It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Truth Is Viral - Libya: The Real Story

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 08:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

Ah but if there smart or even competent, then they would best invest that oil money back into there own infrastructure system and country, like Libya was trying to do. Because yes eventually it will run out, and when it does then nobody will be all that interested in Libya. Why do you think america is using up "others" natural resources first before they really get down to using whats under there feet?

Were do you think the majority of the oil revenues, and all there other energies will be going and siphoned to. Now that Libya has been liberated? Really they build at least some major water aqueducts under Qaddafi but when it all dries up, what then? Do you think anybody will be felling sorry to there situation in the future when they have nothing anybody wants? .....Hey at least they will have sand to trade with, and look forward to.

But sand has it's own secret's as well.

Really you best hope your own leaders at least have a little bit of sense, instead of the papered silly childlike minds that the majority seem to have. Because it's coming down the line. And eventually you all will have to do what will be the most difficult and dangerous thing you have done in like forever....And that is...Actually rely on them and there decisions to move forward.
Sorry the game is fixed, but it was not all fixed toward bad.

Inward introspect and revision would be advised for all things concerned. For the times, they are a changing.

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 08:53 PM
link   
reply to post by AboveTopSecret.com

Good vid and was obvious to many from the start..

Maybe more will be awake when it comes to Iran..

That's the next target for the same scam.

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 09:08 PM
link   
This video is great and should be viral.

But when you say that they made the soldiers eat their "dead compatriot" I think that is just ammo for debunkers to claim the rest of the video is bunk. I know the word compatriot can mean "colleague" which could be a freindly dog. But the showing 1-2 seconds of the video is kind of shady. They weren't forced to eat their fellow dead compatriot (as in fellow countryman or citizen) as you say. It was a dog was it not??

None the less it is absolutely atrocious, just un-human and these people are scum of the earth. But why exaggerate? We already have all we need without beefing it up.

My honest opinion anyway.

Great OP still...thanks for the video and info, S&F!

edit on 9-11-2011 by godfather420 because: (no reason given)

Omg after looking at the video questioning myself yet again, that last crate does look like it is in fact a human on it. Wow that is just nasty and I offer my apologies. I knew I seen a dog head and thought it was the extent of the video. I in no way thought that they had "stations" set up with lines of people that they just wanted to humiliate.

Again great OP.
edit on 9-11-2011 by godfather420 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 09:27 PM
link   
reply to post by godfather420

No it was not a dog, it was a human being. The clip I showed was clearly a hand being bitten into. There were so many terrible images I wanted to show - and planned to show - but even I must abide by the T&C of ATS; I'm not a special case in any regard, just a member like yourself sharing what I know.

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 09:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by OldCorp

No it was not a dog, it was a human being. The clip I showed was clearly a hand being bitten into. There were so many terrible images I wanted to show - and planned to show - but even I must abide by the T&C of ATS; I'm not a special case in any regard, just a member like yourself sharing what I know.

Simply repulsive!

These are the types of people our government supports why???

What kind of miserable human beings are willing and capable of such grotesque atrocities as we have witnessed in Libya?

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 09:43 PM
link   
reply to post by AllUrChips

I feel the same way, other than my girlfriend, my brother, and my mother, everyone else thinks Im nuts when I try to bring this up or they simply dont care. Before long, the discussion gets heated and has to come to an end. Its quite exhausting.

Bob, great job with the video. Ive known pieces and parts of this story, but wasnt able to tie it up nicely like you have done. Ill try to share it with as many people as I can.

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 09:46 PM
link   
reply to post by OldCorp

Yes yes my apologies again.

OldCorp when I look at these videos I only do so for verification and to not bury my head in the sand. So once my mind thinks I have the point I shut it off. But when I made that claim I had to go back and make sure that I didn't do just that (bury my head in the sand)...so I watched the whole gruesome thing and it just doesn't surprise me anymore.

Sometimes I just want to be a part of the sheeple and pretend it isn't happening...and that is the side that was just displayed here.

Dog or human being, it is just sick. But at least the chinese make dog seem not that bad? Ya know?

Sorry again for that...and like I said great op!

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Have we been sold a lie that capitalism is the best financial system? Or is it that the bankers just hijacked our capitalist system, and corrupted our governments? Libya has it right. Natural resources of a country should belong to and benefit those of our country. I am not sure property rights should extend to natural resources. These natural resources could fund an entire nation without any debt.

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 09:55 PM
link   

No, that was not a dog and definately a human corpse.

