It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NZ police refuse to evict occupy New Zealand

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 12:05 PM
link   
in a morning news release on tv,
the police have declined to focably evict occupy protestors,
the right to protest has been upheld because the protestors have the right to protest.
the local city council tresspased the protestors nearly a week ago,
and the council has asked the police to "forcably" remove the protestors because of bylaws that make camping on public ground "tresspasing"

i beleive this is the correct action by the police and they have shown that they considered the rights of the protestors and the wishes of the council and have decided that enforcement would not be undertaken.

this is what freedom looks like folks.
the police have shown that when people protest peacefully and legally and respect others rights.

"the police dont beleive there is grounds in law to forcable evict the protestors"

i love the police in new zealand as they can be counted on to do the right thing.

with respect and love for the the NZ boys in blue

xploder from NZ

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 12:22 PM
link   
reply to post by XPLodER

Yeah, I'll have a beer now

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 12:28 PM
link   
reply to post by XPLodER

Wait, you mean to tell me the police in NZ are allowed to think for themselves? They don't have to automatically follow the orders of the government's corporate masters?

I guess that's what happens when you weed out the half-wits, bullies and power tripping A-holes in the hiring process. They'll know better next time.

I hope this doesn't result in the govt cracking down on the police for insubordination or something. If this were in the US, I wouldn't put it past the local govt to hire private goons to throw them out if the police failed to comply.

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 12:35 PM
link   
reply to post by bluemirage5

come to auckland and ill buy you a beer,
we have some very good police here and i would shout a beer for everyone of them if i could afford to do so.

in a truly free country the people are what is important.
the mayor is trying to say that a small local bylaw put in place to stop homeless from living in parks in tents should be used to try to break up the protests.
when asked the mayor said "i have not even considered their point of view"

well it looks like the peace officers here understand that just as we the public would support them if they required and in fact we would march sholder to sholder with our police if they asked us to.

this is how a free country is kept free.
i thank the police for showing that they respect us and in responce i would like every kiwi who sees a cop to thank them with a smile or nod

we are a very lucky country to have the people we do looking after our comunities

xploder

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by FortAnthem
reply to post by XPLodER

Wait, you mean to tell me the police in NZ are allowed to think for themselves? They don't have to automatically follow the orders of the government's corporate masters?

I guess that's what happens when you weed out the half-wits, bullies and power tripping A-holes in the hiring process. They'll know better next time.

I hope this doesn't result in the govt cracking down on the police for insubordination or something. If this were in the US, I wouldn't put it past the local govt to hire private goons to throw them out if the police failed to comply.

the new zealand police try to balence the needs of the comunity, the wants of the council,
and the implications of forcable eviction.

in this way the local by law excuse is not justification to use excessive force.

the situation must balence with the outcome.

the police are interested in not over reacting and causing damage to the relationship we enjoy with them.
and yes in new zealand the police can decide (within the law) weather or not eviction would cause more stess and harm than just is justifyable over this small bylaw

xploder

top topics

join