It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are we to excuse cases of Jewish terrorism in the middle east?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 08:54 AM
link   
en.wikipedia.org...

The cases involving jewish terrorism pre-date the formation of the modern day state of Israel.

The Irgun policy was based on what was then called Revisionist Zionism founded by Ze'ev Jabotinsky. According to Howard Sachar, "The policy of the new organization was based squarely on Jabotinsky's teachings: every Jew had the right to enter Palestine; only active retaliation would deter the Arabs; only Jewish armed force would ensure the Jewish state".[2]

The Irgun has been viewed as a terrorist organization or organization which carried out terrorist acts.
The Irgun are also responsible for the bombing of the King David Hotel.

And further more...

The Irgun was a political predecessor to Israel's right-wing Herut (or "Freedom") party, which led to today's Likud party.[4] Likud has led or been part of most Israeli governments since 1977.

This is a list of Jewish Irgun terrorist attacks.
en.wikipedia.org...

Interstingly, of all the terrorist attacks in Israel, the Irgun hold the record for the highest number of casualties... 91.
During the King David hotel attack.

This is an Irgun poster...

I guess Islamic terrorist groups are not the only ones with maps and weapons on their flags.

In conclusion, why is it that only muslims are the ones accused of terrorism in the middle east?

Are there any muslim "terrorist" acts that pre-date the formation of the modern state of Israel?

edit on 9-11-2011 by sk0rpi0n because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 09:04 AM
link   
From your source:

The Israeli government, in September 1948, acting in response to the assassination of Count Folke Bernadotte, outlawed the Irgun and Lehi groups, declaring them terrorist organizations under the Prevention of Terrorism Ordinance.[3]

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 09:11 AM
link   
reply to post by micmerci

Fair enough.

Also from MY SOURCE....

The Irgun was a political predecessor to Israel's right-wing Herut (or "Freedom") party, which led to today's Likud party. Likud has led or been part of most Israeli governments since 1977

So... what if al-qaeda changes names becomes a political party tomorrow.
Would a political party that had al-qaeda as a "political predecessor" be as legitimate as the party that evolved from those former jewish terrorists?

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 09:20 AM
link   
reply to post by sk0rpi0n

We should not excuse ANY terrorist activity on anyones part be it Jewish or Arab!

Both sides are guilty of much harm to the other.

On this website, I see daily attacks on Israel claiming atrocities however, few people mention the massacres that the Arabs perpetrated against Jews in the land pre-Israel, or the numerous airplane hijackings in the 70's which included blowing up the planes and killing innocent passengers. Or even the Achillo Lauro Cruise ship that was hijacked and a non-Israeli US citizen who was disabled in a wheelchair was thrown overboard. Then there was the Munich Olympic massacre, and then....and then.....

Both sides are guilty and need to grow up and learn to live together! Unfortunately, the current situation is far too profitable for both sides! Yasser Arafat amassed hundreds of millions of US Dollars sent to aid the Palestinians from other Arab regimes.

Unfortunately the leaders we pick (who the media foister on us) in most (if not all) countries need to be replaced by people who have the best interests of humanity at heart and not their own pocket or agenda!

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 09:25 AM
link   
The IRA commanders and now the leaders of Sinn Fein their own website even says "considered to be the political wing of the IRA" all these groups should be brought to account,regardless of who they are.

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 09:28 AM
link   

I'm very well versed on the Irgun terrorist group.....my uncle was a pilot with the 6th Airborne Division in the British Airforce in WW2 and was sent to Palestine in 1946. Yes he was inside the King David Hotel when it happened and lost many of his comrades, barely got out alive himself. His father, my grandfather (an ANZAC) was based in Egypt at the time....he fought the Ottomans in WW1 in Palestine.

The irony of it all....my uncle is Jewish and one of the last remaining war veterans in NZ from WW2.

www.britains-smallwars.com...

yes there was Arab terrorist groups in Israel before 1948.....in fact they existed as early as 1921.

edit on 9-11-2011 by bluemirage5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 09:52 AM
link   
I don't think it is incumbent upon the world to excuse anything that is going on in the Middle East. However, it will soon be incumbent upon the world to do something about it.

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Al Qaeda abandoning violence and moving on to politics is a more than welcome step in the right direction, much like what the PA did in 2004.

How is the Irgun's move to politics, rather than continuing to resort to violence, a bad thing?

With respect,
Eliad.
edit on 11-11-2011 by Eliad because: (no reason given)

top topics

join