It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Please ATS, bring back the ignore button!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 07:53 AM
link   
ATS used to be a place where 1 or 2 posts in 10 was a real drag to read.

Either I've changed, or ATS has changed ... a LOT!

Now it's more like 1 in 10 is worth reading, IME.

When the ignore feature was around, I used it only twice on posters I felt were so irritating, I couldn't trust myself to skim or skip their posts without getting emotionally involved or reactivated.

Now, I find myself looking for the ignore button several times on each and every page of each and every thread.

An interesting thread may run 5 or 10 pages in a day or two, and that's a few hours just to catch up before I feel I am familiar enough with the content to start participating. And that's an hour or two of mostly reading mindless rants, opinions as fact, insults, ad-hom attacks, off topic info and glaringly obvious biases without much if any research.

There are still a few posters on ATS whose comments remain full of interesting facts and well researched opinion and data, and a few who post stuff that is highly challenging and stimulating, even though I don't agree with it.

I'd like to be able to filter my own experience of ATS to remove posts from members I've taken the time and effort to determine that their general tone of input is not helpful, useful or entertaining to me. The ignore button would enable that - why was it removed? Can we have it back please?
edit on 9/11/11 by RogerT because: added please!

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 08:13 AM
link   
reply to post by RogerT

I'd like to be able to filter my own experience of ATS to remove posts from members I've taken the time and effort to determine that their general tone of input is not helpful, useful or entertaining to me.

Then dont read the threads by those people.............seems like the best "ignore" button to me

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 08:42 AM
link   
I'll bet you're talking about this person: LOL

I can't seem to ignore them either.

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 08:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Balkan

You're mighty funny!
Care to elaborate?

On second thought, I AM pretty darned important and ignoring me might result in your life being less meaningful.

I would also like to see the ignore button used. Way too many people who aren't that great at defending their positions resort to insulting others' intelligence and name calling. Complete troll tactics and this becomes apparent when you zing them back and the truth comes out. They can dish it out, but they can't take it.
edit on 9-11-2011 by Afterthought because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 08:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Balkan

haters gonna hate

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 09:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Afterthought
reply to post by Balkan

You're mighty funny!
Care to elaborate?

I was never here for an ignore button, I like reading every bodies views.

Was/is the ignore button really that badly needed?
edit on 9-11-2011 by popsmayhem because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 09:02 AM
link   
Lovers gonna love!

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 09:03 AM
link   

Lovers gonna love!

DON'T IGNORE THEM BRO!!

=( There feelings are very tender.
edit on 9-11-2011 by popsmayhem because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 09:07 AM
link   
reply to post by RogerT

I miss the days when ATS had the ignore feature.
I miss it,I need it and I want it back,BUT,it is gone

and we will never get it back

We have to teach ourselves to overlook those we wish
to ignore and pass them by.

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 09:12 AM
link   

I've seen that assface on the Opie and Anthony message board. Retards of that caliber should have their internet privileges revoked.

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Lovers gonna love!

I don't even want, none of the above...

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 09:20 AM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

The ignore button was completely useless. A cop out feature for members who aren't able to formulate proper replies to posts, or members who can't control their own emotional reactions and are some how "Forced" into replying.

It's a pretty lame argument I'll tell you that. Everybody's opinion matters and if there's a particular one you don't like, you see their name & avatar prior to reading what they have to say, just scroll down.

~Keeper

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 09:21 AM
link   

I've been trying to ignore that guy for years. What a pathetic waste of perfectly good bits and bytes on the forum. ATS would be a better place if he were ignored by everyone.

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 09:23 AM
link   
What if all ATS members were treated as independent contractors as soon as they published a thread?
We could block certain posters from even participating in the discussion because they're abusive, derogatory, ill mannered, and obnoxious.
Since ATS can ban members from the site, thread authors could be choosy about who can participates in their thread.

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 09:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Afterthought
Since ATS can ban members from the site, thread authors could be choosy about who can participates in their thread.

Would quickly become an exercise in letting in persons in that agree with the OP only.

I can only think of a handful of situations where I miss the ignore button. I can tell it's not coming back.

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 09:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Pinke

No. I enjoy the members who can participate in a mature and intellectual debate. I'm speaking about those who cannot refrain from calling people stupid and making personal attacks.

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 09:46 AM
link   
/ranton

Since I created my account here at ATS (I had been a long term lurker before that) the majority of the posts that I have came across were well thought out and intelligently put together. However this year, there seems to have been a lot of new people join up and they're only goal seems to be to turn this site in to a nonsense site like GLP.

I don't want the ignore function back, I just want the idiots who are bringing the reputation of this site down to be banned...but then again, they'd probably just create a new account and start it all over again. *grrr*

/rantoff

Rev

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 09:51 AM
link   
reply to post by revmoofoo

Agreed. There have been a huge influx of trollers lately.
What if there were mini bans put in place. Every time you insulted someone's intelligence or integrity, you couldn't post for an hour. Something, anything (!) to get these people to wisen up and go back to the boards that allow this sort of behavior. The personal attacks need to stop. Just because you don't agree with me doesn't mean I'm stupid or gullible.

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 10:21 AM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

Oh,I can formulate proper replies but those pesky
T&C rules prevent me from doing so.

Nobody forces Mama to do anything either

edit on 9-11-2011 by mamabeth because: added

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 10:28 AM
link   

LOL thank you for remembering me although I have never found a common thread you and I have posted on.

When did we post something together? Was it a long time ago? Time has moved forward and you remembered me, I feel honored. But thank you for thinking of me, and you could always make me your rival if you wish.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join