It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What's Your Beef With NASA?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 07:48 PM
link   
A majority of the members seem to have a major problem with NASA. From lies to cover ups and conspiracy accusations, NASA and its scientists, astronauts and administration are derided and called every name in the book.

To me, it's the greatest government agency we have (sure as heck beats the IRS). People yell "liars" and "cover up", because they don't understand the underlying science, be it Physics, Astrobiology or any other of the plethora of scientific fields employed by the space agency - or because NASA doesn't readily confirm their delusions of daily visitors from the Pleiades - or both.

All "NASA lies" or "NASA manipulated moon or other space photo/video" accusations are made out of pure ignorance and a total lack of understanding of science. I find it amazing how many ATS members seem to have an astounding background in theoretical physics, biology, chemistry and aeronautics... all I can say.. apply for a job, NASA wants you!

So...what's your problem with NASA? Why do you think they're lying to the public and cover up their discoveries? You've got to help me out here, because I can't think of a single reason....

BTW... You know what the real scandal is? That the Jack Webb telescope may be scrapped because Congress doesn't want to cough up the dough... This baby is our best chance of finding habitable planets within 10-20 parsecs.. and is one cool piece of space gear... so, if you want to find ET, write your congress man!..
Check it out here: Jack Webb Telescope....

+1 more 
posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 07:56 PM
link   
That's just the way a lot of the conspiracy theorists here do it.

Shout lie, do no research beyond youtube and their own imaginations, say that Jupiter is Niburu or something else ridiculous, then call you a sheeple or disinfo agent when you mention the dreaded words proof or science.
edit on 11/9/2011 by Chamberf=6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 07:56 PM
link   
I have a very dear friend who has worked at NASA / Ames Research in Mountain View, California, for the past 20 years. He and his co-workers are some really awesome, bright people.

Yet, I do believe that NASA, like any other government agency, is told to lie and cover things up. This occurs at the very top and has nothing to do with all of the great people who go to work there doing what they do best.

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 07:59 PM
link   
I think that most people's problems with NASA stem from the fact that they've been caught in numerous instances of dishonesty. Yes, there are a lot of bs claims about what NASA's about and various conspiracies, but I know for my self at least, there have been a few released images that I've had to double take... and wonder how they could even believe that they'd fool anyone with some of their poorer attempts at image doctoring. There's also that whole water-on-the-moon thing. Lots of drama there.

To me, if you're doing science of this nature... on this level. Work that affects everyone, not just special interests or agendas, but an entire world, then is it really that hard to not come off as super shady. Cuz they do. They come off as super shady.

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 08:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by FissionSurplus
I have a very dear friend who has worked at NASA / Ames Research in Mountain View, California, for the past 20 years. He and his co-workers are some really awesome, bright people.

Yet, I do believe that NASA, like any other government agency, is told to lie and cover things up. This occurs at the very top and has nothing to do with all of the great people who go to work there doing what they do best.

I agree with that completely, I think NASA is a smoke and mirror show for our benefit. A very small number know the truth, and the majority are given missions; which they accomplish to the best of their ability. Just like anything else, Bernie's staff probably had zero idea that it was a scam.........

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 08:07 PM
link   
Can't say I don't agree with you. Although, I do believe NASA is involved with something, and that's the US Gov't. They are guilty by association to say the least
NASA may have information they are keeping to themselves and there are some good conspiracies to go with it. Something is there, something we'd prolly like to know about.

Btw, I'll be sending an email. Nice touch
edit on 9-11-2011 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 08:16 PM
link   
reply to post by nv4711

Ummm...let's see if I can think of one beef... Oh yeah, how about losing or destroying all the original video footage shot on the moon by the Apollo 11 astronauts.

Either NASA is lying about that (Which is what I suspect.), or they are the most incompetent government agency in the history of mankind!

It's no mystery to me why people distrust NASA.

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 08:21 PM
link   
They lie.

So pork over beef is the reason!

cheerio!

