It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So the EAS Test . . .

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Is happening now.

And DIrectv has Paparazzi by Lady Gaga playing over the black information screen.

Ahh, the irony.

Starting a New Thread?...Look Here First

AboveTopSecret.com takes pride in making every post count.
Please do not create minimal posts to start your new thread.
If you feel inclined to make the board aware of news, current events,
or important information from other sites;
*please post one or two paragraphs,
*a link to the entire story,
*AND your opinion, twist or take on the news item,
as a means to inspire discussion or collaborative research on your subject.

edit on Wed Nov 9 2011 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lemon.Fresh
Is happening now.

And DIrectv has Paparazzi by Lady Gaga playing over the black information screen.

Ahh, the irony.

Anyway.. The world is still here. So I guess that means I still have to go to work today. ^&$% man!!!!

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 01:03 PM
link   
Seems they have some problems. NBC in my area didn't have anything, not even static.

link   
I was looking forward to this, just because i find it interesting. So I'm sitting here with a radio and it's 11:02 PST here in Oregon, and I haven't heard a thing.

link   
What the heck was that? It was faster than flipping the channel. No sound..just a very quick blip that said EAS test?

I don't think they have that worked out....

link   

Is happening now.

Ahh, the irony.

Now it's over.....Wasn't it supposed to last 18 minutes. Anyway, nothing to see here folks...Now get back to work

ETA
30 seconds of Lady Gaga made that unbearable...I'll write them and ask for a better song selection next time

edit on 11/9/11 by ThePublicEnemyNo1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by RedBeardRay
I was looking forward to this, just because i find it interesting. So I'm sitting here with a radio and it's 11:02 PST here in Oregon, and I haven't heard a thing.

It effected my kid watching Clifford. He was PISSED!! The world almost REALLY ended!

link   
reply to post by Lemon.Fresh

Lmao, I was thinking the exact same thing.

link   
yea wel it is late my time 12:01 by the web clock news is on and no EAS test, 12:02 and still now word , oh here it is beeep beep beep this is test only bleep bleep test . so nothing happend

link   

Originally posted by ThePublicEnemyNo1

Is happening now.

Ahh, the irony.

Now it's over.....Wasn't it supposed to last 18 minutes

They had shortened it to 30 seconds.

link   
reply to post by RedBeardRay

it was 1:02 when it flipped on here...I think it's messed up...it is the gummit after all they can't do anything right.

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Eww, it's not working here very well. The channel changed on it's own and keeps going in and out. Wow, there are some kinks!

link   
This is just a test and a precursor to; "Sorry to interrupt the x-factor finals. The party loves you, and want you to be safe. If you see anything suspicious, don't hesitate to tell your local fusion center. Thank you loyal citizens."

link   
I got the normal EAS tones.....some additional tones, then static for about 15 seconds, then back to the sports radio channel I was listening too.

Weird....I thought there was some sort of announcement about the test to be included....

At least they aren't disclosing/telling us of nuclear attack/astroid/virus/insert your favorite doomsday here LOL

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 01:06 PM
link   
Haha national EAS fail! There was quite a few channels that didnt air it..

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

link   
TEST FAILED!! TEST FAILED!!

Run for the hills.............Hurry Runnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

link   
nvr got it

link   
Well the test went fine here in NW Indiana,but about 3 minutes later I hear the storm sirens...
and they are still going,it is windy here maybe a storm coming in.
Probably nothing... thought I'd mention it however.

link   
It didn't work here (Ohio) ...the Weather Channel announced the test was "coming up" and then nothing happened. I changed it to a network channel and again, nothing...I guess the nationwide test was a fail then?

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 01:07 PM
link   
reply to post by SrWingCommander

gheesh...we only had it on for like maybe 2 seconds..it flipped off the cnn like it was going to analog channels and then it flipped back on almost instantly.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join