It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is the World a Person and it's Inhabtants the Voices in it's Head?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 07:46 AM
link   
Could our actions be it's thoughts and our deaths it's words? Would do you think about looking at it this way?

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 07:49 AM
link   
reply to post by thisisnotaname

This is highly unlikely. If the earth was actually alive/sentient we would be more like a virus, or maybe cancer.

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 07:56 AM
link   
Too be honest with you, I just could never imagine a celestial body that could be so perverted in its nature like, say, the human race...

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 08:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by thisisnotaname
Could our actions be it's thoughts and our deaths it's words? Would do you think about looking at it this way?

If we compare with "humans" we consist of a lot of different cells, with different "jobs" to do. Our thoughts only occure in the brain. So if the world was a living organism, we would have to be the "brain cells", for this to be true. I would think it would be more likely, if we (and the earth/world) was just ONE cell, and the hole universe would be the "person" and we would NOT be a part of the brain.

But it always fun to think about the big picture, and there is a infinte number of possibilities, so who knows`??

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 08:15 AM
link   
If we're the world's thoughts it must be the most psychotic being in the universe who is slowly killing itself for something that is irrelevant to itself.

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 08:30 AM
link   

Yes you are completely right.....I should know. I'ts my head. Sorry it's so screwed up in there....I've always been a bit scatterbrained.

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 08:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by RedParrotHead

This is highly unlikely. If the earth was actually alive/sentient we would be more like a virus, or maybe cancer.

The Earth is ALIVE...HELLO!!!! Humans do act like a cancer!!! Didnt you see the Matrix?

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 08:47 AM
link   
reply to post by RedParrotHead

We have developed into a cancer, we were not always a cancer. I blame the industrial revolution, but that's just me. It was at that point we took (obviously) right towards MATERIALISM! I believe the Earth is as much aware as you or I, she just has different ways of showing it. In fact, Shamanism, which is the oldest religion on Earth, is about "getting in touch with the Earth Mother"...

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 08:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tea4One
If we're the world's thoughts it must be the most psychotic being in the universe who is slowly killing itself for something that is irrelevant to itself.

What else would be expected of something that is aware forever and can never die?

What sort of games would you start playing with yourself?

Perhaps since you know everything is alright no matter what happens, you actually would just see how deep and dark you could go?

Explains a lot more than any dogma, yeah?

Namaste.
edit on 9-11-2011 by ErgoTheConfusion because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 09:41 AM
link   
The Earth is most certainly alive. I am most certainly a part of the Earth and if I was the only living thing here, the Earth would still be alive.

Could we say that we are like cells like cells are on us? Probably.

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 10:03 AM
link   
reply to post by smithjustinb

No the earth is not alive, not in the literal sense anyway. Animals and plants are alive. Earth helps sustains life but isn't actually alive.

Now fire, fire may actually be alive.

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Its a dream scape, interactive school. The realms when you lucid dream/obe and nde's or after life are more real than here. The universe is like a sleep lab school. And its like a pool of water. So we're all spongebob sort of. With levels of gravity and I want out. I wonder if its better to help from within, or to send love and light and good help and inspiration to people from without.

This was seen very clearly in a shared lucid daydream with a friend where we we had an experience together. And, it brought some contact with "ET?", "gate keepers?" or "dream guides", but I knew immediatley they were from Orion. And was told it is a privilege to be here, despite the negativity. To be able to learn more about our weaknesses and to work at waking up and putting talents in use to try and nudge and help others is a gift.

To really push limits on exploring consciousness, lucid dreaming, and bringing this into meditation, what could be called daydreaming, or remote veiwing style luicidity, and obe's are very useful.

The cross over between this and actual contact is really eye opening for me. And I'm just taking baby steps in learning this.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

advancedlifeskills.com...

During sleep our brain is, in fact, extraordinarily active. As it turns out, much of that activity helps the brain to learn and remember. Sleeping is involved in the learning and memory process in several important ways. Let’s look at 3 of them.
Sleeping helps people recover forgotten skills

A study conducted by The University of Chicago concluded that sleep helps the mind learn complicated tasks. It also helps people recover knowledge they thought they had forgotten over the course of a day.

For example, in one study, after learning how to play a video game much of that skill was lost within 12 hours. Amazingly, after a night’s sleep those lost abilities were restored. Why does this happen? It’s a consolidation process that brain goes through while we are asleep.

This is an interesting link:
www.neilslade.com...

www.dustincurtis.com...

Hello, polyphasic sleep

One of the ways to force your brain into REM sleep and skip the other phases is to make it feel exhausted. If you’ve gone 24 hours without sleep, you might notice that you drift away into dreams straight from being awake. This because your body goes instantly into REM sleep as a protection mechanism. The way to hack yourself into entering REM sleep without being exhausted is to trick your body into thinking you’re going to get a tiny amount of sleep. You can train it to enter REM for short periods of time throughout the day in 20-minute naps rather than in one lump at night. This is how polyphasic sleep works....

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 11:27 AM
link   
Reply to post by thisisnotaname

Who gives the antipsychotic to the planet thats hearing voices? Hmmmmm...........

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

top topics

join