It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

#OccupyOakland Protests Wells Fargo, then Opens an Account

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 09:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Drezden

You lost me with your blurred and blatant assumptions. Thanks for playing.

BTW I call those who want to either abolish money or print their own (both cries heard from Occupy) ...Crazy!

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 10:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Drezden

What do you call people who want to end the use of money?

Drezden, really ?

how 'bout Americans ??
is anything more specific really necessary?

anarchists ??
and i thought we were supposed to Deny Ignorance

for the record, anarchists want to eliminate government specifically, not necessarily money although they'd probably prefer direct bartering for whatever of value applies.
(it's still 'money' as defined)
if we trade items of value (to one another), we then have established our own 'money' and that is what many would prefer, not just anarchists.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 01:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by jibeho
reply to post by Drezden

BTW I call those who want to either abolish money or print their own (both cries heard from Occupy) ...Crazy!

Instead of deflecting yet again, do you care to address this direct quote that I've been trying to get you to respond to, unless my quoting you would also fall into the category of blatant assumptions:

Originally posted by jibeho
Sorry, I thought all greedy people with money were called "Fat Cats" Honestly, I'm just amused by this need for money that the Occupy movement has. Especially, when folks from within the camps have said that they want to do away with it.

Why are you "amused by this need for money that the Occupy movement has"?

You also say "folks from within the camps have said they want to do away with it", I did assume since you stated this that you believe that enough folks within the OWS camps want to do away with money to the point that it is an acceptable description of OWS as a whole... otherwise why would you mention something like that unless you felt it was of some importance to the overall movement?

..now I personally think you pointing this out equates to other crass and cheap forms of delegitimizing groups such as people pointing out some folks in the Tea Party who had racist signs at their gatherings. An informed and rational person would not define racism as being a common value of the tea party because of the actions of a small portion... in the same way an informed and rational person would not believe OWS is trying to do away with money by the comments of a small portion.

So can you please tell me why you are amused by OWS's need for money, and why you believe enough OWS protestors 'want to do away with money' enough to make the statement you did?

You can always deflect again, but I've kept this post free from any assumptions so there is no technicality or flaw for you to use as further justification for ignoring my asking you to explain what you've posted.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 01:22 AM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

1) The Oakland Liberation front is not affiliated with OWS.

2) They have twenty grand. it has to be put somewhere until the paperwork with a credit union is finalized for it. Would you prever a coffee can?

3) Bailing people out of jail whose crime was exercising their first amendment rights seems fine to me. Maybe you don't agree. That's fine. So how many families are you funding this winter?

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 01:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Honor93
reply to post by Drezden

What do you call people who want to end the use of money?

Drezden, really ?

how 'bout Americans ??
is anything more specific really necessary?

anarchists ??
and i thought we were supposed to Deny Ignorance

for the record, anarchists want to eliminate government specifically, not necessarily money although they'd probably prefer direct bartering for whatever of value applies.
(it's still 'money' as defined)
if we trade items of value (to one another), we then have established our own 'money' and that is what many would prefer, not just anarchists.

On ATS there are many people who would like the U.S. monetary system to return to gold backing instead of this fiat madness, outside of ATS in mainstream America there is certainly a nice portion of people who want a gold backed currency, but a larger number of Americans right now either do not care, do not know, or do not want to.

Not many people on ATS want to do away with money completely.. and an even smaller percent of people outside of ATS in the U.S. want to do away with money completely.

So "Americans" would not be a good description of people who want to do away with money. Deny your own ignorance.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 01:27 AM
link   
reply to post by neo96

It's not the money. Money's fine. Wealth is fine. Wallow in your zillions until you get a skin rash. Knock yourself out.

It's hte use of that money to subvert and destabilize our political process that is the problem. it is the use of that money to basically destroy an economy so you can buy off the broken pieces for later profit that is the problem.

In other words, much as with anything else in the world, having money isn't an issue. Abusing money to the detriment of others is.
edit on 10/11/2011 by TheWalkingFox because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 01:38 AM
link   
I think it should be said that the people who are being inconvenienced by OWS such as business owners and residential citizens are better off being inconvenienced by OWS than a collapsed economy and war with Iran.

Do you people realize what we are fighting against? We are fighting to end the systematic destruction of our economy as a small group profits.. this is all accelerated by the military industrial complex. Weapons manufacturing and technology is the U.S.'s biggest export and main industry..

Protests are messy.. you can criticize it as the government and corporations drive this country further into the ground. Are you waiting for another kind of protest? One that isn't going to come in time... clearly one that you yourself aren't going to start or help.. you only do well protesting the government on the internet to people who already agree that something is wrong.

