It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Powerful Ultra low frequency underwater Possible new lifeforms

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 10:58 PM
link   
TOP SECRET US NAVY BASE ANDROS ISLAND-LOW FREQUENCY RADIO
www.globalsecurity.org...

Atlantic Undersea Test and Evaluation Center (AUTEC)

The Atlantic Undersea Test and Evaluation Center (AUTEC) range systems provide accurate underwater and in-air tracking for both firing platforms and targets using a variety of acoustic beacons and sensors. By taking advantage of the growing maturity of underwater acoustic telemetry, AUTEC can also provide two-way digital data communications with submarines operating at speed and depth. Systems already under test have demonstrated reliable, secure, two-way data transmission over several nautical miles at data rates exceeding one kilobit per second (Kbps). While this is neither wide-band nor long range, it adequately supports the current requirement, and expected advancements will bring higher data rates and longer ranges in the future.

The Atlantic Undersea Test and Evaluation Center (AUTEC) Operating Areas (OPAREA) are located in the vicinity of Andros Island, Bahamas. Facilities and instrumentation for deep-water test and evaluation are available. The complex consists of the following instrumented operating areas:
 OPAREA T-1 through T-8
 AUTEC Shallow Water OPAREA
 Large Area Tracking Range (LATR)

The following non-instrumented danger areas which are the International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO) equivalent to warning areas are located in this OPAREA:
 Danger Area D-3002
 Danger Area D-3003

AUTEC's semi-tropical climate, quiet acoustic environment, and extensive capabilities make it an ideal year-round test facility. AUTEC is located at Andros Island because of its close proximity to the Tongue of the Ocean (TOTO). TOTO is a unique deep-water basin approximately 110 nautical miles long (204 kilometers) and 20 nautical miles wide (almost 37 kilometers), varying in depth form 700-1100 fathoms (1280-2012 meters). The basin floor is relatively smooth and soft, with very gradual depth changes. TOTO is bounded on the west by Andros Island, to the south and east by large areas of very shallow banks that are non-navigable, and to the north by the Northwest Providence Channel. This unique geography results in very low vessel traffic, minimal distant shipping noise, an absence of large ocean swells, and slight currents, while providing operational security and easy access to deep water. These factors make the TOTO an excellent location for a test facility.

North of the TOTO, in the southern boundary of the Northwest Providence Channel, is a shallow-water plateau that varies in depth from 5-400 fathoms (9-731 meters). This convenient plateau, which is adjacent to the Berry Islands, is a prime choice for satisfying littoral warfare test requirements. Other surrogate shallow-water test sites off the east coast of Florida are also available.

AUTEC consists of two facilities. One is located in West Palm Beach, Florida and supports test planning, logistics, and administrative requirements. The actual test facility and range complex is located 285 km/177 nm southeast of West Palm Beach at Andros Island and the Tongue of the Ocean (TOTO) in the Bahamas. Access to Andros Island is limited and must be arranged through the Commander, Naval Undersea Warfare Center Division in Newport, Rhode Island. The AUTEC test facility on Andros Island covers approximately 1 square mile. The test range sea surface covers 2,670 nm2, and unlimited altitude airspace covers 835 nm2.

AUTEC aircraft make scheduled daily flights between West Palm Beach and Andros Town Airport. Commercial flights and special charters are available to supplement the AUTEC flights. Major test support facilities on Andros Island are located at Site 1 in the Command Control Building and Range Support Facility. The Command Control Building houses the range tracking displays and replay centers, the computer center, photo lab, communications center and the central timing system.

The Range Support Facility houses a torpedo post-run workshop, Mk 46/Mk 50 Intermediate Maintenance Activities (IMA), a Target Mk 30 IMA, a Mk 48 R&D Turnaround and extensive technical laboratory facilities. The complex includes electrical and physical calibration labs, a complete electronics maintenance shop, a dive locker, a precision machine shop/office and logistic spaces.

AUTEC has a 285 foot long concrete pier with a controlling depth of 17 feet (5.2 meters) at mean low tide. An adjacent wharf is approximately 240 feet long (72 meters) with a controlling depth of 15 feet at mean low tide. 440 VAC power is available at both locations (200 and 60 Amp at the pier and 60 Amp at the wharf). Facilities at the pier/marine area include fully equipped machine/fabrication and marine overhaul shops.

