It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Boy who cried Wolf – and how it applies to EVERY failed prediction and prophecy

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 01:34 PM
link   

We live in interesting times, folks. Since Humanity is at the crossroads of great change or disaster, predictions of doom and gloom are posted almost everyday around the internet.

And loads of disappointment when they fail to fulfil.

But if you take a step back and examine the scenes - All these failed predictions even when they had such "compelling evidence" put forth, were actually telling us something.

Whoever initially started these "predictions and fear mongering" topics on Comet Elenin, Asteroid YU55 and the events of 2012, obviously or unknowingly played out the classic "The Boy who cried Wolf" scenario (Not meaning to discredit those ATS authors, you guys are still cool
).

So that when most people take the bait, they will be greatly disappointed if these predictions fail to fulfil, hence are more sceptical when future similar predictions and warnings are spread out. I know I had my share of doom and gloom threads, but I learnt my lesson.

So what is the story behind "The Boy who cried Wold?"

This ancient story was originally written by Aesop who lived in Greece sometime during 620 BCE - 560 BCE

The tale concerns a shepherd boy who tricks nearby villagers into thinking a wolf is attacking his flock. He repeats this so many times that when the sheep are actually confronted by a wolf, the villagers do not believe his cries for help and the flock is destroyed.

The Boy who cried Wolf

The moral of the story? It just goes to show that this is how liars are rewarded: even if they were telling the truth, no one would believe them because they cried "wolf" too many times.

IMHO this is a VERY CLEVER social programming tactic implemented by the TPTB and unknowingly by the people themselves, so that we become further sceptical and even deny any such future predictions and warnings as we would have gone through so many failed ones.

-> When 9/11 happened - people connected the dots only after the events.

-> When the Japan Fukushima Earthquake, Tsunami and radiation disaster happened - people connected the dots only after the events.

-> When Andres Breivik went on a murdering rampage in Norway – people connected the dots only after it happened.

-> When Osama Bin laden was finally “killed” – people connected the dots only after it happened.

Can you see why TPTB are too damn clever to pull it off every time? Hence the word conspiracy nut immediately comes in the minds of the masses when they hear about “Conspiracies” after an important event takes place.

Remember, The Powers That Be always strike or plan their events when most people least expect it.

If they didn’t, their plans would fail and be exposed to the public and obviously they wouldn't like that would they?

The only advice I can give you, is to keep an open mind and "play along" because who knows - The Powers That Be could actually be preparing for something diabolical in the future which could strike us all when we least expect it…

Until then, we just have to play along in the game of predictions and prophecies, as one can never be sure of what is to come.

edit on 9-11-2011 by CasiusIgnoranze because: .

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 01:45 PM
link   
And if it's not done 'after the fact' a smear campaign is launched to discredit anyone who treads too closely to the truth before it happens too.
Take William Cooper. Sure. He has been depicted as a fierce tax dodging rebel fighting the system who had a radio show and a book or two published. However, he was one of them who warned us about the 9-11 false flag operation. And I'm not sure if it was him or Alex Jones who even said it'll be blamed on binLaden!

So they have all the angles covered.

The truth is within. I think we're getting to an age of more insight and gut feelings. Sure, we have to wiggle through a lot more disinformation now that we have the Internet streaming 24 hours but, I think a natural insight is starting to develop. Sorta like evolution. When animals need to adapt to their surroundings, they either lose or grow an appendage? Well, the Human being knows we can't trust the PTB/media/government any longer so we're adapting other means of getting to the heart of the matter.

I know I'm all over the place in this post, so forgive me if I'm hard to understand. I am not feeling well today so my thought process is not at its optimum.

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 01:45 PM
link   
"The moral of the story? It just goes to show that this is how liars are rewarded: even if they tell the truth, no one believes them.'"

Ok I'll bite. That is not the moral of the story. The lesson to be learned is that do NOT shout wolf again and again when you deep inside know that you are wrong.

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by joe12

But how would they know that they are wrong if they make a prediction and put forth "compelling evidence"?

If one continues to research something to back up their prediction, sooner or later they are bound to believe it as fact - when to others it might seem as ridiculous.

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 01:52 PM
link   
reply to post by CasiusIgnoranze

If one continues to research something, sooner or later they are bound to believe it as fact - when to others it might seem as ridiculous.

Not seeing how the boy that "tricks his village" over and over relates to someone researching anything....

edit on 11/9/2011 by Chamberf=6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 02:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Chamberf=6

Its just a simple analogy - Basically the more failed predictions and prophecies there are, the more sceptical people become. But when a prediction/prophecy actually succeeds, it will be when people least expect it.

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 02:04 PM
link   
isnt saying a fable applies (will apply) to every future prediction & prophecy,

a paradOx/Oxymoron?