It is now or never. Each month that goes by the harder it will be. You would rather more people in this country become poverty-stricken, jobless, and homeless... all while our soldiers will be sent to more wars to die while you wait for a miracle that would cure humans of their flaws.. 1000 protestors can behave perfectly.. 10 can cause problems and that is enough for you to discredit the entire movement and seal the fate of the U.S.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 01:40 AM
link   
I still don't get it. If all of you see OWS doing something wrong why don't you help out instead of bash them online. Unless of course you don't think there's anything wrong with the way the world runs?

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 01:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Drezden

As a species, we have a really rather short attention span. Even though we have the ability to plan ahead into a basically infinite span of time, we're actually "designed" (so to speak) to respond only to immediate impulses. "I'm hungry, so I'm going to McDonalds" doesn't get trumped by "If I keep eating all these cheeseburgers, I'll develop a cardiovascular disease in thirty years."

So the guy sitting in the road, watching protestors pass by his windshield, is probably more focused on hte fact that his back hurts and he wants to get home and crack a beer, watch some TV, than with hte fact that these people are out there basically trying to keep him employed in a nation with a stable government.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 04:26 AM
link   
It'll be closed within weeks as they are currently seeking a credit union to transfer the funds to/

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 07:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheWalkingFox
reply to post by jibeho

1) The Oakland Liberation front is not affiliated with OWS.

2) They have twenty grand. it has to be put somewhere until the paperwork with a credit union is finalized for it. Would you prever a coffee can?

3) Bailing people out of jail whose crime was exercising their first amendment rights seems fine to me. Maybe you don't agree. That's fine. So how many families are you funding this winter?

About 118 people at $1.70 a meal with my local City Mission and my employer will match my donation so I will feed 236 people out of the 22,000 that will arrive between now and Dec. 31.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Do you plan on answering what I've asked you 3 times jibeho? Or is avoidance the final step of your deflection plan to not answer why you're amused with OWS need for money, and especially so with the handful of people who have said they want to do away with money.

You can't post your subtle propaganda and not explain your comments when called out on it.

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 08:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Drezden
Do you plan on answering what I've asked you 3 times jibeho? Or is avoidance the final step of your deflection plan to not answer why you're amused with OWS need for money, and especially so with the handful of people who have said they want to do away with money.

You can't post your subtle propaganda and not explain your comments when called out on it.

Oh, It's you again...You just answered your own question!. I guess the crying baby needs attention. First, I've already answered your question and the answer was even within the OP. I am amused by this need for money based on the comments of those who want to abolish money or those who think that they should be able to print their own money as they need it....

Yes, that amuses me to no end. As does the infighting over $500k and who gets how much within new govt. structure of the Camp Zuccotti squatters. Yes, that amuses me. The irony amuses me. The astrotufing amuses me. You amuse me. The hypocrisy amuses me. The occupy Burger King group amuses me...

The occupy oakland group debated how to spend this $20,000 and especially argued that it should not be spent on bail. That argument was lost. That is also amusing. I suggested they donate money to a local charity to help out some the less fortunate people of the 99%. Many of the protesters are the children of wealthy parents in the Bay Area. Many are college students living off of their parents. Many are permanent students afraid to enter the real world. Some are just wandering trustafarians floating from movement to movement... city to city.... I used to work with some of those folks(dread locks, Rage Against the Machine T-shirts, drive Range Rovers) in Park City and I'm sure some of them are in Oakland as we speak.

Its all amusing amusing amusing amusing....

Hopefully that will suffice enough to stuff your ego. Boy, do I miss the ignore button
For some reason you just think you are owed repeated explanations to your questions. Same mentality as the Occupy bunch... Everyone is owed something eh?

ETA:
Next time you think you are owed an explanation or an answer from me remember my earlier message to you

edit on 11-11-2011 by jibeho because: (no reason given)

edit on 11-11-2011 by jibeho because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 09:45 PM
link   
LOL.. there is no room for my ego in this thread when yours is taking up all the space.

So you have just finally answered my question, and I now see that you do in fact believe a significant number of people within OWS (enough people to make a general description of the movements ideals/goals") That is so absurd, you can keep your ignorant and skewed generalizations of thousands of people based on the comments or beliefs of a small minority within the whole group.

The denial of ignorance has suffered a major defeat. There is enough biased exaggerations and argumentative fallacies to start a MSM corporation. It was nice chatting with you k thx

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 08:14 AM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

If they continue to occupy and occupy, something will give.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join