It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bright star next to the moon, something wrong?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 05:09 PM
link   
reply to post by AnonymousCitizen

Well I guess if I were in a rocker I'd be off it now . Thanks Citizen.

edit on 9-11-2011 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by FrankieNinja
The circle around the moon is actually a layer of very thin ice crystals (aka cloud) It is so thin that you cannot see the cloud, however, the refraction of the light from the moon (reflected sunlight) causes what appears to be a circular "halo" effect. It usually means a change in the weather is coming. Usually just before a cold front.

you learn something new everyday..

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 05:18 PM
link   
last night i was out looking at the moon as welli am in sweden mid country,jupiter was out but to the left of the moon ,not the right i had a glance at it.from about 630pm to about 800 pm.posible my angle for you to compare based on your location o yes and that cloud around the moon made it harder to see jupiter but better vew of the moon.
edit on 9-11-2011 by bumpufirst because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Misterlondon

Originally posted by FrankieNinja
The circle around the moon is actually a layer of very thin ice crystals (aka cloud) It is so thin that you cannot see the cloud, however, the refraction of the light from the moon (reflected sunlight) causes what appears to be a circular "halo" effect. It usually means a change in the weather is coming. Usually just before a cold front.

you learn something new everyday..

Google Image Search for "Halo around the Moon".

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 06:23 PM
link   
reply to post by BIGPoJo

Sorry I missed that reply for a sec. Now I remember that is right there where you showed me and I thank for the reply.

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hellhound604
picture from Cartes du Ciel.

You can see the moon, and Jupiter below it...

edit on 9/11/2011 by Hellhound604 because: (no reason given)

very nice
thank's

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 06:48 PM
link   
My add would be that I too...saw this tonight...Jupiter? Very bright and very prominent. Tonight whist driving home and glancing above its stature in the night sky gleamed brightly? Location: Cromer, Norfolk UK.

Greek mytho for Jupiter can be summed up at

en.wikipedia.org...(mythology)

Recorded history says that Jupiter posses:

"King of the gods, and the god of the sky and thunder. He is the equivalent of Zeus in the Greek pantheon."

My thoughts are that may be a warning following yu55 for times ahead (please delve into the theory etc.)

BBC news described today as yu55 having "strange structures" on as it flew past yesterday.

www.bbc.co.uk...

Sorry i do not mean to steal your thunder original threader but check this out on ATS to elaborate more on yu55

www.abovetopsecret.com...

JimJam

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 07:18 PM
link   
here's what the op wanted...
yes it's moved a bunch sideways, noticably.the moon went from 2 o'clock clear over to 10 o'clock or 9...in relation to jupiter...it moved the usual 50 minutes worth( 55 minutes of sun travel across the apparent sun path. I'm trying to figure the moon apparent travel north and south and how fast it can travel on that north south oscillation. Anyone know of any links that display this?,

edit on 9-11-2011 by GBP/JPY because: yahushua...our new King!

edit on 9-11-2011 by GBP/JPY because: yahushua...our new King!

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 12:55 AM
link   
reply to post by bluloa

Hello, new here and I've noticed the same thing and doing a search it brought me here to this site. Everyone is saying it is Jupiter, ok but is it really? Just because we are being told this is it really? Ihave been trying to remember had I seen this object as a child growing up and I honestly can't remember but more importantly why is this object all of a sudden being noticed by me and not before. Object also seems to flicker with a cycle. Is it Jupiter ok if that's what they say but I look at it this way- they tell us a lot of stuff that ain't true and we believe it because they tell us too.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 06:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by blkjaz
reply to post by bluloa

Hello, new here and I've noticed the same thing and doing a search it brought me here to this site. Everyone is saying it is Jupiter, ok but is it really? Just because we are being told this is it really? Ihave been trying to remember had I seen this object as a child growing up and I honestly can't remember but more importantly why is this object all of a sudden being noticed by me and not before. Object also seems to flicker with a cycle. Is it Jupiter ok if that's what they say but I look at it this way- they tell us a lot of stuff that ain't true and we believe it because they tell us too.

You can actually see some of the moons around Jupiter using a good pair binoculars if you care to find out for yourself. Some things are what "they" say they are....

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by bluloa

Originally posted by JibbyJedi
Jupiter is what is bright near the moon right now.
The moon's orbit and placement each day can't really be compared to Jupiter equally. Jupiter's orbit is very long and will appear to only move slightly each night, the moon will appear in dramatically different places each night.

But in this case Jupiter if thats what it is seems to be moving with the moon and staying in the same position, just off to the bottom right of the moon. Its almost as if where the moon goes it goes !

edit on 9-11-2011 by bluloa because: (no reason given)

that is completely normal.

The Moon generally moves at the same pace as the rest of the sky at night. I say "generally" because it does appear to move "more slowly" relative to the other stars, but it is at a very imperceptible pace.

That pace will be noticeable over the course of a 24-hour period, but not really noticeable to the eye while watching for a few hours in a given night -- unless you were taking precise measurements.

Tonight, the Moon will appear a little further "behind" (to the east of) Jupiter. The next night even more so. However, that movement is not easily perceived in one night.

EDIT TO ADD:
Jupiter, being a planet, will also move relative to the background stars. However, that movement is even less perceptible that the movement of the Moon. It takes several days (or even weeks) to easily perceive the difference in the location of Jupiter (or any planet) relative to the other stars.

edit on 11/10/2011 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by blkjaz
reply to post by bluloa

If it's not Jupiter, then where the heck is Jupiter?

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Soylent Green Is People

If it's not Jupiter, then where the heck is Jupiter?

..and what's it doing with Jupiter's moons?!

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 05:23 PM
link   
Its not near the moon now, not nearly as close as last night. It depends on what time it is, the moon is closer than Jupiter, of course it's going to move from our perspective faster than Jupiter moves.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join