It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Powerful Ultra low frequency underwater Possible new lifeforms

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 10:13 AM
link   
NOT sure what forum this belong so please move if needed thanks

from wiki ....ultra-low frequency and extremely powerful underwater sound detected by the U.S. National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) in 1997. The source of the sound remains unknown

Names given to theses different types of sounds are: Train, Whistle, Slowdown, Bloop, Julia and Upsweep they all differ in length, frequency and Time. So i would assume they are not all from the same source ? but i hate to assume lol At the end of this thread there will be a link to hear the sounds for you self please give me feed back the doors are wide open on this one people.

The system that is currently being used by civilian scientists to moniter this phenomenon and various other things was built in the 60s. It was originally used by the military to pick up submarines during the cold war. Compared to what science could use today the SOSUS which is short for Sound Surveillance System is in a way nearly obsolete, but that's my opinion. The SOSUS uses hydrophones in different locations around the world.

The location of these audio's were traced to, and i say this losely around 50° S 100° W. Which according to the data provided on wiki and and then i used Google earth to triangulate it is west of the southern tip of Argentina. Which puts the origins in the south Pacific Ocean.

Explanations that have been provided so far are, Animal in origin, The audio of the Bloop has been quoted to be the same in composition to that of a living creatures.Wiki states that the sound is still several times louder than any living animal such as the largest species in the sea the blue whale. When referencing to the Bloop any creature could not have the capability of manufacturing the sound through there lack of size needed to produce such levels of sound that has been recorded by science. What i have just said is only in conjuncture to the species we have discovered. So this leaves me to believe that there are many larger marine lifeforms that we are not aware of. What furthers my belief that they are life forms is the fact that the Bloop in particular has not been heard since 1997. I wonder if they migrate in a pattern of years rather than seasonal ?. Here is a link where you can compare and look at the relative statistical info of the sounds from the sea and compare difference. It is an easy guide to follow. Sources that will be covered in this link are Earthquakes,Volcanic Tremors,Large Ships,Small Ships,Airguns,Blue Whales,Humpback Whales,Fin Whales,Minke Whales,Slow Down,Bloop
LINK

Antarctica shelves moving and breaking. It seems that many of the explantions for the sounds revolve around ice calving. This is still not proven and remains an assumption at best. When reffering to this topic it still remains a
mystery in the scientific community.
Here is a site to listen to the sounds you do need flash player tho sorry
LINK
I would love your input on this matter as i am new to this topic thanks

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 10:25 AM
link   
I've heard the Bloop sound before. There are a few old threads on here about it. It is an odd sound and does to me sound like it comes from a living creature. I think the assumption that the creature would have to be larger than the largest know whale is speculative at best though. The sound could be made like a cricket. Those little buggers can make amazingly loud sounds just by rubbing their back legs together. Just thinking outside the box on this one.

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 10:34 AM
link   
reply to post by DerbyCityLights

That is true i did not think about concerning land animals as a basis for that assumption thanks

+1 more 
posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 10:35 AM
link   
As a Naval Sonar Technician, I would love to comment on this thread (you have no idea how much I want to comment), but I don't want anyone knocking on my door.

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 10:47 AM
link   
Maybe this "Sounds" are not created by "one Creature",
we have to think in a bigger scale,
"why do this Sounds do not come from a Collective of Creatures"?

There is a wonderful Book by an German Author:
en.wikipedia.org...

Maybe this Sound came from "The YRR"

EDIT:

They discover that the yrr are single-cell organisms that operate in groups (or swarms, hence the novel's title), controlled by a single hive-mind that may have existed for hundreds of millions of years. The yrr form a collective intelligence and have inheritable memories that are passed on by manipulating parts of their DNA. Individual yrr recognize each other by using a specific pheromone.

edit on 9-11-2011 by Human0815 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by navy_vet_stg3
As a Naval Sonar Technician, I would love to comment on this thread (you have no idea how much I want to comment), but I don't want anyone knocking on my door.

well then why tease us ? Do you get your jollys off? Teasing us , just to tell us you can't talk ?

Like reallly . Next time just don't comment.

As for the sound i believe its something small blown out of proportion , probably a disturbance with other frequenices to create a byproduct frequency they detect now.

