It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Crytal Skull Ceremony

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 03:48 AM
link   
only one question here.

if these crystal skulls are so rare, valuable, old or whatever, why the hell are they sitting on damp grass while loads of dude prance around it rather than inside a very save protective case sitting in a nice purple velvet pillow?

i call bullcrap on these being remotely mayan!

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 04:17 AM
link   
I'm pretty sure a true Mayan ancient ritual would involve human sacrifice by the thousands.

Read your history books!

This is just hippy type crap, now pass me the mushrooms

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 04:24 AM
link   
reply to post by weirdguy

indeed!! blue paint , decapitation and hearts being ripped out while still beating.

something makes me think these people are not anchient mayans lol

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by boaby_phet

I thought all that sacrificial stuff was only in that Mel Gibson film?

Disclaimer: I am no Mayan expert.
ETA Just wiki'd my own answer.

"Animal sacrifice and bloodletting were a common feature in many Maya festivals and regular rituals. Human sacrifice was far less common, being tied to events such as ill fortune, warfare and the consecration of new leaders or temples. The practice was also far less common than in the neighboring Aztec societies. The Maya people would sacrifice their prisoners. The prisoners were most often from neighboring tribes."
edit on 10/11/11 by LightSpeedDriver because: ETA

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by LightSpeedDriver

Which in reality isn't all that different than in modern society. We just call it something different when we sacrifice enemies captured from enemy tribes...

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 03:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Jinglelord

I almost mentioned it in my 1st post hehe. London used to hang the heads of "traitors" on spikes on a bridge that all people had to use to enter the city in the "old days". (London Bridge if memory serves). Nowadays we have rendition, torture and legally sannctioned killings. It is indeed, exactly the same.
edit on 10/11/11 by LightSpeedDriver because: Typo

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 05:04 PM
link   
Ya'll are very welcome. Only wish that I could share more.

Many people brought their own crystals to have them charged also. Placing them on one of the skulls themselves.

And, yes, there was a large variety of people there. Young, old, christian, Indian. Plenty of the hippie type as so many have pointed out on here. But what's wrong with them, again?

I made the trip just to say that I did it. No other reason. I have my own set of beliefs but am very open minded to what others have to offer. Come to think of it, isn't that what the skulls are suppose to be about? Knowledge that can bring peace to a planet in need? What better way to start this than by many cultures coming together, in harmony and one accord. Poof. You got peace.

So, in a sense, I guess you could say that something wonderful did happen there that day. Not sure why anyone here would wanna knock that.

Sorry bout the video guys. I'll fix it!

On a lighter note, my son wanted me to assure everyone that we did not release any dark demon lord that was going to eat everyone's souls. He plays way too many video games.

edit on 10/25/2010 by cloudwatcher because: forgot to say you're welcome

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 06:07 PM
link   
Looks like a cool ceremony for the new-agers, so called hippies, believers, and the uninitiated in blind faith or the curiosity seekers trying to find karma and fellowship in a united show of faith, can't be all bad.

Just so long as they don't claim the crystal skulls are Mayan and associated with any archeology dig in mesoamerica then I support their enthusiastic show of belief in the paranormal and can't help but applaud their determination.

Unfortunately no crystal skull can be linked to an archeology dig to include the most well known Mitchell-Hedges skull. Most are made in Germany from a Brazilian quartz source since the 1900's and is documented by Der Speigel in Germany and the British museum that tested the British and Smithsonian museum skulls and found them to be modern (19th-20th century) fakes.

In 2010 a museum curator in Mannheim, Germany went to this small German town and ordered a full size crystal skull. It was completed in 2011 and is on display in Mannheim today and is of equal or better quality than the skulls that are claimed to be mesoamerican or Mayan.

Museums and private collectors are not participating in this ceremony as far as I can tell. So it appears that the ceremony is charging or worshiping paperweights and knock-offs of knock-offs. A look at the Smithsonian Institution will show that their full size skull is on display as a fake.

The British museum did a microscopic exam of their skull and the Smithsonian skull and found tool marks and evidence of modern (19th-20th century) synthetic abrasives. This small hamlet in Germany boast a secretive tradition of Brazilian stonework in imported quartz and its craft in crystal skull fabrication.. A search of crystal skull on ATS will bring up the recent studies and website links.
edit on 10-11-2011 by dcmb1409 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join