It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Idea for Social Structure

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 07:22 PM
link   
This is just purely for the entertainment of creative thinking:

What if... we lived in a country built of many communities and each of these communities comprised their own rules and structures democratically among the people within each community? No one community would hold sway over another and no centralized system would be put in place that gives too much power to too few. People could own their own businesses, work for others, etc BUT a community chooses (votes) whether another business can expand to their community as a whole (thus crushing the idea of big businesses killing smaller ones). If someone doesn't like a communities rules/regulations they can of course vote together on issues or move onto another community that more fits their lifestyle criteria. This I feel has a bit more flexibility... There are holes in this system for sure but hey ... have fun with it! expand on it

I was even thinking about community farms where people help and can take what they need. If they need more, they can buy it or start their own small garden/farm on their own land. If this is already a system, let me know!
I am always willing to learn.
edit on 9-11-2011 by ApolloBloodline because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 07:26 PM
link   
reply to post by ApolloBloodline

This sounds like ancient aztec society...
Worked fine untill white people (Such as myself) came over and ruined everything.

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 07:29 PM
link   
reply to post by darkredfish

Wondering how it could be applied with todays society/technology/etc.

Good conversation sows the seed of ideas

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 07:31 PM
link   
reply to post by ApolloBloodline

I dont think it can because with todays technology, electricity and oil run the world. Those things are not "Small company" things, and can't be because you need MILLIONS OF BILLIONS of dollars to produce it.
Also, we are already tainted with greed from well, NOW, so if we tried to do this it would never work again.

Aztecs had a row of corn in their feilds that ALL could take for free, but if you took off another row, they would cut your hand off.

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by ApolloBloodline
BUT a community chooses (votes) whether another business can expand to their community as a whole (thus crushing the idea of big businesses killing smaller ones).

People being somewhat similar, I imagine that all communities would eventually seek to have businesses that are "good" such as fruit shops, hospitals, schools, bakeries, yoga classes, etc...
BUT
the NIMBY* attitude would leave not a single place in the country where "bad" businesses could operate, such as sewerage treatment plants, electrical power substations, mobile phone towers, chemical storage facilities, shipping, trucking etc...

Sometimes it is good a more distant authority has the power to say "these are allowed to go here".

*Not In My Back Yard

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 07:46 PM
link   
reply to post by darkredfish

I think alternatives already exist for most if not all of that
greener solutions that tend to be gobbled up patents by big business.

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 07:47 PM
link   
reply to post by alfa1

No one says that those services need to be close the actual living space of the community. Remember that community is not always direct proximity. Such businesses could exist on the physical boundaries of said community as they are a need and people can't get around that. The whole point is like minded individuals will tend to gravitate in communities and drive the services for said community. I am sure there will be communities that find this okay.
edit on 9-11-2011 by ApolloBloodline because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 07:23 AM
link   
It used to be like that. The American Indians ran their tribes like this.
This is nothing new, except for non Indians.

new topics

top topics

join