It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Warning! Meaningless rant ahead.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 03:41 PM
link   
I just got Modern Warfare 3 yesterday for my PS3 and while looking at the leader boards to see how people were managing in their first few days, I happen to see quite a lot of people already have over 6 thousand kills and have prestige multiple times. To make things worse there are already hackers that slow down the game once you start shooting them and you get killed in the process. Here is one of the hacks currently being used by such cheaters as they decimate other times with their shady tactics.

It's going to get worse before it gets better that's for sure. Well feel free to flame away for making such an inane thread but just wanted to let other gamers here know to beware of the hackers that haunt every corner of your Xbox/PS3.

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 03:56 PM
link   
I get accused wrongly of hacking often when playing FPS games all the time, the funny thing is ...I have never cheated in any of the FPS games I have played

I often see people that have terrible K/D ratios complaining about hackers, I think the primary reason they scram about hackers is that they are simply not very good at playing and like to blame their crappy tactics on other people.

With that being said, I saw nothing unusual about the video.
edit on 9-11-2011 by mileysubet because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Happens lots more on PS3 as its an unregulated gaming service... Xbox routinley ban people for such things!

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 04:19 PM
link   
So did you get the game at midnight like my family?...they were out there in the cold waiting with about 200 other people, and have noted the people already have hacks..

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 04:47 PM
link   
I got this game nearly a day after it came out and my lil bro said there was a line just to buy it. I think it all has to do with ones internet connection as well. I did pretty good in COD BO but this one I have had a shaky start. Only time will tell what new hacks or cheats will come into effect until the next COD come out.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 10:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Stop-loss!

Besides MOW being a totally inferior game compared to BF3 and games on PS3 being somewhat of a "children's version" of the PC originals
I'd like to add the following:
cheaters are everywhere, especially when the game is new. It's just like computer viruses; the counter measures are always five steps behind.
When I was running BF3 soon after its release, people had cheats that made them shoot anything that got in their perimeter. They didn't even have to point and/or click, just move across the field. How is that in any way worth doing? How is that even fun in any way?

Still, I read this comment from some guy who confessed to cheating in online FPS games; he was like: "I am 35 years old - most of my opponents are 15 or younger. I don't have the same hyper-activity as they and not the same reflexes any more. Cheating is just a way to even out the odds".

I feel that guy, at least in some sense of it. Though I'd say the game loses a lot of its purpose when you cheat. It is supposed to be hard, but not that hard as in fighting the legions of wall-hack and aimbots.

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Raud
reply to post by Stop-loss!

Besides MOW being a totally inferior game compared to BF3 and games on PS3 being somewhat of a "children's version" of the PC originals
I'd like to add the following:
cheaters are everywhere, especially when the game is new. It's just like computer viruses; the counter measures are always five steps behind.
When I was running BF3 soon after its release, people had cheats that made them shoot anything that got in their perimeter. They didn't even have to point and/or click, just move across the field. How is that in any way worth doing? How is that even fun in any way?

Still, I read this comment from some guy who confessed to cheating in online FPS games; he was like: "I am 35 years old - most of my opponents are 15 or younger. I don't have the same hyper-activity as they and not the same reflexes any more. Cheating is just a way to even out the odds".

I feel that guy, at least in some sense of it. Though I'd say the game loses a lot of its purpose when you cheat. It is supposed to be hard, but not that hard as in fighting the legions of wall-hack and aimbots.

Damn! Hope I don't lose my reflexes when I turn 35 but I see your point. I've been doing better these past few months since I first got the game and so far things are looking better. I still die a lot when the connection is in the opponents favor but that's what I get for living in the ghetto. Looking forward to the next COD but hopefully they install better counter-measures to cheats than the last few.

top topics

join