It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fighter Pilot Spots a UFO

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 10:25 AM
link   
I found this video this morning, which I thought was very interest.

A camera in a cockpit films a pilots reaction to seeing a UFO - and also captures the craft on the video.

The UFO moves from right to left at high speeds, before moving out of frame.

Any debunkers available to see if its real or fake?

edit on 9-11-2011 by MentorsRiddle because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 10:27 AM
link   
reply to post by MentorsRiddle

That's a hoax. Debunked long time ago... no idea where he thread is. The UFO was added afterwards with CGI..

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 10:32 AM
link   
Ok. I saw it this morning on a web page, and was like "wow!"

I did a search, and dind't see the thread, so I guess it really is buried deep.

Admins please feel free to delete this thread.

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 10:33 AM
link   
reply to post by MentorsRiddle

Convincing looking fake if it is one. The pilot is reacting to something but, what is he checking his 6 for?
Looks to be a F-15C. If its a fake then the object must have been originally a real aircraft but made to look like what is seen in the video. The pilot follows it to good to be complete CGI.
edit on 9-11-2011 by StratosFear because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by StratosFear
Convincing looking fake if it is one.

It is fake.

The pilot is reacting to something but, what is he checking his 6 for?

For the answer to that question, see the first 6 seconds (particularly the bit at 4 to 6 seconds) into the video embedded below which shows the unaltered original footage:

That original footage is an extract from the Fighter Pilot - Operation Red Flag IMAX documentary.

That extract can be found 4 minutes and 10 seconds into the second part of that documentary on Youtube:

That footage was, um, adapted by inserting a CGI "UFO" a few years ago.

The revised footage has been circulating on the Internet ever since.

See, for example:

This copy of the video (uploaded in 2009):

and a more recent copy with an inaccurate reference to "2011" in the title, with slow motion and close-ups etc:

This practice of altering mundane footage by adding a "UFO" is a fairly low-cost and easy means of producing UFO videos.

It's much easier (and often more convincing) than generating the entire footage using CGI.

Of course, the downside is that members of your audience may recognise or find the original footage - which can rather undermine the effect intended by the hoaxer...
edit on 9-11-2011 by IsaacKoi because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 10:48 AM
link   
Looks like this thread is done.

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrGrimm
Looks like this thread is done.

Possibly, but another video will - no doubt - be along in a few minutes.

I know from contact with a few hoaxers that some of the videos they create take took less time to make than they do to debunk...

That means that we are fighting a losing battle!

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 11:48 AM
link   
That really stinks too - because if they would produce less fake videos, that may make our cause a little more valid to people.

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by IsaacKoi

Originally posted by StratosFear
Convincing looking fake if it is one.

It is fake.

The pilot is reacting to something but, what is he checking his 6 for?

For the answer to that question, see the first 6 seconds (particularly the bit at 4 to 6 seconds) into the video embedded below which shows the unaltered original footage:

That footage was, um, adapted by inserting a CGI "UFO" a few years ago.

The revised footage has been circulating on the Internet ever since.

See, for example:

This copy of the video (uploaded in 2009):

and a more recent copy with an inaccurate reference to "2011" in the title, with slow motion and close-ups etc:

This practice of altering mundane footage by adding a "UFO" is a fairly low-cost and easy means of producing UFO videos.

It's much easier (and often more convincing) than generating the entire footage using CGI.

Of course, the downside is that members of your audience may recognise or find the original footage - which can rather undermine the intended effect...

What is the source of this original video? Were can it be found?

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 12:31 PM
link   
In contact with hoaxers?!! If I knew of a hoaxer he would be eating through a straw because of the time and resources some people waste to find truth..

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheFlash
What is the source of this original video?

The Operation Red Flag IMAX documentary.

Originally posted by TheFlash
Were can it be found?

The relevant extract can be found 4 minutes and 10 seconds into the second part of that documentary on Youtube:

or, more conviently, at the very beginning of the unaltered extract at the beginning of this video:

ee the first 6 seconds (particularly the bit at 4 to 6 seconds) into the video embedded below which shows the unaltered original footage:

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by jeenyus2008
In contact with hoaxers?!! If I knew of a hoaxer he would be eating through a straw because of the time and resources some people waste to find truth..

Yes, I've deliberately entered into exchanges with several hoaxers over the years.

Where else can I learn more about the methods of the hoaxers and how to spot a hoax?

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 12:49 PM
link   
reply to post by IsaacKoi

Cheers.

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by MentorsRiddle
if they would produce less fake videos, that may make our cause a little more valid to people.

If ufologists can't identify fake videos, the reliance on videos by ufologists is misplaced.

This is a problem with ufologists, rather than the hoaxers.

For a start, more people interested in ufology should see a video as PART of the evidence in relation to any incident. They still need to ask the basic questions that exist in relation to any UFO report e.g. who were the witnesses, when and where did the incident occur etc.

If that basic information isn't available, a video or photo isn't really very good evidence for anything.

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Wow. I can't even believe that so many people today actually hoax videos like these. It makes me sad, because I want to clarify that we aren't the only species on this forsaken universe. But then, some jerk comes in and ruins the point, making you this close to not believe in Aliens anymore through some crappy hoax video. T_T

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 08:40 PM
link   
Another reason that I believe the unedited video is important is because of the flares. Can you imagine how many of these have caused UFO sightings? Lights that appear out of nowhere, etc, are claimed all of the time. This is just another example of natural or explainable phenomena that are mistaken for UFO's.

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 11:55 PM
link   

LOL... look what i found.

Again!?

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 12:20 AM
link   
When I read the thread's title I knew it would be this stupid video again.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 07:27 AM
link   

Sweet

Debunked for sure but still good videos to watch. That Aggressor F-16 was showing all the F-15`s up in the beginning of the first video, that explains why the pilot in the original faked vidoe gave himself whiplash trying to find him.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrGrimm
LOL... look what i found.

Again!?

Sigh...

Well, we do what we can!

top topics

join