It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Now what a story this is! ..what a doctor said infront of an abortion

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Natame
Ok im sorry but i guess i have issues with this... a womans body is hers and hers alone. I have had three wonderful children and i know i would never have aborted them. But i also believe a woman has the right to choose her fate. I do understand the fact that a baby once conceived is alive. But knowing that there is alot of different reasons that a woman could or would want to terminate that said pregnancy is her CHOICE. I would never dictate to anyone that wanted to have a tattoo or plastic surgery, to have a cancer removed or life threatening surgery..Your body belongs to you... only you have that choice to do what you will with it.

You disgust me. I'm tired of hearing this worn out excuse. You're right, the woman did chose her fate by becoming PREGNANT. She had a CHOICE with HER BODY to NOT BECOME PREGNANT but apparently didn't exercise this CHOICE.

Sure, she could CHOSE to KILL her unborn baby, but because it is HER BODY we are supposed to be more understanding of this? And don't give me the rape and incest excuse, because that's a very very small percentage of why abortions are performed. Most are performed because of a variety of other reasons (didn't want, too young, etc...)

Again, I will assert my belief that forced medical birth control for children when they reach puberty should be mandatory to prevent children being born to women who would rather KILL than put up for ADOPTION, because it is a matter of convenience.

The doctor is a hero in my book.

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by captaintyinknots

Originally posted by rumor21

I agree with the doctor, I'm a women and i understand the whole women's rights thing but if you don't want kids there's plenty of different kinds of birth control out there all you have to do is use it.

Bc fails. Things happen. Obviously you dont understand the 'women's rights thing'....

Things happen like what the condom broke or i forgot to take my pill, Please.

Condoms do break. BC does fail, for MANY reasons.

Sad, really, if you actually are a female(obviously not a woman) and have such little regard for the rights of your fellow kind....

Look, all I'm saying is many girls and i know many that use abortion as a birth control and i think it's sad because i do think it's murder. Oh and no need for the insult.
edit on 9-11-2011 by rumor21 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 07:07 PM
link   
I couldn't read all this thread due to the manic ramblings of mad religious nutters, hiding behind ignorance. Unsurprisingly these are people who are pro guns ( a lot of the time) or pro military, but where is your outrage concerning these, you cherry pickers, you?

Has anyone said "Rape" yet?

There are many reasons for having an abortion.
They are all personal.

What a load of propaganda and cobblers the OP is.

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 07:07 PM
link   
reply to post by captaintyinknots

This argument holds no water. There are half a million children waiting to be adopted in this country right now. HALF A MILLION. The adoption system is broken, and is not the answer (not to mention, this argument does not take into account the physical toll taken on a womans body).

Wrong, wrong and wrong again. It's the U.S. governments sanctions against adoptions that are the problem. It takes about 6 months of red tape to adopt a baby. The "half million" kids waiting to be adopted are kids that are taken from bad homes by the social services bureau and placed into foster care and orphanages. Those kids usually range from 6 years old to 17 and adoption agencies will tell you as soon as you sit down at the table not to adopt any child that is not an infant or newborn because they will have issues you will not be able to deal with and there's a no return policy on adoption, once you sign your soul on the dotted line that kid is yours.

Really, you know nothing about adopting i can tell by your statements so just stop dude. My wife and i are there right now waiting to adopt a child we have all the paperwork filed, have had the home study done etc. The problem is the lack of babies being born or put up for adoption, not the lack of parents waiting to adopt.
edit on 9-11-2011 by lonewolf19792000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Freenrgy2

Ok im sorry but i guess i have issues with this... a womans body is hers and hers alone. I have had three wonderful children and i know i would never have aborted them. But i also believe a woman has the right to choose her fate. I do understand the fact that a baby once conceived is alive. But knowing that there is alot of different reasons that a woman could or would want to terminate that said pregnancy is her CHOICE. I would never dictate to anyone that wanted to have a tattoo or plastic surgery, to have a cancer removed or life threatening surgery..Your body belongs to you... only you have that choice to do what you will with it.

You disgust me. I'm tired of hearing this worn out excuse. You're right, the woman did chose her fate by becoming PREGNANT. She had a CHOICE with HER BODY to NOT BECOME PREGNANT but apparently didn't exercise this CHOICE.

Sure, she could CHOSE to KILL her unborn baby, but because it is HER BODY we are supposed to be more understanding of this? And don't give me the rape and incest excuse, because that's a very very small percentage of why abortions are performed. Most are performed because of a variety of other reasons (didn't want, too young, etc...)

Again, I will assert my belief that forced medical birth control for children when they reach puberty should be mandatory to prevent children being born to women who would rather KILL than put up for ADOPTION, because it is a matter of convenience.

SO you would rather take away the right to have control over your body all together than have women able to make their own decisions?

And what, again, makes you the authority?

Also, for the record, the phrase "to kill an unborn baby" is an oxymoron.

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 07:08 PM
link   
reply to post by heineken

This whole pro-life/pro-choice debate is such a gross misappropriation of effort. There are millions of suffering & starving children in their 4th trimesters and beyond right in your country. Until we learn as a race to take care of these children, we have no right debating this subject. This is a classic case of 'Cart before the horse.'

