It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Dad Has Cancer

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 07:45 AM
link   
Hello everyone. I know there are a lot of sources of information and insight here on ATS. My dad has stomach cancer and I was wanting to here of things that can help. Foods to eat, treatments, comforts, ect..... I really want to help him in anyway I can. I know there are things out there that could help and are not persued because of low profitability and the inability to patent a plant. If you ask me it is truly selfish to not use our resources to find cures instead of just experimenting with peoples lives and seeing what they can take. I'm calling B.S. and saying it is time to start finding cures instead of treatments.

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 07:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Turkenstein

I lost a parent to cancer.....

I think the thread I am attaching is the Dr who has a clinic down in Houston...........

Use the search button as well......there are a lot of threads here..........

Hopefully one will help.....

www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 9-11-2011 by Cloudsinthesky because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 07:51 AM
link   

Here's a thread I wrote a few weeks ago. I hope it helps.

12 Ways to Cure Cancer

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 07:52 AM
link   

Antiproliferative mechanism of a cannabinoid agonist by cell cycle arrest in human gastric cancer cells.
Park JM, Xian XS, Choi MG, Park H, Cho YK, Lee IS, Kim SW, Chung IS.
Source
Division of Gastroenterology, Department of Internal Medicine, College of Medicine, The Catholic University of Korea, Seoul, Korea.
Abstract
For gastric cancers, the antineoplastic activity of cannabinoids has been investigated in only a few reports and knowledge regarding the mechanisms involved is limited.

[red]We have reported previously that treatment of gastric cancer cells with a cannabinoid agonist significantly decreased cell proliferation and induced apoptosis. [/red]

Here, we evaluated the effects of cannabinoids on various cellular mediators involved in cell cycle arrest in gastric cancer cells. AGS and MKN-1 cell lines were used as human gastric cancer cells and WIN 55,212-2 as a cannabinoid agonist. Cell cycles were analyzed by flow cytometry and western blotting.

Treatment with WIN 55,212-2 arrested the cell cycle in the G0/G1 phase. WIN 55,212-2 also upregulated phospho-ERK1/2, induced Kip1/p27 and Cip1/WAF1/p21 expression, decreased cyclin D1 and cyclin E expression, decreased Cdk 2, Cdk 4, and Cdk 6 expression levels, and decreased phospho-Rb and E2F-1 expression.

ERK inhibitor decreased the proportion of G0/G1 phase which was induced by WIN 55,212-2.
Inhibition of pAKT led to cell cycle arrest in gastric cancer cells. Cell cycle arrest preceded apoptotic response.
Thus, this cannabinoid agonist can reduce gastric cancer cell proliferation via G1 phase cell cycle arrest, which is mediated via activation of the MAPK pathway and inhibition of pAKT.

Copyright © 2011 Wiley-Liss, Inc.

PMID: 21312237 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]

My father has died of cancer and I wish that I knew then what I know now .

I wish a speedy recovery for your father .

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 07:56 AM
link   
Hi. I've lost two grandparents and my wife's grandma all to cancer in the last 3 years. It is evil and becoming more and more common. I don't have any ideas of what may help your dad but I would like to wish you the best of luck with finding anything that will ease his pain or subdue the symptoms.

It will be a difficult road for you but stay strong and keep fighting.. both of you. I hope your dad makes a full recovery.

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 07:57 AM
link   
Almost lost my mom twice to breast cancer. I have no sound advice other then to do anything and everything you can to make your dad at ease. You're best bet is to listen to the sound advice of the posters above. I'm only posting to let you know you guys are in my prayers. Best wishes to you.

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 08:01 AM
link   
Best wishes for your Dad.

If no one has touched on it yet (I haven't seen it yet)

Try a search on baking soda cures for cancer.

Also Rick Simpson - a Canadian farmer who researched cures after a relative passed from it. I believe he found the cure in ancient Chinese medicinal remedies.

Its hemp oil. To be ingested in 1 gram doses, every day for 30 days. The testimonials are incredible, and moving.
When I first read up on this, I was of course skeptical. Until I read more and saw the testimonials (search youtube) of the people he had helped, and of the fact he never accepted any form of payment for it.

Its all been handed to us. We've been lied to for a very long time.

Take care all.

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 08:16 AM
link   
Tea seems to help prevent most gastro cancers.

Not sure if it treats it well once fully formed.

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 08:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Turkenstein
Hello everyone. I know there are a lot of sources of information and insight here on ATS. My dad has stomach cancer and I was wanting to here of things that can help. Foods to eat, treatments, comforts, ect..... I really want to help him in anyway I can. I know there are things out there that could help and are not persued because of low profitability and the inability to patent a plant. If you ask me it is truly selfish to not use our resources to find cures instead of just experimenting with peoples lives and seeing what they can take. I'm calling B.S. and saying it is time to start finding cures instead of treatments.