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by CasiusIgnoranze

Its just a simple analogy - Basically the more failed predictions and prophecies there are, the more sceptical people become. But when a prediction/prophecy actually succeeds, it will be when people least expect it.

I agree with that, but a boy intentionally tricking his village isn't quite the same as all the nutters who actually Believe their wrong/failed predictions.
edit on 11/9/2011 by Chamberf=6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 02:11 PM
link   
OP, you articulated what has been on my mind for some time now.

Of course it makes perfect sense. TPTB play off peoples paranoia and have them cry wolf to the point where even conspiracy theorists become skeptics. The claims/prophecies or flamed, bashed and labeled the moment they are made viral. I've noticed how more folks around here are quick to label an OP for fear mongering or a disinfo agent. It's discouraging to see how many people now blatantly disregard any theory of doom presented.

I feel 'wolf' has been cried one too many times already, but there are still other theories that remain to be seen. Soon the whole conspiracy community will be involved in a class warfare. (I can see it happening already) After we all silence each other, who will be left to cry wolf in the end?

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Yes but if you read the start of my thread, I said the origins of such predictions are really unknown like all the hysteria about Comet Elenin and YU55. How do we know that they were not initially conjured up by disinfo agents on some random forum on the internet, only later to be preached by unknowing people who indirectly spread fear and panic?

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 02:15 PM
link   

You did mention that, but you also said it applied to EVERY (caps yours) failed prediction and prophesy.

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 02:24 PM
link   
i think the elenin/ nibiru/ yu55/ 2012/ end of world/ run for your lives MUST continue!
some day somebody is gonna make a prediction that WILL COME TRUE
by then we will have had so many failed predictions 99% of people will say its false
but it will be worth it if maybe that 1% who beleives it prepares for it AND SURVIVES
the majority of people who start these doom n gloom threads mostly do it out of concern
ignore the minority on ATS who mostly post to get 5 minutes of fame or even profit from it
(check their past posts/threads they have done to see if they are credible or a complete nutter)

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by joe12
"The moral of the story? It just goes to show that this is how liars are rewarded: even if they tell the truth, no one believes them.'"

Ok I'll bite. That is not the moral of the story. The lesson to be learned is that do NOT shout wolf again and again when you deep inside know that you are wrong.

That's one of the morals. The Villagers are still part of the lesson... and if thought about deeply enough... can be seen as who the real moral is directed at.

Namaste

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 03:38 PM
link   

S&F i too have recently begun to see the massive uptick in predictions as a form of sabotage just as you've described it

get more and more people to close their minds...
get more and more people focused on the present, in detriment to the past or FUTURE
the easier it is to influence "the shape of things to come"

alas, as i am only a "shivering, drooling, paranoid ranter given to making irrational statements".

i'll give only a couple of clues as to what its all about:

Hundredth [or is it 7 billionth?] monkey effect :

Immanentize the Eschaton :

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 03:54 PM
link   
you were one of the people pushing the ELENIN agenda.

proof here:
proof

To all the Elenin Debunkers and Sceptics, may I ask, how exactly did this 4 km diameter Comet just "break up" in deep space?
I'm guessing it felt the need to "self-destruct"?
Hundreds of Comets pass close to the Sun every year without "melting".

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by CasiusIgnoranze
reply to post by joe12

But how would they know that they are wrong if they make a prediction and put forth "compelling evidence"?

If one continues to research something to back up their prediction, sooner or later they are bound to believe it as fact - when to others it might seem as ridiculous.

When billions of tax dollars are spent for professional astronaunts (NASA) to say "No Impact, just a fly by" and someone comes up with an alternative theory to the one suggested by the profesionals and star, flags and tons of support go up for it all you get is a sheep counter and according to "YU55 impact theory" by Satori there is atleast 200 sheep wandering on ATS currently. What some see as compelling evidence others see as Schizophrenia.

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 05:42 PM
link   
reply to post by kn0wh0w

Yes, I even confessed if you read my initial post!

So that when most people take the bait, they will be greatly disappointed if these predictions fail to fulfil, hence are more sceptical when future similar predictions and warnings are spread out. I know I had my share of doom and gloom threads, but I learnt my lesson.

And I also said:

The only advice I can give you, is to keep an open mind and "play along" because who knows - The Powers That Be could actually be preparing for something diabolical in the future which could strike us all when we least expect it…

Until then, we just have to play along in the game of predictions and prophecies, as one can never be sure of what is to come.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 12:12 AM
link   

more people should know that fable - S&F for you

and you should totally use the guy playing chess with earth as an avatar - its gorgeous!

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 02:38 AM
link   
How are people suppose to "connect the dots" BEFORE an incident - like 9/11 - has even happened?

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 02:40 AM
link   

marked to read later

top topics

<<   2 >>

join