It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Live -Students protests from London

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 08:55 AM
link   
They protest against students cuts and right to a free education and the preservation of the welfare state.

rt.com...

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 09:01 AM
link   
I'm watching the protests on Sky News. News anchor Kay Burleigh is her usual inaccurate self, she's been describing the demonstrators as rioters off and on for the last 2 hours even though for most of that time the demonstrators have simply been trudging peacefully along the streets of Central London.

Oh. Now the English police are pulling down the tents in Trafalgar Square, no Occupy there then. Kay's laughing at that ... "what will the Police do with those tents haha".

When the revolution comes, I hope we remember the partisan news anchors & their role in all this.

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 09:02 AM
link   
This aerial shots are amasing

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 09:17 AM
link   
Tell me those policemen "attempting" to hold a line against them aren't scared out of their minds right now.

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 09:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by dethduck
Tell me those policemen "attempting" to hold a line against them aren't scared out of their minds right now.

So is that what you'd like to see? Police (doing their duty) in fear for their safety?

I am on the side of the students, as long as it's peaceful.

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 09:25 AM
link   
Seems the police are making a big effort to ensure nothing stops and nothing gets in the way of the march.

The MSM saying that many protestors are way ahead of the main march and are joining it as it approaches. Mass of police on horseback.

The BBC says;

Security is tight, especially in the City, with 4,000 officers on duty and plastic bullets on standby.

www.bbc.co.uk...

Tents were put up in Trafalgar square but police will not let anyone divert from main route so the occupation of the square is currently being cleared up.

These are students protesting... I hope this stays peaceful, but there's always someone who is up for a bit of laugh and begin to stir up trouble...whether that is covertly done by security forces etc. or just by some fool who got in trouble from the recent London riots..

Time will tell...
edit on 9-11-2011 by Extralien because: typo

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by welshreduk

Originally posted by dethduck

So is that what you'd like to see? Police (doing their duty) in fear for their safety?

I am on the side of the students, as long as it's peaceful.
Don't jump to assumptions. I wasn't advocating or even hoping for violence. I was making commentary on what it must be like seeing a throng of people that massive pushing towards you while trying to form a barrier between them and their destination. It's a frightening prospect whether you are a policeman or not. Why is everyone so quick to attack everything others say these days?

Considering what happened last time they protested student fees, I'd be more than a little frightened. Wouldn't you?
edit on 11/9/2011 by dethduck because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Don't jump to assumptions. I wasn't advocating or even hoping for violence. I was making commentary on what it must be like seeing a throng of people that massive pushing towards you while trying to form a barrier between them and their destination. It's a frightening prospect whether you are a policeman or not. Why is everyone so quick to attack everything others say these days?

Which is why my response was a question not an accusation, this is why I used a question-mark in my reply. I was asking you if that is what you wanted, you've replied clearly indicating not so thats fine with me.

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 09:44 AM
link   
Live Stream:

OccupyLSX UStream

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 09:52 AM
link   
I like the way the OP's link is advertising the protest...

UK students fight debt slavery:
Student protestors take to the streets of London amid fears of a violent police crackdown. They are fighting for the right to a free education and the preservation of the welfare state.

rt.com...

It's always nice to see things from another point of view..

Estimates are currently around 5000 to 10,000 protestors.

Lovely time for this to happen, what with Italy's debts being charged 7% interest and Greece up to their eyeballs too, add to that that the FTSE 100 is down 122 points (2.20%) at time of posting...

top topics

join