Originally posted by Forevever
it says "in" your forehead - could be an easy and obvious metaphor for knowledge and the brain
KJV says "in"
NIV, ESV, NLT, etc.., say "on"
However, personally, I don't think semantics are of great concern on this particular point because the point is that it will be some type of 1.)
physical mark that is 2.) taken/received with full knowledge of the repercussions.
1. If technology is the antichrist then whatever knowledge you get from it is the mark
2. God may be literal -
3. but Satan can read the same Bible we do - he's not going to be so obvious
1. True. But I do not believe technology is antichrist. IMHO, I believe the internet is responsible for fulfilling Christ's statement:
"And this Gospel of the Kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; & then shall the End come." (Matthew 24:14)
2. Sometimes He's literal, sometimes He's symbolic. I think that's why there are so many people that think the Bible contradicts itself. Others
just get pissed off and give up out of frustration and confusion. Those are usually the ones that end up angry at Christianity as a whole and spend
their time pursuing arguments with those who still believe.
God wants us to pursue a relationship with Him, not give it to us intravenously.
Having said all that, I still feel ig'nant when I try to read the Bible sometimes......but I refuse to give up and I think that's what matters
3. True that. But I don't think it will matter by the time we get to the mark of the beast, which will be after the son of perdition is revealed.
Just look at how many people on ATS, alone, hate Christianity.
I think the tide has turned and by the time we get to the mark, it will be only be obvious to Christians. The rest either won't care or will be
running to get in line to get it. And those who don't receive it will be ridiculed and killed.
- NO ONE WOULD BELIEVE any person who claimed to be the returned Christ - we would know
I think whoever shows up will claim to be the Christ/Maitreya/Mahdi/messiah-of-all-trades, as to appeal to all belief systems. I can't help but
think that when all this starts to go down, some pretty wacky, unexplainable business is going to happening so even those who don't believe will have
their minds blown.
Or maybe not. Like I said, we really won't know until it happens......thus we continue to speculate through banter on ATS.