It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Now what a story this is! ..what a doctor said infront of an abortion

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tarno
It's not like we're crowded on Earth or can't come up with ways to easily remove diapers if it gets crazy.

Fact check:

It's really the amount of food we can produce that determines how "crowded" the Earth is.
And with a billion people starving or hungry right now as we speak...

edit on 9-11-2011 by Ghost375 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 06:12 PM
link   
reply to post by GrimReaper86

Could a fetus survive without being attached to the mother as it grows? No. So therefore this "growth" lives off the woman until it can live on it's own (even if it can't fend for itself when it's born). Really I would therefore consider a fetus more like an advanced form of parasite.

Ah, and where would you be had your mother decided to dispose of her parasitic unborn "growth"? All that you are and have become, the sum of your experiences and wisdom (or lack thereof). When you murder an unborn child, you are snuffing out a life that could have been lived. You are making the choice for this unborn child and taking away their 16th birthday, their first kiss, their first girlfriend, their first baseball game or first time driving a car, their first child, their grandchildren, you are not just destroying one life you are destroying entire future generations. in essence by murdering one unborn child youre murdering hundreds, thousands maybe even millions of their decendants. How does it feel to be a mass murderer? How does it feel to be the next Manson, or the next Hitler?

You know what happens when you kill off an unborn child? You could have killed off the person that would cure cancer in the future or AIDS, or cure alzheimer's disease. You could kill off the next Mozart, or Leonardo DiVinci. The unborn person you are murdering could be God's next gift to humanity. The untapped potential and the life not lived, youre not just robbing an unborn child of life youre robbing mankind of a person that has all the potential to be had to be something great, a force for good in the world.

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 06:18 PM
link   
reply to post by heineken

=) King Solomon would have been proud,, people... he didn't really know which lady was the real mother biologically.. all he wanted to know was if one of you could love this child.. and I care not who... many mothers can't have children, many kids would love a family... ADOPT!!!!!! =) end of rant

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 06:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Super64PR

I just need to interject here that plants are also sentient. I know that's not acceptable thinking yet, but I recall a time not so very long ago when animals weren't considered sentient either. You heard it here first, friends. Plants are aware in every sense of the word. Sometimes I think they're more aware than most humans wandering around out there.

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 06:22 PM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

or you might kill off the next Hitler...

It's all a matter of perspective and I know you are killing potential when you kill a Fetus. That doesn't mean anything though as potential can be potentially anything for one, and for another when did potential come to define what is. I have the "potential" to be whatever I want to be when I grow up. At least that's what I and most children are told by their parents. The thing about potential is that it doesn't actually promise anything good....It is merely a possible outcome. Another possible outcome is that a child grows to be a horrid monster who resents its parents. Or becomes a mass murderer.....or dies from SIDS in the crib anyway. So while a fetus has the "potential" to become a thinking learning human that could do a lot of good or bad things it is not defined by it's potential any more then a seed is defined by the tree it could be. Tree huggers probably wouldn't go so far as to protest the killing of seeds. (unless maybe they were the last seeds of a particular species or something) No, they just protest the killing of trees that are already trees....a baby is not a fetus and a fetus is not a baby. I still feel this way.

Oh and had my mother had an abortion and where I not to exist or have any experiences...How could I resent them. I don't remember anything BEFORE being born. I don't think I even remember anything before the age of 2. It's impossible to be mad or resentful if you don't exist.
edit on 9-11-2011 by GrimReaper86 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ghost375

Originally posted by Tarno
It's not like we're crowded on Earth or can't come up with ways to easily remove diapers if it gets crazy.

Fact check:

It's really the amount of food we can produce that determines how "crowded" the Earth is.
And with a billion people starving or hungry right now as we speak...

The alternative to regular food are insects, you should go read in to the benefits of them. They might actually become a food source one day

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seventhdoor

Do you see any culture in the world eating babies?

Yes there are cultures that still practice this. All you have to do is look at the people of Liberia (look up General Butt Naked) or the Congo. The Korowai of Papau still use it as a cultural practice.

Just to let you know, it still exists.

But eating babies is not the same as an abortion (early term)

I am pro choice (early term only)

I have no problem with abortions unless it takes place in the later terms.

And I find it funny how people just say "abstain abstinence of sex".

We are sexual beings. Like it or not, saying "no" to sex is usually not enough to stop it from happening...
edit on 9/11/2011 by InnerTruths because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 06:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Natame

You compare cancer to an unborn child? That's not even close to the same thing. I find abortion to be a clear cut case of murder. HOWEVER I do agree that is a persons choice. Just as it's a persons choice to pu;; a trigger to end a life. Cancer or a tatoo isn't the same though

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 06:30 PM
link   
reply to post by heineken

and if that were a true story, the doctor deserves to be disbarred, and then beaten.

