It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

smear campain being waged against OWS, is expected and anticipated

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 02:09 PM
link   
when you own the media it makes smear campains very easy,
the difference is on the net there is less control of the naritive of "the story"
and this is very frighning for any govenemnt used to telling the people "how it is" using the MSM.

when people on the net decide to get orginized their is no "control" as in a news presenter is told what to say from a tele-promter, there is no naritive or "story" to sway public opinion in the desired direction.

this means that people have to make up their own minds as to what is true and what is not.

it has been shown that the move away from MSM to the internet has reduced the ability to sway public opinion and direct a naritive.

this "control" tactic has been used ever since the first tv was switched on and people were carefully told things in such a way as to spin the naritive to the advantage of the owners of the broudcaster.

along comes the internet, and comunication changed from the top down control of a nation through their tvs and from the "trust" of their presenter,
to every person having the ability to create their own narritive, their own thread, and communicate on mass with like minded people.

this challenges the control of a nation by controlling the narritive on the net.
how would you control the narritive?
we have all heard of govenment employing specially designed tecnology that allows for multipul accounts to "hijack" the narritive, and where possable flood the net with "sock pupppet" accounts who agree with them selves and pat themselves on the back in threads so any reader is left thinking there is a concensus of the naritive that is being pushed.

i can and have seen this type of behavour at other sites where i have been testing a method to detect a user on their grammer and punctuation and posting syles.

i would like to see a program designed to analyse posts with sock puppets in mind to expose the "puppetry" that seeks to control the narative or just to bury a thread in mental self masterbation.

my opinion is that it would take an army of sock puppet accounts to be effective at controlling the naritive on the net, and we know that special programs are in use.

so can we do something to expose the puppets?
so that the real narritive can be discussed?

xploder

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by XPLodER

If the people making OWS look bad truly don't represent OWS, then no puppets need exposed. OWS just needs to throw the problem causers out. Simple.

If you don't throw them out, their actions reflect the group. Simple.

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 02:33 PM
link   
reply to post by GringoViejo

i do beleive that any trouble makers are expelled from the occupy movement,
that said what do you think of the control mecanism of controlling the narritive on the net using sock puppet armies to destroy debate and to steer the public opinon away from the movement?

xploder

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by XPLodER
reply to post by GringoViejo

i do beleive that any trouble makers are expelled from the occupy movement,

Believe it all you want. The rate of crime suggests otherwise, but its hardly empirical.

that said what do you think of the control mecanism of controlling the narritive on the net using sock puppet armies to destroy debate and to steer the public opinon away from the movement?

I don't put much stock in it. I don't find it hard to believe that there are a few more people on this site that think like me, and ATS is hardly important enough to be a target for what you are suggesting.

top topics

join