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 10:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Regenstorm

Originally posted by arbiture

It seems "The CIA" gets blamed for everything, and credit for nothing. While some of their actions have been down right stupid, opportunistic and just plain silly, some have not. The effective stuff one never gets credit for. As for identification of Al Qaeda as an operator in getting rid of Kadafi (never knew how to spell that name, at least now won't have to) and the general over through of the government there, I don't buy it, because it makes no sense. Many of the players are well known, like NATO. The UK was a major player, along with several other NATO members. France who is not even in NATO but has an independent deterrent and C&C structure. We (NATO) and France do cooperate in a number of areas however. I need a lot more then a contrived video which anyone can put together to consider that as likely.

The CIA is just the puppet/executing department of TPTB, just like most governments and other institutions.

OK, and what. This is a surprise? All entities, as in "TPTB" have institutions that do their bidding, for good or ill. You know the line; "he's a son of a bitch, but he's our sob"...

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 10:09 PM
link   
reply to post by OldCorp

Excellant video, well done, however, I think you've just scrapped the top of the surface re the Qataries and Al Qaeda figures.

How the hell our western Govts (including here in Australia) support this new regrime in Libya is mind boggling....what the hell is going through their heads? What kind of people are leading our Govts? Makes my stomach crawl when I heard Juliar Gillard come right out on state TV in support of this new regrime in Libya, next minute she's kissing up to Obama at the G20 meeting.

So who's the next ally and friend going to found in a pot hole? No nation anywhere in the Middle East is going to be left untouched.

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 10:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by bluemirage5
reply to post by OldCorp

Excellant video, well done, however, I think you've just scrapped the top of the surface re the Qataries and Al Qaeda figures.

How the hell our western Govts (including here in Australia) support this new regrime in Libya is mind boggling....what the hell is going through their heads? What kind of people are leading our Govts? Makes my stomach crawl when I heard Juliar Gillard come right out on state TV in support of this new regrime in Libya, next minute she's kissing up to Obama at the G20 meeting.

So who's the next ally and friend going to found in a pot hole? No nation anywhere in the Middle East is going to be left untouched.

Oh I know I've only scratched the surface. I found out even more about the Qatari Army connection in the last few days, unfortunately after the video was sent to my editor. This whole thing stinks to high heaven, and to think that my government is ultimately responsible for all of the suffering in Libya right now makes me sick; even more so because they were working with al-Qaeda to do it. We're supposed to be killing these people, not helping them take over governments. I thoughts that's what Afghanistan was all about.

Assad has quite a bit to worry about IMO, even more than Ahmadinejad.

The duplicity is enough to drive you insane.
edit on 11/9/2011 by OldCorp because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 10:30 PM
link   

Good show as always but I do have a few questions.

#1 - Where did you obtain the information in the begining regarding free housing, the $500 and $50k amounts, the free elctricity etc? Where did you obtain the information regarding the education stats? Health care stats? Were they from Libyan sources / UN sources / US Department of State sources? CIA sources?

How come you give the stats after saying the MSM is lying only to state even if its propoganda and then going into the pipeline project?

#2 - You claim in the video Libya held no foreign debt -
Russia writes off 4.5 Billion USD in Libyan debt - 2008 US Today Article

$5.884 billion (31 December 2009 est.)

$6.386 billion (31 December 2010 est.)

I can list more countries if need be. Bulgaria is the latest country that was aksed to reconsider refinancing Libyan debt.

#3 - You also claim Libya used its oil wealth to fund everything, when in fact Ghadaffi had siphoned massive amounts of money from the oil profits and placed it in his pesonal accounts around the globe. So to correct the info no, Ghaddafi did not use all oil wealth to the benefiet of the Libyan people.

#4 - No WMDs located in Iraq - US did find wmd's in Iraq
Un Resolution 1441 was based on Resolution 660, Resolution 661, Resolution 678, Resolution 686, Resolution 687, Resolution 688, Resolution 707, Resolution 715, Resolution 986, and Resolution 1284.

Can you show me where in those UN resolutions it states Iraq is allowed to have just small quantities of WMD's? Ive been through them and im certain they state no WMD programs - period, and list what is considered a WMD.

Did I miss something or is wikileaks telling a fib?

#5 - Reason Bush invaded Iraq - Assasination attempt on his father. Bush Sr. was out of office when the assasination attempt occured. Clinton didnt bother responding to it, and was himself targeted for assasination at a meeting in Manilla in the Phillipines. That was linked back to Al Queida. Contrary to your cherry picked clips about Bush and the wmd / assasination comments, there is nothing to link those comments to our actions in Iraq, aside from the WMD report and the subsequent release of classified documents wikileaks obtained that showed wmds in Iraq.

