It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Greeks claim having found Alexander the Great’s tomb, Ark of the Covenant any info?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 07:33 AM
link   
reply to post by iforget

The excavations in the island started in 2000 and it became known in about 2007.Of course mainstream media never talked about it.
It was never proven that the place was Alexander's tomb,at least back then.

The article about it is in Greek,but there are some pictures from the area.If it isn't Alexander's tomb there is definetely something there worth checking.

www.metafysiko.gr...

The two crosses are a sign of a tomb of an emperor.The first is the empirial cross and the second is a burial sign.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 07:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Phantom traveller

Thank you Phantom traveller I wish I could read those pages

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 09:22 AM
link   
reply to post by iforget

I tried a few different web page translators, only got one to work...

www.microsofttranslator.com...://www.metafysiko.gr/?p=1731

It's microsofttranslator.com if the link didn't pop up, I'm not all that tech savvy. Heading to read it now!

Kind of a tough read, translator obviously doesn't work perfectly. But the extremely short version is as follows...

Guys start excavating a spot after finding certain "markers". Find evidence that a lot of the stones are arranged by men. Move some of them, find a cave and are extremely intrigued. Get funding to do large excavation but can't get large equipment into the cave so they dig around outside until funding runs out. Get a second and larger round of funding but still can't do anything inside but do find small tunnels perpendicular to what they believe is the inner cave or corridor. Funding runs out again. They have a third and even larger source of funding lined up but it falls through due to arguments. The original guys believe there is something big down there due to markings that lend to an emperor's tomb, local legend, the location being in a triangle with other important sites in the area, and also dreams in which entities inviting them to the site. As far as I can tell no further excavations have been done to the area.

Regardless of being Alexander's tomb or containing the Arc of the Covenant, it still seems that there might be something cool down there. The way the article depicts the cave being insulated from humidity and stones being glued together make it seem someone tried pretty hard to conceal something, even if it was just a burial ground from the past. I hope someone continues the work and shed some light on what this is, who did it and for what reason!
edit on 10-11-2011 by Kindling because: read the article

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 08:38 PM
link   
Interesting article - did anyone else post this? (if so my apologies)

Huffington Post - An Unbelievable Ark Of The Covenant Announcement And 10 Relic Trips (PHOTOS)

The Focus Information Agency, a Bulgarian outfit not exactly renowned for accuracy, is reporting that Grekomania.ru, a Russian web portal that purports to be an "official information partner of the Ministry of Culture and Tourism of Greece," has claimed that a group led by Nikolaos Kumardzis, an archeologist apparently unaffiliated with any other dig, has identified one of the world's great treasures. At least one Armenian newspaper is running a similar story.

Also, an interesting theory by a new member - Here
edit on 10-11-2011 by Forevever because: emphasis

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 08:49 PM
link   
An unreliable news source? An amateur archaeologist? Alexander's tomb moved centuries after his death to the same site as the Ark?

I'd say the chances of this being true are impossibly slim.

I live and work (and studied) in Oxford. I occasionally speak to Robin Lane Fox in our local bookshop. He is one of the world's leading authorities on Alexander the Great. He thinks the tomb in under water off the coast of Alexandria, probably never to be found.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 11:30 PM
link   

announced Russian Grekomania.ru, which is information partner of the Greek Minister of Culture and Tourism.

Im sure the Minister of Culture and Tourism is already planning the gift shops and making some marketing calls to get some Greek Island vacations featured on the Price is Right.

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 08:34 PM
link   
www.metafysiko.org... This is a page in english..

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Ok. So anyone heard anything more on this disccovery? Can't seem to find anything new about it.

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 06:57 PM
link   
isn't the story that whoever possed the arc in battle would be invinsible? it would make sense Alexander the Great had it then...

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 12:48 AM
link   
last I heard the Ark was found in Iraq

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join