As a cancer survivor, myself, I would suggest that you do not try to discourage the allopathic treatments suggested by your Dad's oncology team. Rather, consult with a licenced naturopath to see what might help mitigate the side effects, and then try to get his doctors on-side.

You'll hear a lot about the evils of Big Medicine, but the fact is that your Dad's doctors decided that they would devote their lives to fighting cancer and have the best suite of weapons available...ever. The key to success is to catch the diagnosis early and start the battle. I would advise that you don't make it rougher by spurning standard treatment for what you heard from 'some guy on the net', who has no real investment in the outcome.

Toughest part for me was trying to convince everyone else that it was no big deal...when in fact it was. Keep that in mind. Sometimes the best thing you can offer is your presence and a sense of normalcy in a world suddenly turned up-side-down. Show your love. Good luck.

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 08:26 AM
link   

I heard apricot seeds can help ...they contain a vitamin called b17 check out youtube using these search (apricot seeds/ b17) terms you can find lots of info on these working for people ...best of health to your pops

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 08:53 AM
link   

I am truly sorry..........My father has cancer too.....I also work a lot with cancer patients. My experience is that stomach cancer is deadly, and usually only diagnosed in late stages. It has a poor prognosis. I have only seen surgery to remove parts of the stomach work for a little while, and the quality of life disappears once the patient is subjected to radiation and chemo........I guess prayer never is a bad thing. I do not know of any treatment to actually cure it, only delay the return of it. Blessings to you and your family. I am sorry.

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 09:16 AM
link   
I am currently going through traditional treatments for cancer and it is working wonderfuly. I have a great team of doctors and nurses seeing me trough this. I just want to say that your Dad has my prayers. Keep us posted on how he is doing. I will also pray for you to have the strength and courage to cope. You can send a private message if you'd like to talk.

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Dear Heavenly Father I command the spirit of cancer in your dad to leave and the spirit of healing to be released.

I command the cells in your dad to heal and rebuild and to make in whole again.

I plead the blood of Jesus upon your father that he may be healed and know that the One
True God whose name is Jesus did it.

In Jesus Name I pray Amen Amen Amen.

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 10:55 AM
link   
I have heard many things about natural cures.

One is cancer does not like oxygen.

A rich environment like a decompression bell,

Maple syrup and baking soda, because the cancer does not like alkaline

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Starwise

My experience is that stomach cancer is deadly, and usually only diagnosed in late stages. It has a poor prognosis. I have only seen surgery to remove parts of the stomach work for a little while, and the quality of life disappears once the patient is subjected to radiation and chemo........I guess prayer never is a bad thing. I do not know of any treatment to actually cure it, only delay the return of it. Blessings to you and your family. I am sorry.

On the other hand, the father of a friend of mine had surgery to remove cancer of the stomach and lived another twenty years or so with a fine quality of life. He died in his seventies...the cancer had been cured. Which is all to say, each case is different, and a little hope can go a long way.

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 04:57 PM
link   
My heart goes out to you (and others) with having to come to grips with Cancer.

I do recall (as was mentioned above) that there are a number of threads on ATS that address 'possible' relief from this terrible disease. As was also mentioned above, do not rule out the suggestions from a qualified licensed Doctor.

I just had a neighbor that died from cancer and he refused to do anything the Doctors wanted him to do and he tried to treat himself. And let's not forget also the Steve Jobs just recently passed away and again, for as smart as he was, he supposedly refused the suggestions from the Medical world.

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 05:06 PM
link   
It's scary how many people have a relative, a friend with cancer or lost someone due to cancer. Like all the respondents to this post I pray for your father and your family. I lost my father to cancer and I hate to think that all these years have past and all this money invested in research and no cure. Why?

I'm not sure if you've heard of Dr. Burzynski. He has broken the barrier to cancer research and the U.S. Government and the FDA are trying to shut him down because he has found a cure. Here is the link to his clinic:

Dr. Burzynski Clinic

Here is a documentary based on his studies...it's AMAZING:

Dr. Burzynski Movie

Again, my prayers to your father and your famly.

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Go buy Kombucha Tea stat. It will help balance the Ph state of the body. It works well in the intestional tract since it contains probiotics,polyphenols, and antioxydents. Hope this helps.
edit on 15-11-2011 by Oannes because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 01:55 PM
link   
I'm very sorry about you Dad. I'm sure you are all going through a range of emotions.

Some people are drawn to natural methods such as Gerson Therapy.

But, as with anything, you should not believe everything you read on the web and you should partner with a physician before starting anything.

pro:
gerson.org...

con:
www.cancer.org...

top topics

join