It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

High School And Police Fake Shooting in Drug Search.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 10:55 AM
link   
I just now heard about this even though it happened a little over 2 weeks ago now. I did a search on here, but I didn't come up with anything. Hopefully, I'm not reposting.

I think this went a little too far.

When I was in high school, they would just announce there was a lock-down and we all had to stay in our class. We all knew what it was about and we would just remain there for the 20 minutes before given the all-clear.

I really don't see why it was necessary to scare the crap out of the kids by making them think a gunman was on the loose.

Wolcott High School

At Wolcott High School one morning this week, an urgent announcement crackled over the intercom: a threatening intruder was in the building and students were told to immediately take refuge in classrooms. Doors were locked and police, with dogs, moved in. Students stayed huddled in classrooms where they were told to stay away from the windows. But what sounded like a frightening situation was just a search for narcotics. Drug-sniffing dogs combed the school while students stayed in locked classrooms, believing that an attacker was roaming the halls.

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 10:59 AM
link   
oh they think this is acceptable do they ?

I guess the police would not mind if i came into there station and yelled out i got a bomb everybody get down... then later say hey just kidding was only doing undercover reporting .

no harm done right officers?

disgusting! unacceptable. the person who authorized it, needs a examination
edit on 9-11-2011 by yourboycal2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 11:02 AM
link   
Schools are learning institutions. Is this what they are wanting to teach our kids?

They didn't find any drugs they said... was this a "drill" then or a surprise inspection?

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 11:11 AM
link   
reply to post by JibbyJedi

It was both. This school had done this exact thing in the past. They also coordinated with DHLS and law enforcment on it. Personally I do not like the fact that they used this as a drug inspection but I do like the idea that the kids thought the threat was real. Its the only way you will know for sure if they are responding accordingly. If i were the principal i would rather get grief from angry moms over this than have dead kids in the event this did happen.

Edit to add: Even some of the students said it was scary but they would not have taken it seriously if they knew it was a drill.
edit on 9-11-2011 by TheInterceptor because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 11:15 AM
link   
reply to post by TheInterceptor

This kind of stuff, killings in schools, did not happen when I was growing up. I remember bringing my survival knife to school to show it off back in 5th grade, it wasn't a big deal, the teacher just took that stuff away from us if we got caught.

Why are things so different now? Demoralization? Medications? What is the X factor that's changed the game in the 21st century?

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Of course they would think the threat is real. Who wouldn't?

I remember being in high school and its not like the principal would come on the intercom and make daily jokes about there being an armed intruder on the school grounds.

I'm sure the one and only time those kids got that warning, they would heed it without questioning. There didn't need to be a "test" to see if the kids would take a thread to their life seriously.

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by yourboycal2

I guess the police would not mind if i came into there station and yelled out i got a bomb everybody get down... then later say hey just kidding was only doing undercover reporting .

do you really think this is the same thing? the principle is required to do a drill like this regularly and he chose to do it without saying it was a drill to see if the kids were ready in the event it did happen. As a parent I defend his decision 100%. Even the kids at the school understood the reasoning.

I wish it wasnt the case but this is becomming more and more of a real threat in this country and our kids need to know how best to handle themselves in the event it happens to them.

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by CalmAsHinduCows
Of course they would think the threat is real. Who wouldn't?

I remember being in high school and its not like the principal would come on the intercom and make daily jokes about there being an armed intruder on the school grounds.

I'm sure the one and only time those kids got that warning, they would heed it without questioning. There didn't need to be a "test" to see if the kids would take a thread to their life seriously.

tell that to the parents of all the dead kids killed in school shootings in the lat 15 years and see if they didnt wish this took place in their schools.

do they announce fire drills in schools? no. if they did they wouldnt have an accurate read on how the school responds in the spur of the moment. Is this any different? You can die from fire and from the intruder.

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 11:27 AM
link   
What happens if a student has a medical condition, say heart condition, or severe asthma? As a Parent I would be outraged at this.

Has anyone noticed that all the schools look like prisons without the razor wire and guard towers? These are both government institutions and it appears they are starting to run them the same way.

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheInterceptor

Originally posted by yourboycal2

do you really think this is the same thing? the principle is required to do a drill like this regularly and he chose to do it without saying it was a drill to see if the kids were ready in the event it did happen. As a parent I defend his decision 100%. Even the kids at the school understood the reasoning.

I wish it wasnt the case but this is becomming more and more of a real threat in this country and our kids need to know how best to handle themselves in the event it happens to them.

You mean lie for an alterior motive ?

Yup it is the same thing. I want to be an undercover reporter to see how police react to bomb threats in there own presinct?

They lie to test out a drill,

I lie to test out police reaction ?

What part of the lie for an agenda did you miss? Looks like the same thing to me.

"As a parent I defend his decision 100%. Even the kids at the school understood the reasoning. "

Its parents like you that make me wish evolution did not make it so easy to have children.

Its parents like you that sugar coat lies , and make lies glorified .

Its parents like you i wish had a licence to raise a child.

Lying , is not a good example do you know why ?

Because if there really is a GUNMAN and the drill is set off

Kids will laugh and ignore it and say haha they are doing the fake thing again.

