It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police racial profiling takes a "well intentioned" turn

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Police seemingly targeting minorities unfairly for stops and frisks has been a staple in our society.

Once it was derided as simple racism and the disproportionate harassment of young minority males was used to back this position up.

While reading about this: police union and hundreds of officers complicit in corruption, I came across this gem:

Daragjati has pleaded not guilty, but critics say the case is proof of what they have been arguing for years: The policy unfairly singles out black and Hispanic men.

Department officials say the policy is essential for taking guns off the street and preventing crime in neighborhoods where men of color make up the vast majority of murder and shooting victims.
WSJ Link

Notice the cute doublespeak.

They're profiling minorities for harassment to save them from themselves. How altruistic. Somebody get them Nobel prizes all around.
edit on 9-11-2011 by thisguyrighthere because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 01:25 PM
link   
[sarcasm]Makes perfect sense; take the weapons away from the people who are the VICTIMS of the crimes.

That's gubment logic 101.
[sarcasm]

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 01:25 PM
link   
Well it makes sense to target the criminals where the crime is. My neighbor is a local cop and says if you pull a car over with 4 black men in it odds are pretty good one will be going to jail for something.

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by mikellmikell
Well it makes sense to target the criminals where the crime is. My neighbor is a local cop and says if you pull a car over with 4 black men in it odds are pretty good one will be going to jail for something.

How does it feel having a Klansman for a neighbor?

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere

You can deny it all you want but what mikellmikell wrote is true. There is factually a higher crime rate among the minoritys.

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by mileysubet

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere

You can deny it all you want but what mikellmikell wrote is true. There is factually a higher crime rate among the minoritys.

No. There is a higher arrest rate. Big difference. What his neighbor said is true; chances are they will be going to jail for "something". I get pulled over waaaaaay more when I have a black friend in the car or even my Hispanic cousins and I don't live in a high-tension place.

new topics

top topics

join