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 08:28 PM
link   
reply to post by nv4711

There are a ton of claims from highly dubious sources about Nasa and UFO's. This video is not about all that. It is about the few recordings made by astronauts over the years that I remember seeing and hearing. Especially the one on Discovery. Nasa can be stereotyped into conspiracy and cover up status because they won't acknowledge or disseminate any other data surrounding these incidents. Thats one thing I have a beef about. I am not saying there is any UFO associated with these just that they should own up to these one way or another. Go Public.

Another beef(s) I have is the lack of real data flowing from earth orbit over the years about what they really do up there. I am so tired of watching them spin around and tumble, exercise, sleep, shave, eat globs of water, talk to ground news about how honored and thrilled they are to be there. They show launches and landings and ceremonies and hand shaking ad infinitum until I get so bored over the years that I have tuned out pretty much. To me, Nasa TV is mostly Screen Saver TV.

Younger people may not see it that way as everything is new to them. I been watching astronauts eat globs of water for decades. I am not talking about all the other space flight stuff throughout the solar system, just manned flights. I dig on most of the robotic stuff to planets, and Hubble, SOHO, Chandra, Rovers, etc. Been following that stuff for decades as well.

As far as I am concerned the ISS is a fancy expensive Hotel in space, built at taxpayer expense for (remember) a "staging" platform for return to the moon and Mars missions? Not anymore. So whassup with that? Anybody?

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 08:39 PM
link   
Well, OP, there you have it. The consensus seems to be that they're guilty at the very least of being associated with our own government. And the worst thing about it is that that's a very good reason.

It's a sad commentary, to be sure. But this is a conspiracy site--and a good one at that. You don't have to be here very long to realize that our government lies to us constantly, pathologically, without care or conscience. They lie to us about everything large and small--even things that don't amount to a tinker's damn. They lie long and often, day in and day out, until they themselves probably don't know the truth anymore. Why would we consider NASA to be any different--especially given the fact that they've been shown to have committed some downright dishonest--sometimes even hilarious--photo fakery?

I don't think anybody blames the people who do the great science. Indeed I'm certain that they're not the culprits. But you have to be able to discern between the lying bastards who run things and the people who work for them....

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 08:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Swills
Can't say I don't agree with you. Although, I do believe NASA is involved with something, and that's the US Gov't. They are guilty by association to say the least
NASA may have information they are keeping to themselves and there are some good conspiracies to go with it. Something is there, something we'd prolly like to know about.

Btw, I'll be sending an email. Nice touch
edit on 9-11-2011 by Swills because: (no reason given)

Obviously secrecy comes with the territory, or we might as well just hand all our know how over to the Chinese. I can also imagine that they have launched a few satellites that can look a little closer into my back yard than they're telling me...

But on the whole UFO / Alien thing... I don't think they're covering anything up...

Very cool you're sending an email... :-)

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 08:50 PM
link   
reply to post by nv4711

Well, They do not pay me enough. They will not let me in the underground tunnels. but other then that they are ok.

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 09:09 PM
link   

What's Your Beef With NASA?

Cosmic Litterbugs... deliberately smashing spacecraft into anything they can hit and some of those carry plutonium

Bomb the Moon missions... that net nothing

Blowing up Comets like Tempel 1 and causing a huge secondary explosion that they can't figure out why so they have to send a second probe to figure it out

Major announcements that turn out to be nothing...

Announcements like "We found Arsenic based life forms..." only to find they did the tests wrong...

They refused to help Robert Bigelow launch his Genesis space station modules so he had to go to Russia to do it, now Robert says NASA = No Access to Space for Americans...

Making fun of the public with in your face presentations like this...

I could go on... but you get the point

Now if you think NASA is being so up front with everyone, please get them to release the ORIGINAL STS 75 footage

Thanks

edit on 9-11-2011 by zorgon because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 09:10 PM
link   
reply to post by nv4711

I have no beef with NASA, my only 'beef' is that they don't get a better share of the US budget so we can get down to seem real good old fashioned space exploration.

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by 1questioner
reply to post by nv4711

Ummm...let's see if I can think of one beef... Oh yeah, how about losing or destroying all the original video footage shot on the moon by the Apollo 11 astronauts.