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 11:09 AM
link   
reply to post by navy_vet_stg3

Why don't you tell us a sci-fi story then.
Just a story... a work of fiction.
Make it up as you go along.
You know what I mean.

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 11:11 AM
link   
Well I'd love to comment but I can't. I'm a submarine sonar tech.

Ok...I will. It's the Alien City down below. Me & the crew subtrip all the time down there. Quite fascinating indeed and the ladies there are fine.

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by yourboycal2
well then why tease us ? Do you get your jollys off? Teasing us , just to tell us you can't talk ?

Not at all. I just don't want to go to prison. I'd love to tell you all everything I know, but I can't. It sucks, believe me.

Originally posted by yourboycal2Like reallly . Next time just don't comment.

There have been a lot of stories about stuff underwater, and I've bit my tongue with all of them. This one, being biological in nature, was a cool one. I will share this, since it's in the public domain. Google the USS Stein (FF-1065). Now, do your own math.

What was really fun was listening to the sounds while at sea, and hearing what's all around you. One thing, I now live in Colorado. Far, far, far from any ocean.

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 11:28 AM
link   

My math sucks. I'm guessing though it has to do with very large creatures in the Ocean.

She is noteworthy as a U.S. Navy vessel that has apparently been attacked by an unknown species of giant squid. In 1978, the "NOFOUL" rubber coating of her AN/SQS-26 SONAR dome was damaged by multiple cuts over 8 percent of the dome surface. Nearly all of the cuts contained remnants of sharp, curved claws found on the rims of suction cups of some squid tentacles. The claws were much larger than those of any squid that had been discovered at that time.

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 11:33 AM
link   
"Not at all. I just don't want to go to prison. I'd love to tell you all everything I know, but I can't. It sucks, believe me"

Again you missed the point. Then why bring it up or even comment about it, if you know you can't talk ?

Do you understand what im saying to you ? Or shall i simlify it more for you ? Clearly understanding is not your speciality.

Why comment on something you can't talk about ? Nobody cares really , unless you have something of substance to add, if not then i kindly ask you to gtfo =)

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Wow, that was the first I have heard of the USS Stein!

She is noteworthy as a U.S. Navy vessel that has apparently been attacked by an unknown species of giant squid. In 1978, the "NOFOUL" rubber coating of her AN/SQS-26 SONAR dome was damaged by multiple cuts over 8 percent of the dome surface. Nearly all of the cuts contained remnants of sharp, curved claws found on the rims of suction cups of some squid tentacles. The claws were much larger than those of any squid that had been discovered at that time.[1]

From wiki:en.wikipedia.org...(FF-1065)

That's friggin CRAZY!!

I've seen a show on the discovery channel on giant squid where they got a picture of an eyeball of something HUGE, they figured it was a 180 to 200 ft squid. I know they fight with sperm whales but I wonder what else is down there that they would eat that grows so huge
besides navy subs that is

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 11:40 AM
link   
I guess its also possible that a blue whale ate taco bell and had to fart.

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by navy_vet_stg3

Originally posted by yourboycal2

Not at all. I just don't want to go to prison. I'd love to tell you all everything I know, but I can't. It sucks, believe me.

Originally posted by yourboycal2Like reallly . Next time just don't comment.

There have been a lot of stories about stuff underwater, and I've bit my tongue with all of them. This one, being biological in nature, was a cool one. I will share this, since it's in the public domain. Google the USS Stein (FF-1065). Now, do your own math.

What was really fun was listening to the sounds while at sea, and hearing what's all around you. One thing, I now live in Colorado. Far, far, far from any ocean.

USS Stein: www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 11:49 AM
link   
reply to post by yourboycal2

Geez, lighten up there.
You should really try and do some more research on your own, and I'm sure you can figure out a lot of it. My whole purpose is to add a little credibility (if that's even possible on the internet) to some of this stuff, since it's something I have first-hand knowledge in. No, I'm not going to come out and start sharing stuff that was, and still may be classified. That would be stupid. However, there is a lot of declassified information available on the oceans and what is in the ocean. Like I said, do your own math on it. If you're incapable of reading between the lines and drawing your own hypothesis, then that's your problem.

