It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

REVELATION 13:18 Is it too late?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hootsmanwheresmaheid
reply to post by Forevever

I don't think it's the internet, what if your left handed? And you certainly don't put anything against you forehead do you?

it says "in" your forehead - could be an easy and obvious metaphor for knowledge and the brain

Stupidgirl and jjkenobi bring up the point about God being literal - that it says a "mark"

I addressed this already.

If technology is the antichrist then whatever knowledge you get from it is the mark

God may be literal - but Satan can read the same Bible we do - he's not going to be so obvious

Furthermore, to Disraeli - let me quote your quoted steps here

Based on my previous definition, I'm going to offer this two-step method of identifying the Mark;
Step1; Look around the world, and identify a world-leader openly claiming to be the returned Christ. That is the Beast, or one of them.
Step2; Note what symbol he is using to identify those who accept his claim. That is the Mark.
If the steps are carried out in that order, and the second step is not even attempted until the first step has been successfully completed, then the method is infallible.

If we are all aware of this - and we are - I've heard this nonsense all of my life - NO ONE WOULD BELIEVE any person who claimed to be the returned Christ - we would know immediately that they are a liar and no one would accept any "mark" they may demand of us

Again, I say - Satan is tricky - he won't be so obvious

but... hey, whatever helps you sleep
edit on 10-11-2011 by Forevever because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Forevever

it says "in" your forehead - could be an easy and obvious metaphor for knowledge and the brain

KJV says "in"
NIV, ESV, NLT, etc.., say "on"

However, personally, I don't think semantics are of great concern on this particular point because the point is that it will be some type of 1.) physical mark that is 2.) taken/received with full knowledge of the repercussions.

1. If technology is the antichrist then whatever knowledge you get from it is the mark
2. God may be literal -
3. but Satan can read the same Bible we do - he's not going to be so obvious

1. True. But I do not believe technology is antichrist. IMHO, I believe the internet is responsible for fulfilling Christ's statement:
"And this Gospel of the Kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; & then shall the End come." (Matthew 24:14)

2. Sometimes He's literal, sometimes He's symbolic. I think that's why there are so many people that think the Bible contradicts itself. Others just get pissed off and give up out of frustration and confusion. Those are usually the ones that end up angry at Christianity as a whole and spend their time pursuing arguments with those who still believe.
God wants us to pursue a relationship with Him, not give it to us intravenously.
Having said all that, I still feel ig'nant when I try to read the Bible sometimes......but I refuse to give up and I think that's what matters most.

3. True that. But I don't think it will matter by the time we get to the mark of the beast, which will be after the son of perdition is revealed. Just look at how many people on ATS, alone, hate Christianity.
I think the tide has turned and by the time we get to the mark, it will be only be obvious to Christians. The rest either won't care or will be running to get in line to get it. And those who don't receive it will be ridiculed and killed.

- NO ONE WOULD BELIEVE any person who claimed to be the returned Christ - we would know

I think whoever shows up will claim to be the Christ/Maitreya/Mahdi/messiah-of-all-trades, as to appeal to all belief systems. I can't help but think that when all this starts to go down, some pretty wacky, unexplainable business is going to happening so even those who don't believe will have their minds blown.

Or maybe not. Like I said, we really won't know until it happens......thus we continue to speculate through banter on ATS.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Furthermore, to Disraeli...

If we are all aware of this - and we are - I've heard this nonsense all of my life - NO ONE WOULD BELIEVE any person who claimed to be the returned Christ - we would know immediately that they are a liar and no one would accept any "mark" they may demand of us

Lots of people are believing in Rev Sun Myung Moon, whose claims are not so different.
Lots of people are believing, in advance, in Benjamin Creme's Maitreya, whose claims are not so different.
Do not underestimate the ability of people to believe in claims if they are dressed up properly.

What kind of God is going to condemn individuals to a the kind of condemnation described in ch14, which is presented as a fiery torment, for a choice they did not know about?
The idea that someone could receive the Mark and not be aware of any decision taken turns the whole thing into an absurd, arbitrary game. You may as well make it the selection of numbers in a lottery.
"You have chosen the numbers 11, 18, 35, and 42. That means you go to Hell".
Is your suggestion any better than that?
edit on 10-11-2011 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 07:55 PM
link   
reply to post by stupid girl

You seem to mostly agree with me - my idea is not so farfetched

I personally believe the Bible contradicts itself for no other reason than LIFE contradicts itself.

things change

I only disagree with one point you made - that people would accept it "knowing", with full awareness of, the reprecussions - I highly doubt that

unless of course, it comes in the form of a cheeseburger, and the Dr just told you that your cholesteral is in the "you're gonna die" range (metaphorically, you know what I'm saying) - I am guilty

reply to post by DISRAELI

What is the exact number of "lots"? Is it any real portion of the population like say... Christianity? People who are on the internet?