If your going to use sound bites, would it be out of line to request you not truncate them? The WMD comment was from the National Press Correspondants dinner. While in bad taste, you are taking it out of context to support your claim.

#6 - Hussein and Euros -
Source

Iraq says it will no longer accept dollars for oil because it does not want to deal "in the currency of the enemy."

The switch to euros would cost the U.N. a small fortune in accounting-paperwork changes. It would also reduce the interest earnings and reparations payments that Iraq is making for damage it caused during the Gulf War, a shortfall the Iraqis would have to make up.

The move hurts Iraq, the U.N. and the countries receiving reparations. So why is Saddam doing it? Diplomatic sources say switching to the euro will favor European suppliers over U.S. ones in competing for Iraqi contracts, and the p.r. boost that Baghdad would probably get in Europe would be another plus.

It goes a little bit beyond the simple excuse of blaming the "bankers". You failed to take into account the countries receiveing reparations from Iraq as well as the UN. Is there any particular reason you left out all the info except the stuff that targets the US and bankers?

Also, a country can choose what ever currency it wants when it comes to foreign sales. Just as Russia and China did when it came to trade between their countries. They no longer sell using dollars, so again not sure where you are getting the all or nothing approach from.

#7 - Terrorist being let out of jail. Any reason you highlight this point while ignoring the mercenaries Ghaddafi hired to fight / kill people? Any particular reason you concentrate on the US actions while ignoring all others?

- If Ghaddafi is concerned about his countrymen, why did amnesty international link 25 assasinations in foreign countries back to Khaddafi. The 25 assasinated belonged to opposition parties to his rule.
- How abou some of the bodies being dug up who were executed after being captured during the uprising in the mid 1990s?

Ill leave it at this for now. As always, good video and info. Please dont take my questions as attacking you personally. Just asking about some of the discrepancies im noticing.

Thanks for any response.

REspects

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 10:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

A well crafted post like that deserves a response in kind. I shall tackle it first thing tomorrow Xcath.

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 10:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by smurfy

Originally posted by arbiture

"As for identification of Al Qaeda as an operator in getting rid of Kadafi (never knew how to spell that name, at least now won't have to) and the general over through of the government there, I don't buy it, because it makes no sense."

Well Bobby gave the names of two Al Qaeda members, who are now prominent in the new leadership, so if you don't buy it, at least check them out that is first base, and yes, I am endeavouring to do the same.
edit on 9-11-2011 by smurfy because: Text.

I will check them out, as best I can given what's available as identifiers in the OS media. And the names of the members were obtained how? Any one can post a name, or do interesting things with video. Also the new government of Libya remains very factionalized. A real tug-of-war to see how the power base shakes out. I never blatantly discount everything, some of the more "outrageous and out there stuff" CAN be true. In fact disinformation relies on saying what may be true but sounds so "coo-coo" as to be dismissed out of hand. At the same time, give the people with their own agenda, a need to blame someone and it's easy to tag the villain of the month, or year as it may be. CIA is a favorite and they aren't even the major U.S. intelligence actors, at least the "official ones" so if they need something they may farm it out to DIA@the DOD, they have more field staff, and can call on numerous other DOD&State Department assets, at least thats a "reliable rumor" that I heard.

But like anything else checking sources is really important. The info. may still be wrong but if you can verify it with several actors on the ground, news people are good for this, though they often encrypt any contact w/base be it BBC, CNN, etc. But it would surprise most if they know how easy it is to get certain stuff. If you have a reporter's name, they often use their "real" name, most who know thats not a good idea don't. First the type of topics they cover, if they specialize and often people who report from political "hot zones" have a social, political, or sometimes language "tag". (Makes sense to me...) Then the region or in some cases city/field or national capital,, his/her company "tag line" or rapid identifier (usually a company communications identifier not the same as the "name" that serves to authenticate the person, but you seldom need this), you can sometimes get the "raw" news as it goes from field to reporter/supervisor desk. A lot is just sent over the net. These guys really have to be careful sending certain stuff over the open net and unencrypted.

Thanks; Arbiture

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 10:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by OldCorp
reply to post by Xcathdra

A well crafted post like that deserves a response in kind. I shall tackle it first thing tomorrow Xcath.

