It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

IRAN has attacked no one in 100 yrs? How many countries has USA?? =L

page: 22
<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 04:07 AM
link   
reply to post by ignant

Iran hasn't attacked anyone would be the correct wording for your title lol. But yes you are right Iran hasn't attacked anyone, the only thing they have done is arms dealing and the USA does more arm dealing than anybody in the world so I have no idea why these people on here are bashing Iran because they sold weapons to countries that just so happened to kill americans etc.

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 04:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by mayabong
reply to post by nenothtu

Yes a CIA backed coup isn't a form of aggression, only the response to it.

Smart man you are.

You keep blaming the CIA for all your troubles all you like. I will blame people who take hostages for hostages taken. It doesn't improve things that it's diplomats and hikers and the like that they prefer to take hostage.

Scapegoating man you are.

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 04:20 AM
link   
OP way to point out the obvious, sometimes, often, it's absolutely needed these days.

Look.

The US has killed tens of millions in wars to "help" people over the last hundred years, Iran has been #ed over by the US repeatedly, and they haven't attacked anyone in all this time. All else means nothing. Nothing. How they treat their citizens is debatable, but then again, look around. It's not pretty anywhere.

Don't support attacking Iran. It's just more evil on evil on evil. Don't buy into it. Free yourself from mindless hate.

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 05:01 AM
link   
Some people here claim Iran has blood on his/their hands.Yeah,when that US puppet shah got installed in 1953(even he turned against US after seeing what the plan was)...effing irony.Or maybe when Iraq(with US toys) tried 2 invade Iran.Defending yrself in war without injuring enemy soldiers is kinda hard me thinks.Keep on trying patriots&shills

edit on 11-11-2011 by AstroD because: added sumtin

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 05:05 AM
link   
As has been stated here many times. Iran conducts warfare by proxy, via Hezbollah, etc.

This is a bogus thread, meant to stir up the flames between the west and Iran. Nothing more.

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 05:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by mishigas
As has been stated here many times. Iran conducts warfare by proxy, via Hezbollah, etc.

This is a bogus thread, meant to stir up the flames between the west and Iran. Nothing more.

Sounds like how most governments do business. I agree with your last sentence though. Fully.

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 05:11 AM
link   
One thing that gets me is that they showed photos on the news of weapons, etc supposedly supplied by Iran to "insurgents" in Iraq - the writing on the crates, etc was ALL in ENGLISH.

Since English is not the natural language of Iran, wouldn't the writing be in Arabic?

It seems very convenient that they've spray painted English words like IRAN on the crates so the folks at home can read it for themselves without it needing translation first.

Propaganda?

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 05:36 AM
link   
Yup - this is a bogus thread. The Mullahs acting according to their 12'vr beliefs need to start WWIII, hopefully eliminating all the infidel powers, provoking Israel to destroy the Sunni leadership and bring back their Mahdi.

They need the pretext of justifiable revenge to do what they plan to - hence the backing of Israel into a corner and just waiting for them to strike first - a clean surgical strike of their underground facilities, they have already been funneled nuclear weapons from the 'collapsed' Soviet union as well as NK.

That is what this thread and the hundreds of other similar threads are about - building a drip drip picture in the minds of idiots that Iran is some sort of victim in all of this.

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 06:02 AM
link   
You don't have to physically fight to attack and destroy people. For example, you can financially support people who hate your target.

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 06:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by 547000
You don't have to physically fight to attack and destroy people. For example, you can financially support people who hate your target.

That's the CIA.

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 06:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by thejlxc

Originally posted by 547000

That's the CIA.

Also the KGB and how countries try to look innocent in front of the naive.

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 07:18 AM
link   
reply to post by 547000

Absolutely, I just wanted to cut off the rearing head of the "They haven't declared war, they use agents and money" defense of the War on Iran, right off the bat. It's ridiculous.

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 08:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by thejlxc
reply to post by 547000

Absolutely, I just wanted to cut off the rearing head of the "They haven't declared war, they use agents and money" defense of the War on Iran, right off the bat. It's ridiculous.

Um yeah ridiculous - they are all just peaceful little old sweeties aren't they!

Despite what is happening before its very eyes, the Obama administration and other Western governments remain set on negotiating with Iran. This betrays a fundamental misunderstanding of Iran’s aims.

In the administration’s defense, however, the West has never understood Iran, nor Iran the West. In fact, our mutual 2,500-year track record since Persian civilization first encountered the West is one of nearly unrelenting conflict. History never presents a clear roadmap of the future, and its lessons are often clouded in mist. Still, policymakers ignore history at great peril. For even the most enlightened persons still view the world though historical and cultural prisms established centuries ago. Today, the West is pulling out all the stops in hopes of engaging Iran to give up its nuclear ambitions and enter into a lasting peace.

Unfortunately, two and a half millennia of history demonstrate that the prospects for a resolution short of conflict or Western surrender are bleak. When Iran, then called Persia, first sent an army to conquer the West 2,500 years ago, it was met by merely 10,000 hoplites, most of them Athenian. Sent by the Persian king, Darius, to extinguish an infant Western Civilization, the Persians outnumbered the Athenians by as much as five or six to one. Miraculously, the Athenians won the day at Marathon, saving not only their own city, but also the ideas of democracy, freedom, and open markets, which have so long underpinned what it means to be part of the West.

Unfortunately, this first violent clash of civilizations did not end matters. The Persians returned and were again driven back only a decade later, beginning a pattern of East–West conflict that has raged in many incarnations for well over two thousand years...............................cont

www.nationalreview.com...