In fact, the number of people on the internet (or immersed in any other sort of technology that has only recently become popular) outnumber any other group in the world, and encompasses every age, race, religion, and social standing.

Anyway, my point stands - Whatever the mark is and whoever the beast is, will not be obvious until its too late. Therefore its all interpretation till anyone fesses up - at which point it will be too late (and is already too late as I said earlier).

My money is still on technology, the internet, and the most beloved and worshipped of all - iphones

As for the "what kind of God?" question..... well, its like the old paradox (is that the word I want?) - if God is all powerful, can he create a rock even he can't lift?

If God is all powerful, can he create a system/society that he can't control?

Therefore in the end, that is always going to be the real existential question.

Who or what is God.
edit on 10-11-2011 by Forevever because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 08:30 PM
link   
Nothing has been or will ever be fulfilled from the christian writings in its application in these modern times that so many claim. Any evidence forwarded to counter such a statement is only filled with false desire of the ego, and serves only to prove that minds have been culled. The truth of it is that religions are not of spiritual healings of the soul but are in fact just other political establishments like any other political parties vying for the most votes. You say this, we say that, they say the other etc. Its all just spin and put downs and who can shout the loudest.

And by the way, your clocks are out of sync by at least 44 years.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 08:31 PM
link   

reply to post by Hootsmanwheresmaheid

I have an extremely unpopular theory that the mark of the beast IS in fact, the internet.

My mouse/cellphone/etc is in my right hand.... the information goes "in" my forehead (same for the lefthanded)....

And he causeth all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and bond, to receive a MARK in their right hand, or in their foreheads

I think this idea is unpopular because it would mean that we all are willingly accepting the mark - everytime we check our email or text someone or even come to ATS - no one wants to believe they can be tricked, and no one wants to give it up...

The only reasonable argument I've heard is that "God is literal" - well I agree - God is definitely literal - but he made these statements a long time ago right? and Satan is crafty, and has access to the same bible we do

IMHO - The mark will not be something so obvious like an RFID chip - or a barcode - or anything else we feared in the past

Its going to be something we all want, something attractive, something WE THINK WE NEED

Is it too late? well of course - it was always too late - IF revelations is a prophecy from God, who sees all time in an instant - we were set up from the start

It has to run its course.

Just remember, Revelations has a happy ending

Peace ♥

The mystery of the mark of the beast is this:

The mark goes on your forehead, because your "heart" is in your mind, your conciousness, all that makes you what is you is in your head, your spirit.

It also goes on your right hand (in ancient times people were taught to use their right hands because using your lefthand is backwards and seen as a sign of satan) because in olden times you worked with your hands and the sweat of your brow. Meaning the mark on your right hand symbolizes your works or actions specifically regarding how you treat other people, do you help other people and love them or do you sh*t on them and treat them like dirt?

So what we have is that your "heart" belongs to satan because you do not believe in Christ and love him, and the mark goes on your right hand because your works are for yourself and your own selfish reasons to glorify yourself instead of the Lord.

The seal of God goes on believers foreheads in the great tribulation because they are sealed to God, they believe in him and do his works and they are his people. From the very beginning of time since the fall this has always been a battle of good and evil. Those who love God and do his will over those who love Satan/Shatan/Shai'tan/the destroyer/Lucifer and do his will. This is why Universalism fails in the end, because God separates the goats from the sheep, the goats being those who willingly serve satan and refuse to repent and the sheep who return to God and love him and repent. God will not save those who have given themselves over to satan, if they refuse to repent then that is their choice he will not force salvation on people or it breaks his free will covenant with man. The choice is you choose Him or you choose Lucifer, he will not accept the lukewarm he will spew them out of his mouth as if he never knew them. You cannot walk both worlds, light and darkness you can only be a part of one. God does not accept the gray shaded area. You choose light or darkness, you do not get both.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 08:51 PM
link   

This is going to play out exactly the way Christ's life on earth did to the point where it is a mockery, and ugly parody of his life and ministry.