No worries man - take your time and respond to the questions as you see fit. I dont want to be a pain in your side and im not trying to derail the thread or your videos. From the forums we both know how each other thinks and to an extent political / moral views.

I am just curious to see how you form your position on some of the topics and what sources you get the info from. I think with some of these topics its good to see the info from all sides, even sources we normally dont care for (PressTV comes to mind for me).

For me anyways these types of conversations allow me to learn. Its always good in my book to find a person who is on the other side of the fence who can exaplin what the view from over there looks like. As the saying goes, sometimes its impossible to see the trees while standing in the middle of the forest.

Anways, thanks for the response. I appreciate it.

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 10:50 PM
link   
This helps, from AP. It has marketing in it, meant for research.

Mentions in end supporters of Gadhafi.

Poor Libyans hope revolution will improve services

* AP foreign, Thursday September 22 2011

BEN HUBBARD

www.guardian.co.uk/world/feedarticle/9860618

(...)

Libya boasts Africa's largest proven oil reserves and produced 1.6 million barrels daily before the anti-Gadhafi revolt erupted in mid-February. Last year, Libya raked in $40 billion from oil and gas exports — a fortune from which many Libyans say they've seen little benefit.

Libya expert Ronald Bruce St John said Gadhafi's regime wasted money over the years in countless ways: Spending lavishly on ill-designed building projects; stocking unsustainable arsenals; and bankrolling the lavish lifestyles of Gadhafi's family members and associates.

At the same time, the regime failed to invest in education, develop the economy and build strong communications and transportation infrastructure.

"This is the major development failure of the Gadhafi regime," he said.

Before the uprising, Libya ranked 53 out of 169 countries in the United Nations Human Development Index, just behind Uruguay, Palau and Cuba, countries with no significant oil wealth. Most Gulf Arab nations ranked higher, with per capita incomes more than twice as high — though Libya slipped in ahead of oil giant Saudi Arabia because of a longer life expectancy and longer schooling, despite the kingdom's higher per capita income.

Even in the relatively affluent coastal cities where most Libyans live, residents bemoan their bumpy roads, bad schools and poor infrastructure.

(...)

In the end, they didn't search the home, though a commander told the angry men standing at the door they'd have to give up their guns and not fly Gadhafi's flag.

"That flag has been there 20 years, so why should we take it down now?" one replied. "In this house, we still love Moammar."

Awidat, the military council head, said the fighters planned to chip away at the remaining support for Gadhafi by bringing aid. Once the villages are secure, he said, the fighters will truck in gasoline, food and medicine.

The aid is badly needed — as is longer term development.

Abdel-Qadir Hussein, a high school teacher in the 3,000-person town of Tarut, said plumbing was only installed in part of the town last year and that the local clinic hadn't had a doctor in years, forcing locals to drive long distances for medical care.

Still he said, only about half the town supported the revolution — something the arrival of services could change.

(...)

edit on 9-11-2011 by jjjtir because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 11:04 PM
link   
Thank you for this video... it is simply the truth.

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 11:45 PM
link   
ggggggrrrrr.....!

THIS IS THE TIME THAT I CURSE UNCAPPED INTERNET ACCESS like never before!!!!!!

I suppose everyone already knows that I am the strawberry cookie in the chocolate chip box that can't watch the vid.
Have followed the conversation and will keep this vid on hold for my end of the month hope-there's-enough-credit-left-to-watch-this-very-important-one.

Without having had the privagledge to watch this vid, I feel totally convinced that this is what I have been waiting for. My gut has told me the hitman aimed their little evil arrows at a country where people flourished.

Instead of using them as a role model to shape our disasterous economies (where I cannot even afford uncapped) they flattened them!!! Agggggh!

Sorry, must agree with the disgust exressed by a previous (American) poster. (Hi, to you! Can see your avatar pic with your warrior outfit in front of my eyes but this tiny memory capacity fails to bring up your name. Unity? If not, please accept appology. You have proved very firm all along about this issue, and yah! here is the proof! Oi! Sorry Old Corp, just got it right. Not Unity.)

Sometimes America appears to be a massive gigantic parasite that just has to have it all!
shluuuuuuuuurp! Just gobbled up another country.....
edit on 9-11-2011 by UnlimitedSky because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 11:48 PM
link   
How do members of the CIA do these things and not ask questions or feel remorse? I just don't understand this type of mentality, it's beyond comprehension.

How exactly are CIA members being controlled? Compartmentalization?
edit on 9-11-2011 by L00kingGlass because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join