There are real world ramifications to conspiracies, and you can't possibly expect someone who works at (for example) Area 51 to jump on ATS and say, "Hey, there are aliens in the south-west hanger, here are the photos". That would be suicide for them. I'd love to know what's at Area 51. I'd love to know what happened in 1947 in Roswell and why "weather balloon" technology is still classified. However, I'm capable of doing my own math. Take Roswell, for example. Official story is that it was a weather balloon used to detect nuclear detonations in the Soviet Union. Okay, fair enough. Now, let's add a little common sense to the equation. Today, November 2011, we use seismographs to detect nuclear detonations, along with satellites, etc. We don't use weather balloons. Also, I can walk up to a F-117 stealth fighter at an airshow and damn near touch it. As far as weather goes, we have Doppler Radar and satellites for that. So, why would a "weather balloon" still be classified? It wouldn't be, unless of course, it was NOT a "weather balloon". See how that works?

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 11:55 AM
link   

"Geez, lighten up there. You should really try and do some more research on your own, and I'm sure you can figure out a lot of it. My whole purpose is to add a little credibility "

Lets see how you like it .

Hey nvy vet ! Guess what ! I was a on top secret mission to alaska to recover , a very unusual ... Actually nevermind i can't talk about it , I don't want to go to prison.

sorry for wasting your time. What was i thinking.

But there is so much information on the internet you can look up about it Good luck ! You should really try and do some reserach on your own . Im sure you can figure it out with a good enough attempt.l Lots of declassified information !

do you understand now? Or shall i break it down more for you ?

The point is if you can't talk about X

don't come in and talk about something you can't talk about ? Just to tease people ? Do you understand the point im getting at charlie?

surley the navy taught you something .

actually nevermind ..

sir , yes , sir..
edit on 9-11-2011 by yourboycal2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 12:06 PM
link   
reply to post by yourboycal2

In your scenario, I'd be fine with that. People acknowledging that there IS "something" that happened is information in and of itself. Do you not understand that? Going back to the Roswell example; If nobody had said anything, you would never have even had a theories about it. Nothing. People haven't come out and given in depth details about what they saw, heard, or experienced, yet we have a lot of evidence, and we know there is something that's being hidden. You're not going to get your answers at once, unless it's a death bed confession. However, people don't need every piece of a puzzle to know what the picture is. We may not have all the details, but we have enough of them to understand what that puzzle really entails.

Imagine you're in a conversation with a former fighter pilot. The subject of UFO's comes up, and you explain how UFO's have always fascinated you, blah blah blah. The pilot says something to the effect of "Yeah, I really wish I could tell you what I've seen while flying, but it's classified", are you really that ignorant to NOT be able to understand what he's saying to you? Do you need him to put it in Crayon font for you?

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 12:26 PM
link   

""Yeah, I really wish I could tell you what I've seen while flying, but it's classified", "

Do you know how many people come up with this claim ? only to be empty ? There are far far far more fails then there are actual positive outcomes from these claims.

Your not the first , your one of a thousand+

If i can't talk about it , i wouldn't bring it up simple.

Why open your mouth with useless information ? Makes no sense? Espically if you can't back it up ?

Just keep quite , to your self and your fairy tales will make more sense .

BTW , I am a demoliton expert and i have to tell you something about 9/11 . But i'll go to prison if i tell you !

What did this accomplish ? besides hearsay , speculation and adding fire to ignorance?

deny ignorance is the modo my good man not fuel it.

If you got nothing good to say , then keep it to your self. . Espically with hear say and things like..

Add something of substance. Nobody cares about your secret life you can't talk about

its useless information. and looks trollish for a little attention.

It gets us no where ? do you compute?

" people don't need every piece of a puzzle to know what the picture is"

Who said every piece ?

all you added was ..

i wish i could talk but i'd go to prison?

a monkey im sure could string that together

its of no substance.

Can i tell you about my years at the secret service?

Only thing i can tell you though is i wore black suit , and had a concieled weapon....

now where does that get us?
edit on 9-11-2011 by yourboycal2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 12:26 PM
link   

I for one would welcome your input but only if it is in your best interest

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 12:30 PM
link   

So there's something larger than a blue whale that's unknown to science making those noises?
interesting.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join