It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

No Alien Life? Improbable to say the least. ♣

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 11:55 AM
link   
Now i wholeheartedly believe Obama when he says we have not been in contact with any form of Extraterrestrial entity because to be honest as the Humans we are now we are still very young as a race, we have so much more to discover and so much more to learn before we can really even start the search for life off this planet not to mention so many internal earthly issues to address between us all.

To think that we are the only race with a planet that by all luck can sustain our lives in the entire universe when we haven't even discovered a fraction of what lies out there is quite mind numbing really, Alien life will be out there we will just have to reach much further and become so much more of a race to reach it.

As i said "I believe Obama"-
Then again i never did trust the government

edit on 9/11/11 by TedHodgson because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 12:07 PM
link   
There is so much we don't know yet about our own planet !!! IMO we are not looking hard enough , in the right places or the right methods of looking !

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 12:21 PM
link   
I always consider that there is the possibility of more life in the universe, possibly more advanced than us--by a lot. But, a discussion I never hear is what if there isn't?

Suppose we become all advanced and plumb the depths of space and find nothing more than what we see through our telescopes today? I imagine prior discussions like this decided there is no life out there, end of discussion. With all these expectations we're putting on the universe to have life, how would we react if we found none a billion years from now?

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to post by dudeawesome

Good point, Maybe it would have just been better not to reach for the stars in the first place rather then finding nothing up there when we reach them

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 12:35 PM
link   
reply to post by TedHodgson

Naw, I think we need to get out there, sooner or later our sun will go out and we'll need a new place to stay. lol

But with all the statistical probabilities of alien life existing and our own expectations, how much of a let down would it be to find out that there is none. I think it would be interesting to hear the scientific reasoning after exploring the universe as to why there was only life on earth.

Or not, either way is kinda up in the air at the moment.

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Pehaps those they are really in contact with is Extradimensional enties, instead of terrestrial entity.. then he would still be telling the truth, its just the qustion that was wrong

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 06:58 PM
link   
The thing about probabilities is that there is no guaranty. Think about it this way , flipping a coin is a 50/50 chance of getting heads or tails but you could flip a coin for ever and not get one or the other. So even if there was a 99% chance of life elsewhere in the universe there still might not be any there.

Im hoping there is but even with all the trillions of stars out there we still could be the only advanced lifeforms around. A high probability is no guaranty.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 01:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vandalour
Pehaps those they are really in contact with is Extradimensional enties, instead of terrestrial entity.. then he would still be telling the truth, its just the qustion that was wrong

Extraterrestrial means anything originating off of earth. Another dimension is still extraterrestrial in nature. So he would be lying.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 01:52 AM
link   
I am positive that there is extraterrestrial life somewhere else purely on the grounds that we treat this planet like it belongs to somebody else.
We are polluting the oceans, destroying the wildlife, destroying the vegetation and now destroying the atmosphere.
Who was the Great American Indian Chief (Red Cloud) who said something similar to "Only when the last tree has died, the last river poisoned and the last fish caught will we realise that we cannot eat money"!
All that needs to be destroyed is the human race and we seem hell bent on doing that.
Perhaps then the Aliens will return, clean it up and start again!
Just a thought.

top topics

join