At Site 1 there are six Range User Buildings (RUBs) available to range users for assembling test equipment and equipment check-outs during a mobilization or dockside period. These staging areas are equipped with a variety of power sources, gantry cranes, compressed air and other minimal to maximum security capabilities. A fully equipped range user hanger, for ground maintenance and storage of helos, is located adjacent to the helo landing area.

Designed specifically as a high-precision RDT&E test facility, the Weapons Range is primarily used to gather highly accurate positional data required to analyze and assess the performance of undersea warfare weapons, weapons systems, and component subsystems. The range provides for 3-dimensional in-water and in-air tracking of multiple objects simultaneously, making it suitable for testing both shipboard and aircraft weapons systems.

The Weapons Range is roughly parallel to the east coast of Andros Island. It is the larger and more versatile of the AUTEC ranges, being over 9 nautical miles wide (17 kilometers) and 35 nautical miles lone (65 kilometers), and capable of tracking nine objects simultaneously. The range is supported by the Main Base (Site 1) and various smaller sites located to the south along the east coast of Andros Island. AN/WQC-2A Sonar Communications Sets provide underwater voice and command link coverage, while HF and UHF radio communications are available over the entire range.

In-air tracking extends to about 70,000 feet (21,000 meters) over the Weapons Range. In-air data are taken in the same coordinate system as the in-water tracking data, allowing multiplatform tests to be monitored in real time and facilitating post-test analysis. Surveillance radars are provided to assure safety.

The in-water portion of the Weapons Range is divided into two instrumented sections located about 2 miles (3.2 kilometers) apart. The larger section, located off Sites 3 and 4, consists of a rectangular array of hydrophones covering an area approxiamately 5 nautical miles wide (9 kilometers) by 15 nautical miles long (28 kilometers). The section provides in-water tracking over an area of up to 230 square nautical miles. The second section, located to the southeast of Site 1, provides a tracking area of about 120 square nautical miles. The two sections of the Weapons Range may be used either independently or simultaneously to support tests.

The primary mission of AUTEC's Fleet Operational Readiness Accuracy Check site (FORACS) is to perform precision measurements of the accuracy of target and navigation sensors installed on surface ships, submarines, and helicopters. AUTEC is certified by the Naval Sea Systems Command (NAVSEA) to perform Sensor Accuracy Tests and is affiliated with the NATO FORACS program. The eight participating NATO member nations are Canada, Denmark, Germany, Greece, Italy Norway, the United Kingdom, and the United States.

AUTEC has a variety of underwater acoustic measurement systems. For measuring the acoustic signatures of quiet vehicles, a high-gain vertical line array is deployed from a boat rigged for quiet operation. The line array is lowered to the running depth of the submerged vehicle so that the vehicle lies within the beamwidth of the line array. Other systems include a portable measurement system composed of a hydrophone, cable, and spectrum analyzer, all powered by batteries and operable from small boats; calibrated, broadband sonobuoys (AN/SQQ-58) for remote collection of ambient noise, biologics, etc.; an omnidirectional hydrophone located on the OHDF, supplemented by an array of sensors, for measuring the acoustic noise of buoyant ascent vehicles. These systems are often operated within the Weapons Range to conveniently measure the separation distances between test vehicle and hydrophone(s) which allow accurate range corrections.

AUTEC, the Navy's premier east coast in-water test facility, recently established a shallow-water test range and minefield to meet the need for operations and evaluation in the challenging littoral environment. Conveniently situated just 8 miles from our local landing site, the shallow-water facility is located 65 miles (120 kilometers) north of AUTEC Site 1 in the southern boundary of the Northwest Providence Channel in the Berry Islands, Great Stirrup Cay, Bahamas.

www.globalsecurity.org...
edit on 06-10-2010 by mysterioustranger because: (no reason given)

edit on 06-10-2010 by mysterioustranger because: spacing

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 01:41 AM
link   
This is silent information and not for your eyes (are you level 4?), but I will show you something - it was the Leviathan!

Best not to disturb it!