They will disobey the real events thinking its another police ploy

and catch bullets to the head

all because parents like you who support lies and don't understand future consequences of such actions

good day.

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 11:32 AM
link   
Where the "war on terror" has taken the place of the "red scare" we see this as nothing more profound than this generations version of "duck and cover."

Fueld by irrational fear. Ultimately powerless to accomplish it's proported goal.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 11:33 AM
link   
If this doesn't draw a lawsuit or two I'll be surprised. Would serve them right too... it's usually the only language they can even hear.

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 11:36 AM
link   
reply to post by yourboycal2

Oh please do and don't forget to come back when they let you out to tell us how it went.

Fire drills fine
Crazy on the loose drills a big no no

edit on 9-11-2011 by aivlas because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Ok. How many kids and teachers have died in US school shootings in just the last 20 year? over 400. how many have died in fires in the last 20 years? almost 0. do you know why? because they have drills and dont tell the students its a drill. now every kid knows what to do in that emegency and it SAVES LIVES!

And their is still no way you can justify to me calling in a bomb threat is the equivilant to a pricipal taking precautions to save his students and teachers lives. Even with your childish insults.

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 12:18 PM
link   

reply to post by JibbyJedi

It was both. This school had done this exact thing in the past. They also coordinated with DHLS and law enforcment on it. Personally I do not like the fact that they used this as a drug inspection but I do like the idea that the kids thought the threat was real. Its the only way you will know for sure if they are responding accordingly. If i were the principal i would rather get grief from angry moms over this than have dead kids in the event this did happen.

Edit to add: Even some of the students said it was scary but they would not have taken it seriously if they knew it was a drill.

How do you not take it seriously? All you have to do is stay away from the windows and stay in the classroom.. people don't need scare tactics to learn.. people would have done the same if they announced it as a drill. A teacher isn't going to let a student just walk out of the class.. and if the situation WAS real it would be taken seriously.. because no one wants to get shot.

Only now that this school has cried wolf so many times.. when they actually end up having a real threat no one will take it seriously.
edit on 11/9/2011 by Drezden because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Isn't this kind of like yelling "Fire!" in a crowded building only to tell everyone after it is over that it was just a drill? Why do they think it is ok to trick the students into thinking they are in danger?
I understand that practice drills need to be in place so students know what to do in case of a real situation, but implimenting a state of fear and potential panic as a cover to search for drugs is just sick.

"Oh I'm sorry little Timmy. We didn't mean to make you and your classmates have an anxiety attack, but we have to protect you from scary drugs. Now go to the nurse and get some legal drugs to numb yourself from the fear we induced. Oh, yeah, we will probably do this again sometime, so keep those legal self-numbing drugs with you and stay away from drugs because they are bad. BOO! Got you again. Oh quit shaking. Now off to the nurse with you."

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by ziggypogo
Isn't this kind of like yelling "Fire!" in a crowded building only to tell everyone after it is over that it was just a drill? Why do they think it is ok to trick the students into thinking they are in danger?

So you do know you just described a fire drill right? What is going on here? is it april fools day or has everyone that has responded to the OP just braindead today???

Fire Drills are now to scary for our kids????? I just dont know what to say to that.

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by ziggypogo

So you do know you just described a fire drill right? What is going on here? is it april fools day or has everyone that has responded to the OP just braindead today???

Fire Drills are now to scary for our kids????? I just dont know what to say to that.

Have you ever been part of a fire drill?

Clearly not.

Nobody comes in yelling FIRE for a false fire drill.

The kids know the fire drill in place , and follow the procedures .

I've been part of many many fire drills. Never once have i been lied to about a fire drill. we always know about it before hand . sometimes days sometimes weeks before hand.

clearly we can see who the braindead one here is . Back to your hole you go

edit on 9-11-2011 by yourboycal2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Ok. How many kids and teachers have died in US school shootings in just the last 20 year? over 400. how many have died in fires in the last 20 years? almost 0. do you know why? because they have drills and dont tell the students its a drill. now every kid knows what to do in that emegency and it SAVES LIVES!

And their is still no way you can justify to me calling in a bomb threat is the equivilant to a pricipal taking precautions to save his students and teachers lives. Even with your childish insults.

drills are more efective when the children are not scared #less.

This is done because they need the kids to think clear , because when a real fire does happen they will remember the procedures they did when they were thinking CLEAR not in fear.

you don't need to lie to children to perform fire drills,

it kills credibility , its crying wolf. and when real events do happen there are blow back effects from kids who think its another drill.

lying might be okay with you . But not in my books. Its a bad exmaple. Its a bad way to do safety measures , and it shows authority using lies to push an agenda.

you don't like my anagly because its a citizen doing it . Anything we do is wrong , lying stealing.

But when government does it its business as usual.

Please. I hope you don't have your own kids , if you do i feel bad for them.

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 06:31 PM
link   
What if just one text message or cell phone call had got and and the next thing they know a hundred armed parents show up to protect their kids just to find out it was a joke. The police could have ended up getting the crap beat out of them and it would have served them right.

<<   2 >>

join