It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Powerful Ultra low frequency underwater Possible new lifeforms

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 04:56 PM
link   
didnt some hydrophones pick up some weird sounds when the recent japan earthquake/tsunami.

Pretty sure i read that somwhere on ats, the bloop might be simple tectonic plate movement as well as and or unknown technology and animals.

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 04:57 PM
link   
reply to post by navy_vet_stg3

Dude, dont bother YourboyCal is a troll that just picks fights time after time.

Thanks for the insight into USS Stein. I will look that up later.

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 05:10 PM
link   
navy_ vet_stg_3

For the psat 4 or 5 weeks there have been loud " booms" in Ocean City, MD that happen once or twice a week.

Our local news station has reported that they have contacted EVERY agency in an effort to find out what is causing them and they are told that no one knows.

Given your experience underwater would you say these would be from the earth itself or man made ?

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by navy_vet_stg3
There are safe ways to disclose information, otherwise Wikileaks wouldn't exhist. If said classified information is really relevant and if you really wish you could tell us without putting yourself in danger, you could just go to a cybercafe in another city (or in another country, if possible), create a new gmail account and just say what you know. There is no way they could link it to you. And no, not every cybercafe needs your ID to use their computer, so it would be extremelly safe.
edit on 9-11-2011 by henriquefd because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 05:22 PM
link   
not sure there would be enough food to support a grup of enourmous creatures down there, but that certainly doesn't rule anything out.

perhaps it is a phenomena of several creatures sounding off in harmony ?

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 05:30 PM
link   
It's things like this that keep me out of the ocean. Fear of some colossal unknown being, rising out of the deep to ensnarl it's prey within it's cavernous maw. Whatever made that noise would have had to have a pretty big mouth to do so, I reckon. I listened to the sound. It doesn't sound like ice calving. That makes a loud, shot-like cracking noise. Bloop is a long, drawn out, almost yawn-like sound. Like something waking up. You know, Cthulhu was never a true god, but Dagon was. Lovecraft might have been more right than he knew. Bloop happened at around 50° S 100° W. Lovecraft's mythical city of Ryleh was at 49°51′S 128°34′W. But a stones throw away.

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 05:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Grifter42

I was thinking this as well.

Hell maybe all the instability and madness that is appearing across the world is happening because "The Sleeping God" has awakened. Forget about NWO globalists and shape shifting aliens we have to worry about this guy.

edit on 9-11-2011 by Openeye because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 05:50 PM
link   
Ok, after seeing a spectrograph of the recording of the bloop here:
en.wikipedia.org...

Considering the frequency range of that spectro, showing that it centers mostly on the frequency range of 12 to 23 Hz or so, that may very well NOT be tectonic. But it still could be. That's in that crossover range where it could be any number of things. But I will say if it's an animal, it's an awfully big one to be able to originate 12 hz.

12 Hz works out be a wavelength of about 28.6 meters, which is close to 94 feet. At a minimum, the inherent resonant frequency of the animal itself would need to be a good bit lower than that if the animal is to produce 12 Hz. Meaning, if it is an animal, it's a damn big one.
edit on Wed Nov 9th 2011 by TrueAmerican because: (no reason given)

For comparison, after seeing a few spectrograms of whale sounds, the lowest they go is about 19 Hz or so.

And a large ship? 21 Hz
oceanexplorer.noaa.gov...

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Openeye
reply to post by Grifter42

I was thinking this as well.

Hell maybe all the instability and madness that is appearing across the world is happening because "The Sleeping God" has awakened. Forget about NWO globalists and shape shifting aliens we have to worry about this guy.

Arrrrgh Sanity roll

250 million years ago there were some pretty large creatures in the sea, it is quite plausible for something to have remained/evolved from that time, also with the depth and temp large amounts of food may not be an issue.

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Very cool - heard the bloop for the first time a couple of months ago, it had me intrigued (and a tad scared!). Not read a thread about it on ATS yet though - I think I came across the Wiki articles after looking into the "strange noise in the sky" threads.

