It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Dog is a Serious Commitment (Cats Too!)

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 02:06 AM
link   
Ah,
I love my cat

I've had him for a few years back home before i went to college, had him since he was born. After i moved from my roommates to get my own place, i brought him down with me. His first few nights in the new apartment were interesting, he kinda just hid under the couch for a few days.

He lived at my parents, but he was an indoor cat, the only time he ever went outside he got hit by a car and his tail is paralyzed now, I dont have a picture of him uploaded. But he is FURRY and FAT and he loves everyone and everything. Especially my girlfriends blanket. Haha

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 02:46 AM
link   
We had 3 cats when I was growing up. We let them out whenever they wanted to go out, I felt this was standard practice. The first cat we had was a bit of a loner and didn't really like the second cat that came along and spent more and more time outside. One day I came home from school to find it in the lounge in a cardboard box, dead, with my little brother and sister crying. It had been hit by a car. I loved that cat and we'd had her 8 years.

When I got married, settled down and had kids they wanted a dog. I promised them when we got a bigger enough place I'd get them one and we did, a miniture Dachs. I've always wanted a big dog and 2 years got a Bernese. I walk him 2-3 miles every day too. I can't imagine letting them roam and had no idea people did this to their dogs in the US. This is terrible, for the dog, and for people. If you let your dog roam you're a total idiot.

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 05:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Bluesma

Your pictures made my day.

Such a beautiful family. Wild, free, loving.

Thank you for sharing and giving us all a little bit of joy in place of the doom and gloom.

Horses and donkeys are a big time commitment. Sad when people are just either too plain lazy or ignorant of the responsibility.

Worked on a horse farm for three months in the Ozarks and got to know a horse, a ex race horse and this guy could run. He was very intelligent and loving.

Always wanted a horse, but couldn't afford the upkeep nor the time.
edit on 11-11-2011 by ofhumandescent because: grammar

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 05:44 PM
link   
reply to post by itscocobaby

Beautiful cat.........another uplifting picture.

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 06:06 PM
link   
What a sad post....poor dog. Our dog and cat mean everything to us. Our cat was a stray who showed up on our door step as a very young kitten. We named him Snoopers and he is a polydact (extra toes) and has been our good luck charm for the last ten years. Our dog Jordan is the love of our lives....a puppy from the pound and is so smart and sweet. I will never buy a "pet" from a mill. They are not pets, they are our family members....who expect to have a present to open at Christmas, and sleep in a warm bed with us and have clean water and food.

Our pets would be hurt to be treated like we didnt care about them! As do any of the stray or abandoned animals do. It really upsets me to hear about this.

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 06:31 PM
link   
How do I upload a picture? I will if I know how to!

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 07:00 PM
link   
for caring.

I have two dogs and one cat.

Have you seen this vid:

edit on 11-11-2011 by Thurisaz because: fixed link
yeah!

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 12:37 AM
link   
reply to post by ofhumandescent

Thanks Ohd..she is a joy and lots of fun to watch..so full of energy, thanks again for your post Cheers Coco

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 05:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Thurisaz

For sharing.

Bad situation..............the filth and smell must be horrendous.

The lady means well but it's sad.

Are all 130 cats fixed? If not you're going to see hundreds more and than what?

I wish this lady well, she has a kind heart and God, Siberia

We're talking really cold weather.

edit on 16-11-2011 by ofhumandescent because: grammar

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 12:21 PM
link   
People throw away their own children these days so animals don't stand a chance anymore. It's more of a risk for them to find a forever home. It's the age old problem that is never going to change.

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 11:15 PM
link   
reply to post by SouthernPride

Not if people become more aware and compassionate.

That's the key.............education.

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 11:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Bluesma

Not sure if i posted this before, time for bed.............that is one beautiful and happy picture.

Thank you for sharing.............sweet little girl and beautiful dog.

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 06:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Afterthought

Sinbad wouldn't eat or drink, he laid in the laundry room, deeply depressed............yes depressed that his previous owner just decided to discard him for a newer, healthier jack Russel model..............I wish you could have seen St. Sinbad (for if ever anyone is a saint he is)......how he pined and was depressed over being given away like a thing.

These are beings with feelings.

No, they can't make H bombs or Nuclear facilities, or pollute the earth like we smart humans do........but hey never the less see, they seem to have what many of us humans seem to be lacking....................a heart, compassion, unconditional love with no strings attached.

No agenda, no payback.............simply unconditional love.
edit on 7-12-2011 by ofhumandescent because: grammar

edit on 7-12-2011 by ofhumandescent because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 09:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Maxatoria

Yep, if you support greyhound racing, you suppor this hearless industry.

No,animals (dogs/cats don't have the intelligence level of a "human").

But are they messing up the planet like we intelligent humans are?

Myself, I've never been betrayed by dog ---- only by a human.

edit on 10-12-2011 by ofhumandescent because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Choose to be kind or hard heartness.

Each person is tested, soul wise.

I myself confess here in, I have not been perfect.

But as I grow older, wiser and closer to meeting up with the Grim Reaper, I am now trying very hard to choose kindness.

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 10:01 PM
link   
This is so sad. Dogs are so beautiful, and can be intelligent, and pleased when they do big things too. This is one amazing dog, seems like a lab or lab cross too. She reminds me of the dog we grew up with, a golden german shepherd. Had to have had some lab in her past the generations needed for the papers, in any case, her father threw golden pups alot. We didn't have our orchard fenced, and dad refused to chain her up. He does believe in securing your yard though, but it was not possible to do for the orchard. She stayed home, luckily.

Salsa Dancing Dog.mp4
edit on 10-12-2011 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 10:10 PM
link   

It's a age old problem that will never change if people do not become involved.

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 10:14 PM
link   
Had a four month old English Springer Spaniel shot in her front leg by some jerk down the road, she lived and was one of my best hunting dogs. She's been gone a while now but my two Springers now have shock collars and have been trained to "come" when called for their own protection. They are expensive, amazing bird dogs and as such, I protect them.

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 10:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

What won't they do to please us?

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 10:20 PM
link   
reply to post by queenofsheba

Anyone shoot my Lucy, I would hunt them down and they would end up dead.

Don't care who reads this.................be warned.

You hurt or kill my dog and I will come after you.

And sorry, I'm not a terrorist or nutzo, but my little Lucy is my fur baby and you hurt her.............better pray I don't find you.

My dog does not bark, she is not allowed to roam, I keep a close eye on her.

She is a quiet, gentle little soul, polite and very well mannered dog........................hurt her and you will deal with my wrath.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join