When the Holy Spirit was full on Him, Jesus converted thousands of people instantly, so did the Apostles after he ascended and sent them his Holy Spirit. When the Holy Spirit was full on the Apostles they converted thousands instantly just like Jesus did. So powerful were the wonders and miracles of the Holy Spirit the people's hearts were moved and they believed.

It is going to be the very same way for Satan when he walks this earth. He will work wonders and miracles and millions, even billions will fall for it. Even people who are muslim, christian and jew will fall for it. The jew especially since they do not believe the messiah came 2000 years ago so they will fall for the Beast's deceit until he sits on the mercy seat and claims he is God. These wonders and miracles the Son of Perdition perform will instantly convert millions upon millions of people who are weak minded and do not truly love Christ with all their hearts,minds,bodies, souls and strength. This is the part of the great deception that God sends so that those unfit for his kingdom will believe the lie and perish. It doesn't matter if you know now that the anti-christ comes first because if youre weak of spirit and of mind then you will believe the great deception. What is in your heart will be what damns you for eternity.
edit on 10-11-2011 by lonewolf19792000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 08:55 PM
link   

I think this idea is unpopular because it would mean that we all are willingly accepting the mark - everytime we check our email or text someone or even come to ATS - no one wants to believe they can be tricked, and no one wants to give it up...

The mark of the beast is just that a mark.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 09:03 PM
link   
Okay I got some data for you to think about. This Jesus that is so highly regarded IS the so called great deceiver. All the evidence points to it. So in fact all the devout christians are in fact under the spell of this Satan thing. And the same can be applied for all other religions. Of course I expect this facts will be rebuffed but that does not change the truth of it. It's so easy to realise that this Jesus is this Satan thing. And this Satan thing that is being warned about is just smoke and mirrors, a double bluff. Either way there is no escape from it and all your dooms are sealed no matter who you are running with.

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 03:55 AM
link   

Surely you don't believe your own argument.
If you did, you would not be on the internet.
You certainly haven't thought through the logical consequences of the assumption that you are doing something which sets you at odds with the Creator God- you're just playing with the idea.

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 10:33 AM
link   

I believe my argument
I have no illusions
If there is a hell, I'll be there

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Deut 6:8-9
And thou shalt teach them diligently unto thy children, and shalt talk of them when thou sittest in thine house, and when thou walkest by the way, and when thou liest down, and when thou risest up. And thou shalt bind them for a sign upon thine hand, and they shall be for frontlets between thine eyes.

The Greek word for "mark" in Revelation
Definition: sculpture; engraving, a stamp, sign.
5480 xáragma – properly, an engraving (etching); (figuratively) a mark providing undeniable identification, like a symbol giving irrefutable connection between parties.

5480 /xáragma ("brand-mark") was originally any impress on a coin or a seal, used by an engraver on a die (stamp, branding iron). 5480 (xáragma) later became "the identification-marker" (like with an owner's unique "brand-mark").

"For the love of money is the root of all evil: which while some coveted after, they have erred from the faith, and pierced themselves through with many sorrows"

I truly feel that the mark in revelation is our actions (hand) and our loyalty (forehead). What we do and believe shows who we serve.

"No one can serve two masters. Either he will hate the one and love the other, or he will be devoted to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve both God and Money."

Look at the golden calf statue on wall street. Look at the materialism that Satan has inspired all around the world. People love their gadgets, houses, cars, iPhones and their self-worth is directly tied to these possessions. The love of Money is often the root of most evils for most of mankind.

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 03:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hootsmanwheresmaheid
I just want to put this out there, i don't want to seem defeatist but is it too late? If the prophecy in Revelation comes true, are wee doomed to failure. Does it really matter what we do from here on in because if this is true then there will be a one world currency followed by (it appears) RFID chips. Does that mean they have won?

en.wikipedia.org...

www.av1611.org...

If it does not come true then it was not a prophecy, if it was a prophecy it must come true. Do they "win" in the end according to the prophecy?

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 02:03 PM
link   
666 = XXX = +++ = HOLY TRINITY = FATHER ,SON ,HOLY SPIRIT = JESUS

6 = 6th day of the week is FRIDAY THE DAY JESUS WAS CRUCIFIED.

REVELATION 13.8, ITS IT TO LATE?

Its not to late to show the truth after 2000 years of LIES AGAINST YESHUA

top topics

<< 1   >>

join