It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bill Clinton's book "Back to Work"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 08:28 AM
link   
So I saw Bill Clinton on the Daily Show last night promoting his new book "Back to Work". In it he advocates job creation for economic growth. But didn't he sign NAFTA in 1993? Didn't this result in millions of American jobs being sent to Mexico and ultimately to China? Is anyone else mad about this, his audacity and his being so unashamed?????

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 10:10 AM
link   
reply to post by scrybe

He actually offers some very interesting ways to get the economy moving forward again, you can't help but respect his ability to think outside the box.

But yes, he signed NAFTA. Though, to be fair, when he signed it we were adding so many tech jobs that loosing a few manufacturing jobs didn't seem like a big deal. It wasn't until 1999/2000 when the dot-com crash occurred that it was seen as a "oh # we have no back up plan".

But jobs were being shipped overseas since the 1970's, manufacturing anyways, and really gained steam in 1980's.

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by scrybe
So I saw Bill Clinton on the Daily Show last night promoting his new book "Back to Work". In it he advocates job creation for economic growth. But didn't he sign NAFTA in 1993? Didn't this result in millions of American jobs being sent to Mexico and ultimately to China? Is anyone else mad about this, his audacity and his being so unashamed?????

Exactly, I said the same thing myself when I saw this goon on television trying to whore off his latest piece of nonsense.

Clinton should be in jail for treason, not on tv trying to promote his writing career.

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 10:25 AM
link   
reply to post by illuminatislave

Come on you have to admit it's kinda funny to watch an ex-president that has no legal way of ever running again throw the sitting President, in his own party, under the bus by saying "Man I got all these great Ideas, don't y'all wish you had a real politician in the White House, because that guy's ideas suck!" Almost as funny as the time Obama and Clinton appeared at an event together and Clinton never let Obama get a word in. Clearly you can see the level of respect for the schmuck Obama.

join