Also the info on the attacked ship is news to me, so it was interesting to read verified facts on that.

Shame the credible person in this thread has been attacked by a troll, but I too appreciate your input, and totally agree (and understand) the "fill in the blanks" approach.

Plenty of tales from history of ships attacked by giant squids, as in, really giant squids (or just ONE really giant squid). So who am I to doubt it. Looks like we have evidence, both in the form of the "bloop", the story of the attacked vessel sonar, and a veteran. I'm sure there are very big, safe caverns (especially in the Pacific) for such a thing to dwell in.

Spooky stuff, definitely a flag for this!

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 06:33 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

The link i provided explains most of what you have stated about the difference in frequency compared to this phenomenon.

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by indisputable
reply to post by TrueAmerican

The link i provided explains most of what you have stated about the difference in frequency compared to this phenomenon.

Yeah, and I guarantee you that the 12 hz is where the problem lies, and is one important reason why they can't identify it. But the signal has not been heard since, implying it may have more to do with natural tectonics, than animals. On the other hand, could have been a powerful nuclear sub of some kind. And good luck finding spectrograms of those...

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 06:50 PM
link   

I'm a Submariner Sonar Operator, so I know how you feel.

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheInterceptor

Dude, dont bother YourboyCal is a troll that just picks fights time after time.

Thanks for the insight into USS Stein. I will look that up later.

Posting in a thread that you have information about the topic of discussion but adding nothing to it because it is all classified could also be seen as trolling. Just saying.

EDIT: Just thought of something. The unkown sounds are distinct from each other and were heard only once. Whereas sounds of creatures are captured multiple times. So, if those 8 unknown sounds, some quite strong, were produced by creatures, how come they never heard them again?

Same thing if the sounds were produced by an alien subaquatic civilization. We would expect the sounds to be repeated, or at least for more sounds to be produced by said civilization. Which leads me to believe the sounds were produced by isolated events at the bottom of the ocean.

Supposing the sounds were caused by such events and that they have to be remained classified, that could either mean something serious for everyone, or for specific regions. Someone said a sound comes south of Argentina. Suppose the sound is a prelude of a huge cataclysm to happen in Argentina. Not warning that country could play into an strategic agenda of those who hold the information. So, it doesnt necessarily have to mean something that affects the whole world.
edit on 9-11-2011 by henriquefd because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by navy_vet_stg3
As a Naval Sonar Technician, I would love to comment on this thread (you have no idea how much I want to comment), but I don't want anyone knocking on my door.

Isn't that already a comment? .. as George Carlin said "No Comment" is a comment =)

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 08:19 PM
link   
Did they ever dive down to the bottom of where Bloop originated? How deep is that particular spot? I wouldn't volunteer for the job for love or money, but it'd be a project with a lot of value scientifically speaking.

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 08:30 PM
link   

I know,I know don`t tell me its a Russian type............ oh sorry you said you can`t talk!

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 08:54 PM
link   
Funny, we spend millions looking for alien life out there when alien life exists down here.

Just because it is water does not make something living in it an animal and considering the minuscule percentage of the ocean explored I would say we have seen more of mars, pluto and the moon that our own oceans.

There are hundreds if not thousands of living beings yet to be found.

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 09:34 PM
link   
You have only to read SIFI by ex military authors and check the publication dates to see how some have given very good hints about what they learned in the military that was to secret to talk about.

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 09:59 PM
link   

She is noteworthy as a U.S. Navy vessel that has apparently been attacked by an unknown species of giant squid. In 1978, the "NOFOUL" rubber coating of her AN/SQS-26 SONAR dome was damaged by multiple cuts over 8 percent of the dome surface. Nearly all of the cuts contained remnants of sharp, curved claws found on the rims of suction cups of some squid tentacles. The claws were much larger than those of any squid that had been discovered at that time.[1]

I think it was Cthulhu.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join