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 08:21 PM
    link   
    reply to post by GaryN

The Q&A doesn't say how long the mandated proprietary period is, so they didn't clarify that for you? I have no idea how long that will be. Regarding WHY they have such periods, I can offer you my guess, that it's probably got something to do with giving the people personally involved an opportunity to study the data and publish their research before the data is released to the public.

At least that seems more likely to me than them trying to hide a fleet of alien invasion ships on its way to Earth that only shows up on infrared, or insert another alternative theory here!

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 09:01 PM
    link   
    Did NASA put up any sort of a fight when the space shuttle was decommissioned?

What were their thoughts about this?
    edit on 30-11-2011 by RSF77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 09:06 PM
    link   
    reply to post by ProudBird

There is an even older thread, based also on the "LunaCognita" theories..... and focusing on his earlier video iteration on this subject. This thread asks a particularly silly question:

Apollo 12's Covert EVA , Are E.T.'s the reason for the Secrecy ?

That kind of question would only seem silly to those who have never seen a real UFO.

For those of us that have seen the real deal, ... the question makes perfect sense

edit on 30-11-2011 by easynow because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join