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 08:32 AM
link   
reply to post by ignant

Do you remember the WMD in Iraq? Yeah, I don’t remember them either. Saddam Hussein got his neck stretched for something that DIDN’T exist…. And, even if there were weapons of mass destruction, or chemical weapons, they were provided to Iraq by The United States.
Now, the American, Canadian, British, and French governments are trying to brainwash us again, into believing that Iran is on the cusp of developing their own nuclear bombs. Where’s the proof? Will it be as convincing as General Powell’s proof for invading Iraq? If it is, I would suggest getting a 3rd party to investigate.
THEY want to create a NEW war, for more of our men and women to go, and die. Why? Is Iran threatening to take over the world? Or even Northern Africa? No. That’s what Israel and The United States are doing. Conquering nation after nation. You’re just convinced they are quiet revolutions. Remember Iraq, Egypt, Yemen, Syria, and Libya?

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 09:20 AM
link   
reply to post by moondoggy2

The IAEA is a "third" party.

seconed line
edit on 11-11-2011 by TechniXcality because: (no reason given)

edit on 11-11-2011 by TechniXcality because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 09:45 AM
link   
Well, they use the Arabic alphabet in Iran with a few modifications so you are on the right track.

Crates of "freedom tools" sent to brave patriotic Arabs to defend themselves from invading bastard Zionist inspired dupes would have Persian words written on them not Made in the Racist State of Israel for example.

The scumbag bastard Zionists want to suck Americans into becoming another blood sacrifice on their alter and as you can see lots of stupid Americans on this forum want to die to please some arrogant Zionist bastard like netanyahu.

Originally posted by Power_Semi
One thing that gets me is that they showed photos on the news of weapons, etc supposedly supplied by Iran to "insurgents" in Iraq - the writing on the crates, etc was ALL in ENGLISH.

Since English is not the natural language of Iran, wouldn't the writing be in Arabic?

It seems very convenient that they've spray painted English words like IRAN on the crates so the folks at home can read it for themselves without it needing translation first.

Propaganda?

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 09:58 AM
link   
Exactly - MoonDoggy II.

The same scumbag Zionist bastards and their dupes who conned us into the failure of Iraq are not lying about Iran.

Well, a couple of the prominent scumbag Zionist bastards are dead now and in hell trying to con the devil out of something or taking a percentage of the heating bill.

I am thinking about lying bastard Bill Safire and the filty lying bastard Tom Lantos specifically.

Please don't think that all Zionists are not liars - they are. I am just pointing out that these two Zionists bastards did nothing but lie.

Originally posted by moondoggy2
reply to post by ignant

Do you remember the WMD in Iraq? Yeah, I don’t remember them either. Saddam Hussein got his neck stretched for something that DIDN’T exist…. And, even if there were weapons of mass destruction, or chemical weapons, they were provided to Iraq by The United States.
Now, the American, Canadian, British, and French governments are trying to brainwash us again, into believing that Iran is on the cusp of developing their own nuclear bombs. Where’s the proof? Will it be as convincing as General Powell’s proof for invading Iraq? If it is, I would suggest getting a 3rd party to investigate.
THEY want to create a NEW war, for more of our men and women to go, and die. Why? Is Iran threatening to take over the world? Or even Northern Africa? No. That’s what Israel and The United States are doing. Conquering nation after nation. You’re just convinced they are quiet revolutions. Remember Iraq, Egypt, Yemen, Syria, and Libya?

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 10:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Power_Semi

You are certain you remember this?

What makes me doubt you is that the natural language of Iran is Farsi (Persian) not Arabic

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by moondoggy2
reply to post by ignant

. Why? Is Iran threatening to take over the world? Or even Northern Africa? No.

Why yes they are as it turns out! - and this report does not even consider their real motivations ie the 12'ver maniacs who are running the country.

About the Author . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
v Acknowledgments . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
vii Executive Summary . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
ix 1. Introduction . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
1 2. Iran’s Worldview and Strategic Aspirations . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
3 3. Iran as a Nuclear Weapons State . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
9 Scenario 1: Iran pressures Gulf states to reduce or end the U.S. military presence . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
11 Scenario 2: Iran establishes a defense partnership with Iraq . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
13 Scenario 3: Iran extends its nuclear umbrella to encompass Hizballah and Hamas . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
15 Scenario 4: Iran and Venezuela expand strategic cooperation . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
18 Scenario 5: Iran facilitates terrorist attacks against the United States . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
21 4. U.S. Policy Considerations . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
23 5. Conclusion . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

www.washingtoninstitute.org...

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 10:57 AM
link   
reply to post by purplemer

Easy to be critical my little cupcake.

I would really appreciate it if you'd address me with a little more respect than this. We can have a heated debate without trying to insult each other.

The report was critical of itself..

The report also didn't attribute all 600,000 deaths to Coalition Forces.

But I DARE YOU to give me a higher caliber paper on the subject...

It's not a high caliber paper if the information on it isn't reliable. Just because it's a PR paper does not mean it is the end all be all of this debate.

Dice hairs all you want but the fact remains 600k Iraqis dead in our name

Looking at the facts is dicing hairs?
Again, the report ITSELF does not attribute all 600,000 deaths to Coalition action. You are misrepresenting the facts, sir.

and you are trying to defending it...

I was and still am against the Iraq War. It was a colossal waste of time, money and lives, and all we got out of it was 90,000 dead AQ and a whole bunch of debt.

top topics

<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join