It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FEMA Alert = Another Government FAIL?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 01:24 PM
link   
I live in North Alabama - had a major radio station playing on my office radio ... I didn't hear anything at all except Pink's "Raise Your Glass!"....

Or was that the alert message?

If so - Good job by Pink to get that gig...

BUT if not... Way to go FEMA and Big Sis! You've failed epically once again!

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 01:27 PM
link   
reply to post by gncnew

The NEB is a linked of all the local ESA. Sooo...

Maybe Alabama failed.

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 01:28 PM
link   
Some times tests fail, that's why we do tests of systems. Now that they certain aspects of the system failed to act as they should they can go back and fix them.

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 01:29 PM
link   
reply to post by gncnew

Same thing here in Northern Colorado. We have a radio playing in our office all day and we leave it on one of our major stations... We didn't hear anything except the oldies???????

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 01:30 PM
link   
I'll give them a half fail in my area. The test went off on the tv but was a very poor signal.

link   
Who is pink?

link   
reply to post by gncnew

You missed the point. If the test did not work, then now we know. Thats what a test is for. Test. Test. Test.

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 01:32 PM
link   
No, it equals them testing the system to work the bugs out so it WILL work in the future should it ever be needed.

This is what system tests are for, you know.

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 01:33 PM
link   
reply to post by gncnew

I was watching a movie on DirectTV here in Cincinnati, OH and when it ended, it went straight to the "This is only a test" screen. What's funny is that it was the DirectTV splash page, and not an official splash page, like FEMA. I also found weird that Lady Gaga's "Paparazzi" was playing in the background for a few seconds before the klaxon. Then a black and white scroll came across the screen that said a "A Primary Entry Point System has issued an Emergency Action Notification for the following counties: District of Columbia DC. Effective Until 11/09/11 11:18:00 PST. DIRECTTV", then it transmitted the same message in Espanol. Then another song came on...

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by TsukiLunar
reply to post by gncnew

You missed the point. If the test did not work, then now we know. Thats what a test is for. Test. Test. Test.

Some people (The OP) obviously just need something to bitch about....
edit on 9-11-2011 by mileysubet because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Failure for my area too, which others are reporting from all over that they had failures too. I started a thread here to report on it if you want to:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

link   
Epic fail! I could barely hear someone was talking, and the buz interupted the man talking a few times and it stopped and started.. Catastrophic fail. If it was a real emergency, id have to call and ask what he said.

link   

Originally posted by nixie_nox
reply to post by gncnew

The NEB is a linked of all the local ESA. Sooo...

Maybe Alabama failed.

Alabama very well may have failed... but I somehow doubt the state failed the us gov...

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by mileysubet

reply to post by gncnew

If by noting billions of dollars and entire federal bureaucracies failing to achieve their goals yet spending ridiculous amounts of money?

then yes, I'm just bitching.

On the other hand, you could look at this as this is something they should have been able to reasonably pull off before a buggy ass test....

Hell, Microsoft has better results than this..

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 01:40 PM
link   
reply to post by nixie_nox

Here in Orange County, NY, I saw the alert message in the crawl at the bottom of the TV screen on MSNBC, but not on CNN.

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Maybe they were just "testing the waters" to gauge the reaction.

The "fail" will only lead to additional tests, thereby desensitizing us, until they "get it right."

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by gncnew

If by noting billions of dollars and entire federal bureaucracies failing to achieve their goals yet spending ridiculous amounts of money?

Your absolutely right! sorry for doubting you.

You know the government does this a lot. Can you believe they tested rocket propulsion before sending a man to the moon? It would have been much cheaper if they had just got on with buidling the rocket. Crossed fingers is all you need to make everything work.

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by gncnew

Originally posted by mileysubet

reply to post by gncnew

then yes, I'm just bitching.

On the other hand, you could look at this as this is something they should have been able to reasonably pull off before a buggy ass test....

Hell, Microsoft has better results than this..

Did you really think that the new system would have no bugs? True there has been a lot of money spent on it, but the point is still; when you integrate several complex and dissimilar alert systems....there is going to be issues that will need resolved.

The test was conducted to see what the bugs where in the system, so that they could be fixed before an actual need to use it happened. I am not sure how you don't understand this...

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by capod2t
Maybe they were just "testing the waters" to gauge the reaction.

The "fail" will only lead to additional tests, thereby desensitizing us, until they "get it right."

Hmmmm... very good point... very good indeed.

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 01:52 PM
link   

reply to post by gncnew

Your absolutely right! sorry for doubting you.

You know the government does this a lot. Can you believe they tested rocket propulsion before sending a man to the moon? It would have been much cheaper if they had just got on with buidling the rocket. Crossed fingers is all you need to make everything work.

We're not talking about breakthrough technology here bud. This isn't flying to the moon.

And there were no lives on the line if things didnt go as presumed. Come on now..

I bet they get the internet kill switch right the first time...

top topics

<<   2 >>

join