I wont even go into the logical and factual fallacy of what is trying to be proven. Bottom line, this story is sad propaganda and has no place here.

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by GrimReaper86

Sure, Hitler, or Beethoven, or Jesus........

Would You Consider Abortion in These Four Situations?

Issue Date: January/February 1999

1. There is a preacher and wife who are very, very poor. They already have 14 kids. Now she finds out she is pregnant with her 15th. They are living in tremendous poverty. Considering their poverty and the excessive world population, would you consider recommending abortion?

2. The father is sick with sniffles, the mother has TB. They have 4 children. The first is blind, the second is dead. The third is deaf and the fourth has TB. The mother finds she is pregnant again. Given the extreme situation, would you recommend abortion?

3. A man raped a 13 year old black girl and she got pregnant. If you were her parents, would you consider recommending abortion?

4. A teenage girl is pregnant. She is not married. Her fiancee is not the father of the baby, and he is very upset. Would you recommend an abortion?

If you have answered “yes” to any of these situations:

In the first case you would have killed John Wesley, one of the great evangelists of the 19th century.

In the second case, you would have killed Beethoven.

In the third case you would have killed Ethel Waters, the great black gospel singer.

In the fourth case you would have recommended the murder of Jesus Christ.

With U. S. abortion deaths topping 30 million, only God knows what we have sacrificed in lost human talent and creativity.

Source

The Virgin Mary would surely be stoned to death in today's Middle Eastern world, and with her story of the immaculate conception, in the Western world, she would be found mentally ill, and probably end up homeless and tricking on the streets to feed baby Jesus!
edit on 9-11-2011 by getreadyalready because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready

Originally posted by GrimReaper86

Sure, Hitler, or Beethoven, or Jesus........

Would You Consider Abortion in These Four Situations?

Issue Date: January/February 1999

1. There is a preacher and wife who are very, very poor. They already have 14 kids. Now she finds out she is pregnant with her 15th. They are living in tremendous poverty. Considering their poverty and the excessive world population, would you consider recommending abortion?

2. The father is sick with sniffles, the mother has TB. They have 4 children. The first is blind, the second is dead. The third is deaf and the fourth has TB. The mother finds she is pregnant again. Given the extreme situation, would you recommend abortion?

3. A man raped a 13 year old black girl and she got pregnant. If you were her parents, would you consider recommending abortion?

4. A teenage girl is pregnant. She is not married. Her fiancee is not the father of the baby, and he is very upset. Would you recommend an abortion?

If you have answered “yes” to any of these situations:

In the first case you would have killed John Wesley, one of the great evangelists of the 19th century.

In the second case, you would have killed Beethoven.

In the third case you would have killed Ethel Waters, the great black gospel singer.

In the fourth case you would have recommended the murder of Jesus Christ.

With U. S. abortion deaths topping 30 million, only God knows what we have sacrificed in lost human talent and creativity.

Source

The Virgin Mary would surely be stoned to death in today's Middle Eastern world, and with her story of the immaculate conception, in the Western world, she would be found mentally ill, and probably end up homeless and tricking on the streets to feed baby Jesus!
edit on 9-11-2011 by getreadyalready because: (no reason given)

and yet I wouldn't regret their loss because I would never know of them. Besides I was only familiar with two of those names. Also how many people exist because someone's mother didn't get an abortion when she thought about it. Probably a lot more people don't get abortions then do. Yet despite the billions of people in the world how many people are well known gifts to the world whom could hardly be replaced with different creativity from one of the other billions of people in the world. Not that there aren't people worth noting but compared to the amount of people not worth noting it's a staggering difference I'm sure. A lot of people could have been aborted and the world would hardly know the difference.

All a matter of perspective but either way it is impossible to miss something you never get to know.

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 06:45 PM
link   
I agree with the doctor, I'm a women and i understand the whole women's rights thing but if you don't want kids there's plenty of different kinds of birth control out there all you have to do is use it.
There is no way i would consider an abortion.

edit on 9-11-2011 by rumor21 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by rumor21

I agree with the doctor, I'm a women and i understand the whole women's rights thing but if you don't want kids there's plenty of different kinds of birth control out there all you have to do is use it.

Bc fails. Things happen. Obviously you dont understand the 'women's rights thing'....

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by captaintyinknots

Bc fails. Things happen. Obviously you dont understand the 'women's rights thing'....

Things happen like what the condom broke or i forgot to take my pill, Please.