Either NASA is lying about that (Which is what I suspect.), or they are the most incompetent government agency in the history of mankind!

It's no mystery to me why people distrust NASA.

That's one I would agree with you. We obviously still have the originals that were converted from the format transmitted from the moon into TV format, but it's an unbelievable blunder. When I heard about that, and just recently again when after 3 years of searching they finally came up empty, I thought yeah.. you guys deserve to be yelled at - not to mention Nafzger, the guy who led the search team saying " "I don't think anyone in the NASA organization did anything wrong, I think it slipped through the cracks, and nobody's happy about it."
Just for that he should be fired.

Is that a show of incompetence? You bet. Destroyed on purpose? Don't think so.

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 09:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ex_CT2
I don't think anybody blames the people who do the great science. Indeed I'm certain that they're not the culprits. But you have to be able to discern between the lying bastards who run things and the people who work for them....

Those great scientists named hematite nodules on Mars "Blue Berries" because one guy was looking at his muffin...

Those great scientists said there was liquid water on Mars... only to have some guy on an internet blog tell them the photo they used as proof was actually vertical on a hill, so could not be water

Those great scientists... when something when wrong with a probe and they couldn't figure out what...

Those great scientists... when they bombed Comet Tempel 1 and had no idea why it exploded as it did...

Maybe it really WAS an alien spacecraft they took out

Those great scientists... after the miserable failure of the Bomb the Moon Mission...

Those great scientists... loosing boxes of huge tapes from the Apollo 11 Mission...There were 45 tapes lost all of this size...

Those great scientists... working on Lunar orbiter tapes in an abandoned McDonald's

But hey I like NASA... really I do... I get some of my best tips from employees

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 09:32 PM
link   
reply to post by nv4711

question
is the name of the new telescope, the jack web ?
i thought it was james web space telescope
?????

nasa is great and so are their programs,
its more that "national security" trumps science to many times

but i think thats not NASAs fault

xploder

link   
reply to post by nv4711

You get a star my friend for being fair-minded.

Look, we would all like to believe NASA was a pure science organization. However, by charter, they must answer to the Department of Defense. If you haven't read Richard Dolan's well-researched books, you should. He has the documentation to prove that since at least 1947 to the present day the Department of Defense has been actively involved with suppressing any evidence of extraterrestrial activity or intelligence. Even if NASA found such evidence in any of their missions, they would have to acquiesce to their master--the Department of Defense. So, unfortunately, they have never been and will never be a pure science organization.

link   
Flag from me.

I agree................................

Seriously I think that they are pretty thorough on most topics.........

Not all, but most................

At least Nasa gives me some answers that nobody else is willing to do..................Except for some guy on Youtube thinking that they out smarted Nasa and found tape on an old film

Some topics should not be shared with the world...........National security

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 09:38 PM
link   
On NASA Secrecy....

Go to ANY NASA webpage and look at the bottom...

There you will see in the fine print...

Freedom of Information Act
www.hq.nasa.gov...

On that page there is this statement...

"A link is also included to the NASA FOIA Regulations, "Availability of Agency Records to Members of the Public" which will provide you with more detailed information concerning the processing of your FOIA request. "

"Availability of Agency Records to Members of the Public"
www.hq.nasa.gov...

Go down to "Subpart 3--Exemptions"

Under "Sec. 1206.300 Exemptions." you will see...

"(b) The requirements of this part to make Agency records available do not apply to matters that are--
(1)
(i) Specifically authorized under criteria established by an Executive Order to be kept secret in the interest of national defense or foreign policy and
(ii) Are in fact properly classified pursuant to such Executive Order;"

So basically they don't have to tell us JACK if its under 'national defense or foreign policy" or just the whim of "Executive Order;".

I would assume that would include ANYTHING related to any Aliens

Now the really GOOD stuff at NASA is found here... but you have to know WHO to ask, and WHAT to ask... then explain WHY you need to know about that and then they might give you access
(Like the file on Mars Methane)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join