It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unemployment & Job problems

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 04:59 PM
link   
unemployment THis is so you can see how unemployment and bad economy is shaping up.

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 05:02 PM
link   
more coverups about jobs I feel everyone should be advised of the real truth.

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Anyone discussing the economy is a homosexual.

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Nah, Rant, I'm just a sissy girl, girl!

I know, Arnold is a sissy and a closet homosexual. Film at 11

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 05:21 PM
link   
It constantly amazes me how Bush's supporters follow him so blindly.
If he is elected again, I sure hope that he starts takeing care of the citizens here better. Maybe he has some kind of plan about the economy and the employment rate. If so then he better hurry and unveil it.
I'm sure some of the undecided are waiting to hear something about that too.

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 05:22 PM
link   
Oops! I forgot...guess I'm a "girly-woman"? Whatever...

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 05:45 PM
link   
Elaine, i sure hope he has a plan.. but not to sound pessimistic, If he didnt help the country when he was seeking re-election, why would he do it now that he'll have 4 more years and wont care about re-election?

I wish I could trust him. I grew up with many different presidents, and not ONCE, have I ever felt the need to post anything, to talk to my neighbors or to "bash" anybody before. This bashing(as the Repubs call it) is a way to vent frustrations people have. And no matter how lies are exposed his "followers" come to the rescue and DOUBLE-BASH us.

Everything is a lie. See my posts today about the unemployment problems. and you know whats even scarier? the fact that they go on National tv and CLAIM everything's getting better!!!!!
Then, 2 days later, you find out the truth. sick

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 05:56 PM
link   
Well dgtempe, I guess I'm trying not to be too pessimistic either. I don't like haveing to bash Bush either. If I was'nt aware of some of the nutty things he's been doing I would'nt be. The internet has made it possible for everyone to really see what the politicians are doing. It's frustrateing that alot of people could find out the truth for themselves but they don't bother.
I wanted Al Gore for president. I voted for him. I felt that Bush stole the election.
My brother was in the Gulf War under the "Daddy Bush". I worried about him everyday until he got home. And believe me my brother has nothing to nice to say about either of the Bushs. And he told me some things that went on during that fiasco that the media did'nt or was'nt allowed to cover.
I don't care that the Republicans call me names. It just shows how immature they are and how they really don't give a rat for trying to look at the other side's view.

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 08:26 PM
link   
Elaine- you're right about everything you said.

Yes, he did steal the election. He will steal this one too, one way or another.
We'll see how this comedy of horrors develops.

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 08:42 PM
link   
Ah yes, our economy sucks.

Currently I have 3 children and no income at all. lol My bank account read less than $20 and my husband is a full time student. Oh what to do. God will provide. No reason to cry about it, that won't solve the problems. Just got to keep your chin up, be grateful for what you do have and try to make your life better.

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 08:54 PM
link   
We're talking about the fact that this government lies about it.
OPENLY, on national tv.

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 09:07 PM
link   
Waaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhh! The President ruined my life
Yeah, and Bush stole the election, even though ALGORE couldn't carry his own state. His own people wanted Bush over him. If ALGORE wins Tennessee, his home state, Florida doesn't matter!

BTW the unemployment rate is only 5.5% and it has been proven that 5% of the population does not want to work!

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 09:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
We're talking about the fact that this government lies about it.
OPENLY, on national tv.

Again, not attacking, but how is the government lying about the economy? Your link even states that the higher unemployment numbers are due to the hurricane.

Also, how did he steal the election? It must have been a supreme Republican scheme to get Al Gore's home state to vote for Bush.

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 10:13 PM
link   
Waaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhh! The President ruined my life Yeah, and Bush stole the election, even though ALGORE couldn't carry his own state. His own people wanted Bush over him. If ALGORE wins Tennessee, his home state, Florida doesn't matter!

BTW the unemployment rate is only 5.5% and it has been proven that 5% of the population does not want to work!

See what I mean?
Ok I've listened to Bush's speech. Let's hope he really does help the poor and unemployed IF elected.

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 10:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Carseller4

What percentage is it of those who were getting unemployment but their benefits ran out and they still can't find work?

Is that included in your 5.5%? Or is that a different percentage entirely?

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 11:03 PM
link   
Well, according to the US census Bureau, Americans have less money, less jobs and over all are poorer.
I',m glad you dont suffer from any of this. I do worry about others.

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 11:19 PM
link   
Oh some of us suffer my friend. We suffer plenty. We used to live paycheck to paycheck. To dream of having a paycheck, my husband hasn't gotten a paycheck since August of last year! lol That's along time to go with no dinero, ya know what I'm saying?

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 11:50 PM
link   
i live in s.c. the numbers here are high. we are still losing jobs, we hear it every few days. more mom&pop businesses are closing everyday. towns are shutting down. our food stamp rolls have doubled-not welfare- working families who just don't make enough anymore. people who run out of benefits and are still looking for work are NOT counted. those numbers are not told because the jobless rates would skyrocket. we have alot of military bases here and most of these families are on food stamps/welfare, military families who are deployed are losing their homes because the money they are getting is below what they are use to getting and they are losing everything. its bad, but you won't hear it from the repubs or the wealthy, because everything bush has done has been for the wealthy. they are getting the breaks that the working poor and mid income americand need to survive.

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 11:58 PM
link   
In the Phoenix newspaper, the employment ad section is huge. When you look thru it, its all scams scams and more scams. Its either jobs as extras in movies(ya, that pays well) or telemarketing (right) or become rich in 10 days. Its loaded with crap that anyone trying to make money to support a family cant take.. The 3 or 4 real genuine positions there are are just bait. When you go apply for these, they tell you, well, we're not hiring now, but when we do we'll keep you in mind. Then, if you luck out and they do call you back, there are 300,000 applicants.

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 06:57 AM
link   
I find it Ironic that Democrats would complain about jobs and still want to raise taxes. Has it ever occured to you that if you stimulate Businesses that more jobs would be created. The reason why most mom and Pop businesses go out of business is because they can't afford the taxes. We need to stop the class warfare that the Democrats love, Take from the taxes payers to pay the government more so they can complain about jobs.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join