Besides, we decide who lives & dies on a daily basis with capital punishment, terminal illnesses & political differences. We humans are very adept death dealers. Let's focus our life-saving efforts on the millions who reside outside of the womb first. Then, & only then do we have the right to debate this with a straight face.

Hello ATS

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 07:11 PM
link   

My baby was born at 26 weeks. Read this Post. He was 100% aware, he felt pain, he cried, he longed for his Mama. I also had the 4D ultrasounds of my babies done before 24 weeks, and all of their movements and snapshots resemble the exact movements and expressions they have now.

In the NICU there were PLENTY of babies born at 24 weeks. Sure, they needed some help, but they were full-fledged babies, not masses of cells.

3rd Trimester Abortions are as evil as can possibly be imagined. That baby feels its brains being sucked out and its skull crushed. That baby has already become accustomed to the patterns of its mother, the way she walks, her heartbeat, her voice. It is outright murder, guaranteed!

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000

This argument holds no water. There are half a million children waiting to be adopted in this country right now. HALF A MILLION. The adoption system is broken, and is not the answer (not to mention, this argument does not take into account the physical toll taken on a womans body).

Wrong, wrong and wrong again. It's the U.S. governments sanctions against adoptions that are the problem. It takes about 6 months of red tape to adopt a baby. The "half million" kids waiting to be adopted are kids that are taken from bad homes by the social services bureau and placed into foster care and orphanages. Those kids usually range from 6 years old to 17 and adoption agencies will tell you as soon as you sit down at the table not to adopt any child that is not an infant or newborn because they will have issues you will not be able to dela with and there's a no return policy on adoption, once you sign your soul on the dotted line that kid is yours.

Really, you know nothing about adopting i can tell by your statements so just stop dude. My wife and i are there right now waiting to adopt a child we have all the paperwork filed, have had the home study done etc. The problem is the lack of babies being born or put up for adoption, not the lack of parents waiting to adopt.

1)I never said it was the lack of parents waiting to adopt. I said the system is broken. SO in all that mess you just typed, all you did was agree with me on that matter.

2)You can tell what i know or dont know from one single post that I made that you (sadly) misunderstood? Well, arent you quick to judge...for the record, I worked in child services for a very long time. Maybe you ought not jump to conclusions...

3)None of this changes the fact that just because you are shooting blanks, does not mean that you have the right to tell someone they MUST have a baby. That is so completely illogical it is laughable.

4)One of the MAJOR issues in the system right now is the fact that american parents want to adopt white infants. Did you know that a child in foster care over the age of 13 has more of a chance of ending up in prison than being adopted? Are you looking to adopt any child? Or the blonde haired blue eyed baby?

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready
but they were full-fledged babies, not masses of cells.

lol, we are ALL masses of cells!

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 07:13 PM
link   
reply to post by aorAki

Yes, plenty of said Rape. Although it still shouldn't be a 3rd Trimester decision, it should be a 1st trimester decision.

Life of the Mother
Rape
Incest

Are the universally accepted exceptions to abortion. Only a very small minority of religious nutters won't agree to those exceptions, but those extremities also don't believe in birth control.

Yes, I am pro-guns. Guns don't equal Murder. People can murder with any implement, even a scalpel!

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 07:14 PM
link   

My baby was born at 26 weeks. Read this Post. He was 100% aware, he felt pain, he cried, he longed for his Mama. I also had the 4D ultrasounds of my babies done before 24 weeks, and all of their movements and snapshots resemble the exact movements and expressions they have now.

In the NICU there were PLENTY of babies born at 24 weeks. Sure, they needed some help, but they were full-fledged babies, not masses of cells.

3rd Trimester Abortions are as evil as can possibly be imagined. That baby feels its brains being sucked out and its skull crushed. That baby has already become accustomed to the patterns of its mother, the way she walks, her heartbeat, her voice. It is outright murder, guaranteed!

If you want to discuss late term abortions and the issues with them, I will gladly do so. I am very against them in most cases. But I will never say that, since they are allowed, all abortions should be illegal.

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by aorAki

but they were full-fledged babies, not masses of cells.

lol, we are ALL masses of cells!

OK. You get that one.

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 07:15 PM
link   

I agree with the doctor, I'm a women and i understand the whole women's rights thing but if you don't want kids there's plenty of different kinds of birth control out there all you have to do is use it.

Bc fails. Things happen. Obviously you dont understand the 'women's rights thing'....

Sad, really, if you actually are a female(obviously not a woman) and have such little regard for the rights of your fellow kind....

Look, all I'm saying is many girls and i know many that use abortion as a birth control and i think it's sad because i do think it's murder. Oh and no need for the insult.

No insult intended. You are obviously quite young, which is the point I was making.

No abortion should not be a form of birth control. But just because some use it as such, you want to take away the right of EVERYONE to decide what happens with their body?

