It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unemployment & Job problems

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 07:52 AM
link   
no the reasons are more that .the cost of everythng is rising. not taxes. if you are making the same money as last year but your basic expenses for your everyday work rises then you are losing money. my husbands business expenses were raised for gas, supplies, insurance, etc. our taxes have not changed. when you go from 200/mo for gas to almost 500/mo. and your income does not rise thats a 300 debt that still has to be covered. i have no problem with taxes being raised because since bush gave us thoses tax cuts my local and state taxes have gone up to compensate. the local taxes have more of an impact on me than fed. level taxes.

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 08:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by wantthetruth
no the reasons are more that .the cost of everythng is rising. not taxes. if you are making the same money as last year but your basic expenses for your everyday work rises then you are losing money. my husbands business expenses were raised for gas, supplies, insurance, etc. our taxes have not changed. when you go from 200/mo for gas to almost 500/mo. and your income does not rise thats a 300 debt that still has to be covered. i have no problem with taxes being raised because since bush gave us thoses tax cuts my local and state taxes have gone up to compensate. the local taxes have more of an impact on me than fed. level taxes.

wantthetruth,

what state do you live in? I'm willing to bet you live in a democratic state. the reason why your taxes have not changed is because Bush is in the Whitehouse. If Kerry is Elected, you will pay more taxes. I agree with you, the cost of things are going up, but this is due to having to pay for additional taxes, mainly on the state level. I know that in Maryland, we pay more for gas than Virginina because Maryland wants more money. I see that the unemployment rate is now at 5.4%, Bush's is getting things back to where they should be.

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 08:59 AM
link   

I find it Ironic that Democrats would complain about jobs and still want to raise taxes. Has it ever occured to you that if you stimulate Businesses that more jobs would be created. The reason why most mom and Pop businesses go out of business is because they can't afford the taxes. We need to stop the class warfare that the Democrats love,

I recall that Kerry said he wanted to reduce the 'middle class' taxes, and roll back the tax cuts to the super wealthy. This would not be 'raising taxes' to my mind. I could barely tell I had a tax cut.

The rich folks that I know seem to 'gobble up' more than their share of government services. They get a bigger share of police 'protection', fire protection, the county work crews take more care in the nicer neighborhoods. If a dead deer needs to be removed from the roadside near my house, I have to ask my well-to-do neighbor to call.

When we needed a sign to alert busy traffic to a hidden school bus stop, we were told, "It's not worth the taxpayers money." But the well to do guy got a 'horse crossing' sign, and when the mansion went in on the hill next door, the county could suddenly put up three street signs - undoubtly to alert the weathly party goers where to turn.

I have worked for some wealthy republican Mom&Pop operations. When times were good, they all got new rolexes, reduced our health plan and reduced expensive full-time employees to part time or sub-contractor status. ( their big tax cut might have gone toward new cars, or new watches, or nice vacations, but I really doubt it went for any job creation-unless you count the boss's wife's new nose job)

During Clinton's term, they made so much money that they 'had to pay taxes for the first time!' It nearly killed them. They over extended the co. debt to aquire other businesses--not creating jobs, just buying ones that already existed. They fell prey to a take over, cashed out the 'stock' that they had 'awarded' themselves and left town.

The new owners condensed the operation, keeping younger, cheaper workers, letting go those nearing 10 years of service. ( I went from a $10/hr job to $7/hr at another Mom&Pop operation. That one went out of business because they hired too many people and couldn't meet payroll after the co. paid for their cars, their house and their insurance-while the employees there had no insurance.

My husband's employer has bought out 2 other plants ( in Fla and Mass.) Closed both, sending 90% of those workers packing. The 'work orders' had gone overseas.

The county here has had 8 closings, lost 3000 jobs since '01. There is a 'string' of houses in the neighborhood that have been for sale for 2 years or more. The news this morning said new car sales were way down.

Oh yeah, the economy is just great!!
And about that 'class warfare'--we don't love it, we're the ones taking a beating!!

[edit on 3-9-2004 by frayed1]

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 09:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by jrsdls
I see that the unemployment rate is now at 5.4%, Bush's is getting things back to where they should be.

I just saw Bush speaking live in Pennsylvania. Of course they were appluding every sentence regardless of what it was.

He said: The unemployment rate is 5.3 %... And before he could finish whatever his thought was, everyone started clapping.

I know there's some analysis in there that didn't come out, or message about why that's a good thing but I just couldn't help but notice the didn't wait for that.

They were applauding unemployment.

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 09:14 AM
link   
frayed1, sorry about your situation. I have been there. I was unemployed for about 9 months. In my case, I worked for a Democrat, and I was let go because he could not afford to pay all the taxes. The sad part of all of this, the middle class pays the majority of taxes. real Rich people do not pay taxes. they have loop holes to get out of it. I would like to see a flat tax that everyone had to pay.

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 03:59 PM
link   

They were applauding unemployment.

Hi. girlieman?
You're so right. Unemployment and poverty is all ok as long as its being led by George. The heroe of our present times.
I say applaud all you want, do it fast, he's not long for the White house

top topics

<< 1   >>

join