It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Plane makers adopting new engines

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 03:45 PM
link   
The latest engine for the mid-range jet market dominated by B737 and A320 series is the LEAP-X - made by CFM international, a 50/50 joint venture between GE Engines and SNEMCA.

As this BBC article explains -

Nearly 2,000 of these engines have been ordered, enough to fill Snecma's order books for the next seven years.

"Their decision has been to re-engine, to answer the market's need for planes which are very robust in the face of high fuel prices," says Snecma's head of new commercial applications, Olivier Longeville.

how much is this advanced technology worth??

The aircraft manufacturers and the engine-makers are telling the airlines that with the 737Max or the A320neo, they can make annual savings of $7m on every plane.

With nearly 2000 engiens already ordered, that's in the vicinity of 1000 a/c, so potentially $7 billion savings per annum over current technology just from the initial tranche of orders!!

so what is the relevance to contrails & geo-engineering??

Well with higher propulsive efficiency comes more contrails (pdf download) - so our chemtrail community can expect to see more, and more and more contrails in eth sky.

And of course the meterological community can expect more studies of the effects of contrails on weather.

Just thought y'all would like to know this

Oh and the Chinese are buying the engine too - for their new 170-190 seat airliner the COMAC C919 - with 100 orders and 60 options so far, deliveries expected from 2016
edit on 9-11-2011 by Aloysius the Gaul because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 04:26 PM
link   
taking a deep breath, preparing myself for those conspiracy theories that will come up now

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hellhound604
taking a deep breath, preparing myself for those conspiracy theories that will come up now

OH EM GEE YEW GUISE! THEY'RE SPRAYING US WITH SOME UNKNOWN POISON FROM EVERY JET AIRCRAFT IN TEH WORLD! WHATS CONDENSATION? LOL.

Sorry, I just think the whole Chemtrail thing is horribly stupid. If they're spraying us with something then what is it? And if they are, how has nobody come forward in the 60+ years of jet aviation? Weren't a bunch of airline pilots marching with OWS a few weeks back because they thought they weren't being paid well enough? Plus, there are hundreds of thousands of people involved in the aviation industry, how do you keep ALL of them quiet?

Simple; you don't. There is no Chemtrail conspiracy.

/offtopic

Good to see that they're making these engines at least a teeny bit more efficient...

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 06:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Aloysius the Gaul

Aloysius,

I think I have proof that chemtrails are being sprayed and I witnessed this just a couple of days ago. Fortunately I took a picture, which I will provide. It follows a lead posted by another poster here recently who pointed out rather perceptively that chemtrails were being spread by engines, in his case he proved that the DC-10/MD-11 #2 (centre) engine was in fact fitted with an apparatus to spray with and in fact the centre engine on the MDC trijet was not needed for take off or normal flight. And so I sat with this thought in the back of my mind for some weeks until two days ago I was presented with the ultimate proof that chemtrail naysayers were wrong and in fact engines (or fake engines) are being used to spread chemtrails. And it has been right under all our noses all along. I saw a 747 being fitted with a fake extra engine. It looks from a distance like the real thing but if you look carefully you will see that it has no fan blades and is a slightly different colour. Whats more there appears to be a rounded doughnut like disk where the fan should be which I speculate is probably the spray head for the apparatus. Clearly the chemical is being pumped down the bolt on strut of the fake engine from tanks hidden inside the aircraft somewhere and sprayed out through the false engines bypass duct. From the ground it would be virtually impossible to see that an extra engine had been added and even around an airport who would be bothered to count the number of engines on each and every plane to notice? It's like the perfect crime right under peoples noses.It is my belief is that this is being done around the world all the time as we speak and no one knows it is happening.

You can clearly see in the pic that men are working on it and it appears to be disguised as an airliner. My bet is that they are adjusting the spray apparatus to give maximum effect so as to cover the widest area. But wait there is more. I also uncovered what I believe is proof that they are being more sophisticated with next generation aircraft and are incorporating the spray gear directly into the operating engines. Observe below.

Note in the above photo that on each engine there appears to be a series of 5 holes at approximately the 5 O'clock position and on the outboard engine there is also a thin black slit about halfway along the cowl at about the same clock position. This I believe is the latest generation spray gear that is being fitted to the Airbus A-380. There is no longer any need to add an additional fake engine as in the DC-10/MD-11 or 747, the gear can now be incorporated within existing engine cowls so it is virtually undetectable. I suspect that the next generation will probably be even more undetectable as in the 787 and A-350 so it may be impossible in future to even see any difference between a legitimate aircraft and a sprayer.

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 02:43 PM
link   
reply to post by thebozeian

Nice find - not something yo see often, and in fact although I know of it being done I dont' think I've ever actually seen a picture before.

In fact the 747 is fitted to carry an extra engine as external cargo.

What you see there is a cowling fittted to stop the engine rotating in flight from the airflow, and thus damaging its internal workings.

Airliners.net thread on the topic, and a picture in that thread where you can see the cowl fitted

A google search for "747 5th engine ferry" yeilds many more references.

Repeating that nonsense about the tail engine of a DC-10 "not being used for normal flight" just makes you look completely ignorant about aircraft!!

without knowing the details of the A380 engine cowl, the holes look like exhaust for the engine anti-ice to me - hot air is bled off the engine and passed through the leading edge of the cwoling, and has to exit somewhere

Edit to add: another airliners.net thread about engine ferrying - including photos of 797's, a DC-8 and DC-10 fitted with an "extra engine", and lots of comments by people why they dont' bother much any more - it sems it is usually easier & cheaper to ferry the a/c to the nearest base that can do the work, and/or contract another airline with the same type of a/c to supply a replacement engine on site from pooled spares.
edit on 16-11-2011 by Aloysius the Gaul because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aloysius the Gaul
reply to post by thebozeian

Nice find - not something yo see often, and in fact although I know of it being done I dont' think I've ever actually seen a picture before.

In fact the 747 is fitted to carry an extra engine as external cargo.

What you see there is a cowling fittted to stop the engine rotating in flight from the airflow, and thus damaging its internal workings.

Airliners.net thread on the topic, and a picture in that thread where you can see the cowl fitted

A google search for "747 5th engine ferry" yeilds many more references.

Repeating that nonsense about the tail engine of a DC-10 "not being used for normal flight" just makes you look completely ignorant about aircraft!!

without knowing the details of the A380 engine cowl, the holes look like exhaust for the engine anti-ice to me - hot air is bled off the engine and passed through the leading edge of the cwoling, and has to exit somewhere.
edit on 16-11-2011 by Aloysius the Gaul because: (no reason given)

Hey thanks for that info my man, never knew that!!!! My first impression when I saw that pic of the extra engine, that it was a fake, but that is why I am on ATS, en enlighten my mind

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 03:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Aloysius the Gaul

Nah, Lee knows plenty about aircraft. He also knows quite a bit about irony too

top topics

join