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 07:15 PM
link   

First off, I contend that a Fetus is not the same thing as a baby. Secondly, birth control is seriously flawed for some woman and some woman can't be on birth control (at least in traditional hormone form). Also, are you seriously going to sit there and pretend that all birth control work 100% of the time? Oh, and don't even get me started on being abstinent as a form of birth control because sex is an important part of a relationship for any couple whether it's important to them to have sex or not have sex at all. Most people do like sex and if you intend to be with someone the rest of your life and you marry them without having sex with them only to discover that you have little to in common sexually or that you don't enjoy sex with each other it is a mistake. I think your being naive. Oh and the doctor in the story is obviously a dumb ass. It is just as hard and risky for a mother to give birth in many cases as it would be for her to get an abortion. Incourageing a woman to kill an already born baby to give birth to an unborn fetus is just as risky in many ways as getting an abortion and then your also putting the fetus and the mother at risk when the baby is born....They could both die and then the mother would have nothing if she killed the perfectly safe already born baby. How would the doctors suggestion make any sense at all...All the story did for me is make me think of how stupid that doctor must be....

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 07:17 PM
link   

SO you would rather take away the right to have control over your body all together than have women able to make their own decisions?

Lol. You think you have control of your body now? You eat monsanto foods, you eat foods made in factories with God alone knows what kinds of inorganic poisons in them. You drink soda pops with aspartame that rots your bones and causes cancer (aspartame is the fecal material ejected by bacterium), cigarette smoke, food and medications laced with disease causing prions. The chemtrails ejecting God alone knows what kinds of pollutants in the air and you make your agrument about having "control" of your body?

Dude, you don't have control of your body right now. All the stuff youre exposed to each and everyday could be breeding some kind of deadly disease in you that you don't even know about and you think you have control of your body? Get a clue, you don't control anything in your life or about your life at all. Control is an illusion the slave masses are indoctrinated on so that they will continue to be good little slaves instead of killing themselves or rebelling.

Youre not controlling your body when you abort a baby, youre murdering another person because there's not just 1 body, there are 2 bodies. Two bodies equals two people.

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 07:18 PM
link   

No insult intended. You are obviously quite young, which is the point I was making.

No abortion should not be a form of birth control. But just because some use it as such, you want to take away the right of EVERYONE to decide what happens with their body?

I think women should have the right to do as they please with there bodies, and I'm not trying to take that away i just think the baby should have a chance. I'm not religious or anything but i feel in my core it's a life at conception. I'm 37 by the way.

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Well, if you are willing to discuss "late-term" abortions, then it isn't really an issue of women's rights is it?

Earlier in the thread I said this:

I definitely think there are only one narrow exception, the mother's life that should make 3rd trimester abortions legal. All others should be banned. I think 2nd trimester abortions should be only with some extenuating circumstance, but maybe a little more broad area for the Doctor's to choose from.

For 1st trimester abortions, I still don't like it, but if we implement some kind of mandatory counseling or education, and both parents are represented in the decision making when possible, and everyone is in agreement, then I wouldn't be totally against it.

But, I don't believe this is an issue of women's rights over their own body, unless their health is involved. I believe all parties should be represented. Go back to page 2 of this thread, and there is a good discussion about it.
edit on 9-11-2011 by getreadyalready because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Wrong again. The "choice" begins at the decision to have unprotected sex. No sex = no pregnancy. Pregnancy is not "accidental." It requires a conscious decision, or CHOICE to have sex. How convenient for liberals to say that "choice" begins when someone gets pregnant when they didn't want to. 100% selfish. Don't even go into the argument about rape and all that - that's a cop-out.

You refer to the woman's body being her own? Whose body is the baby's? The mother's? Not really. Just because it hasn't been born yet doesn't mean that it's not its own person. And comparing a living being to a tattoo or plastic surgery is reprehensible. You need to have your head examined.

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Ok im sorry but i guess i have issues with this... a womans body is hers and hers alone.

I know i am a late comer to this thread but here goes anyway....

....it sounds like you just supported the legalization of prostitution. Am I correct?

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000

Lol. You think you have control of your body now? You eat monsanto foods, you eat foods made in factories with God alone knows what kinds of inorganic poisons in them. You drink soda pops with aspartame that rots your bones and causes cancer (aspartame is the fecal material ejected by bacterium), cigarette smoke, food and medications laced with disease causing prions. The chemtrails ejecting God alone knows what kinds of pollutants in the air and you make your agrument about having "control" of your body?

Dude, you don't have control of your body right now. All the stuff youre exposed to each and everyday could be breeding some kind of deadly disease in you that you don't even know about and you think you have control of your body? Get a clue, you don't control anything in your life or about your life at all. Control is an illusion the slave masses are indoctrinated on so that they will continue to be good little slaves instead of killing themselves or rebelling.

Youre not controlling your body when you abort a baby, youre murdering another person because there's not just 1 body, there are 2 bodies. Two bodies equals two people.

The thing you are missing here, "dude", is that any of those things that I do, I CAN CHOOSE TO DO. Do y9ou want to take away that right to choose as well? Do you think it is your place to decide what is right and wrong for other people?

I'm sorry that you feel like you have such a lack of control in your life. I am quite in control of mine. I do find it interesting, though, that you would go on and on about how little control we each have, yet you would take steps to give each of us even less control. Do you see the flaw in that logic??

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join