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 02:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by mysterioustranger
TOP SECRET US NAVY BASE ANDROS ISLAND-LOW FREQUENCY RADIO

That's in the Bahamas. The bloop was way out in the South Pacific, west of Chile. How is there a connection?

Somehow, through osmosis I guess, I am absorbing the sentiment that they know what it is, but can't say cause it's classified. Therefore we're all wrong.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 02:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by yourboycal2
"Not at all. I just don't want to go to prison. I'd love to tell you all everything I know, but I can't. It sucks, believe me"

Again you missed the point. Then why bring it up or even comment about it, if you know you can't talk ?

Do you understand what im saying to you ? Or shall i simlify it more for you ? Clearly understanding is not your speciality.

Why comment on something you can't talk about ? Nobody cares really , unless you have something of substance to add, if not then i kindly ask you to gtfo =)

Actually - I think you're missing the the bigger picture. I'm glad he commented.

Sure, he didn't give any specific info but the fact that he wants to comment but can't tells us that there is SOMETHING to comment on and that SOMETHING is classified.

In other words - it's not just some mysterious sound that no one has a clue about.

That is very good information - and a place to start as it tells you there is actually SOMETHING to look for.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 02:59 AM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

If you research this...they are beaming THROUGH the Earth to other sides and back and forth. The base is in the Bahamas, their work reaches our subs around the world. I somehow think its like HAARP underwater at times.

Pulse a frequency 5000 ft below the Atlantic, and push it out in the Indian Ocean say, or Sea of Japan. Its being done everyday.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 03:03 AM
link   
reply to post by mysterioustranger

Geoseismic doesn't work this way, seismic waves are reflected and diverted on the boundaries of the earth's core. Soundwaves directed through the earth ARE seismic waves.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 03:21 AM
link   
reply to post by ManFromEurope

Im the 1st to admit I dont have a clue about what they are doing and how. Some interesting things have been written (not by me!) about some highly unusual and unbelievable systems they have been designing and using to reach all parts of the globe with underwater ultra low frequencies waves of radio and microwave transmissions. And apparently for a long time now.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 03:54 AM
link   
reply to post by mysterioustranger

I didn't mean to stop your ideas, I just wanted to point out that the waves aren't running straight through the earth's core. Audiowaves are detectabel in water for very, very long distances, because water is a much better soundconductor than air. So your theory of transmitting signals via audio underwater over the whole world is not implausible.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 06:55 AM
link   

Ok, read your link about SCP-169. I still cant figure out if they are saying this thing is an animal or some kind of huge machine.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 07:18 AM
link   
reply to post by DerbyCityLights

Please read as much as possible from that site, I find it hilarious!
And of course, that is an animal - 8.000 km long..

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 07:52 AM
link   
Maybe they make music with their art

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 08:13 AM
link   
I am surprised at the response an discussion going on on this thread
to all that's contributing there is some interesting things posted so far. I will take some time and go through all

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Here is a recording of the Bloop.
In case you were interested.

Also one of the links here on the youtube page is interesting.
www.livescience.com...
I wonder if the Navy guy can comment about this and offer any insight into this or any creatures that may exist there.
edit on 10-11-2011 by grey580 because: (no reason given)

edit on 10-11-2011 by grey580 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 03:55 PM
link   
You know what things freak me out at night, thinking about them? Basking sharks. Now, they're big massive creatures that can sustain themselves off of krill, and plankton. Now, in a food chain, there's herbivores, and then there's predators. Makes me wonder if there's something eating those things. Something bigger than them. Ships go missing with frequency in the south pacific. Wonder if there's some responsible for that?

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 09:58 PM
link   
Any more to add to this thread?
I'm actually interested in what may be down there in Antartica.

Navy guy. Did you have any more comments?

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 04:46 PM
link   
What's around there? Is it a relatively fertile area for fishing? Any sort of resources? It's off the coast of Argentina. Anything special about that?

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 10:20 PM
link   
I know this is an old thread.
But has anyone dug up any more info on the bloop?

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 05:00 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Saw that.
Made my wife see it.
It was freaky.

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 12:37 PM
link   
reply to post by grey580

Hey grey-

I actually just posted a thread on this. Looks like mystery solved.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join