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Deer and other wild life are considered foodstuff, human babies are not. Do you run to the supermarket and buy a baby to throw onto the barbecue or to boil in a pot of beans? No you do not, the comparison is not the same by any means. Do you see any culture in the world eating babies? No you do not and there is a reason for that. We were created by God as the pinnacle of his creation, we were made to be over the animals and beasts of the earth and to govern over them. Originally we had not been made to eat meat but that is an entirely new thread. Yes even a fly is a miracle. All of life is a miracle. Why is all of life a miracle? Can you create life on your own using substances completely made by you that did not already exist? No you can't.

Oh, so it's okay to kill life when you have a reason...
I guess "I need to kill this fetus, because I can't feed it and it's going to have a bad life," isn't a good enough reason?

Funny, the same people who are pro-life, are also anti-welfare....
How do they expect that to work out?

And don't say you have to eat meat...because you don't have to eat meat.

Leave God out of the argument. It's weak.

Murdering an unborn baby is unnecessary when you have millions of people in america alone who cannot even have children and are sterile like my wife and i, who would gladly take that baby off your hands when it is born. Doesn't cost you a thing to feed it when it isn't born and all couples that are in the lines for adoption will gladly pay medical expenses having the child incurs.

In fact the U.S. government makes you pay to adopt, its like youre going shopping when you go to adopt a kid, and the more money you pay the more chances you have to adopt and the lines are so very long because women would rather kill the baby than make 20k-50k bucks putting it up for adoption. Makes alot of sense right? Business is booming in the adoption business with so many sterile couples out there.

Your arguement is moot and invalid. Adoption is the only "kind" alternative and the adoption agencies screen these families heavily before even signing the deal to ensure the kids don't end up in bad homes. You can save a babies life and help the economy at the same time. Win/win situation.

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by captaintyinknots

Things happen like what the condom broke or i forgot to take my pill, Please.

Condoms do break. BC does fail, for MANY reasons.

Sad, really, if you actually are a female(obviously not a woman) and have such little regard for the rights of your fellow kind....

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by NadaCambia

Originally posted by Natame
a womans body is hers and hers alone.

But when pregnant it isn't, is it?

I mean objectively, when you're pregnant your body isn't yours and yours alone. No, your body is yours and your unborn babies. And I think it's disgusting how so many women use the guise of feminism to justify their own irresponsibility and moral depravity. A baby doesn't choose to be born inside you, I'm sure if it could be developed in a pod outside of your stomach it would happily do so, but it has no choice because of your irresponsibility.

Maybe don't have unprotected sex if you don't want a child - There's an idea! Of course, it works both ways, but ultimately the greater responsibility is on YOU. You cannot keep hiding behind this womans body feminist clap trap.

And so the forced-birther war on women goes om. The irresponsible slut must be punished. The next thing you know, the uppity trollops will want to vote. No! We must control them. They are our property, right?

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000

Deer and other wild life are considered foodstuff, human babies are not. Do you run to the supermarket and buy a baby to throw onto the barbecue or to boil in a pot of beans? No you do not, the comparison is not the same by any means. Do you see any culture in the world eating babies? No you do not and there is a reason for that. We were created by God as the pinnacle of his creation, we were made to be over the animals and beasts of the earth and to govern over them. Originally we had not been made to eat meat but that is an entirely new thread. Yes even a fly is a miracle. All of life is a miracle. Why is all of life a miracle? Can you create life on your own using substances completely made by you that did not already exist? No you can't.

Oh, so it's okay to kill life when you have a reason...
I guess "I need to kill this fetus, because I can't feed it and it's going to have a bad life," isn't a good enough reason?

Funny, the same people who are pro-life, are also anti-welfare....
How do they expect that to work out?

And don't say you have to eat meat...because you don't have to eat meat.

Leave God out of the argument. It's weak.

Murdering an unborn baby is unnecessary when you have millions of people in america alone who cannot even have children and are sterile like my wife and i, who would gladly take that baby off your hands when it is born. Doesn't cost you a thing to feed it when it isn't born and all couples that are in the lines for adoption will gladly pay medical expenses having the child incurs.

In fact the U.S. government makes you pay to adopt, its like youre going shopping when you go to adopt a kid, and the more money you pay the more chances you have to adopt and the lines are so very long because women would rather kill the baby than make 20k-50k bucks putting it up for adoption. Makes alot of sense right? Business is booming in the adoption business with so many sterile couples out there.

Your arguement is moot and invalid. Adoption is the only "kind" alternative and the adoption agencies screen these families heavily before even signing the deal to ensure the kids don't end up in bad homes. You can save a babies life and help the economy at the same time. Win/win situation.

This argument holds no water. There are half a million children waiting to be adopted in this country right now. HALF A MILLION. The adoption system is broken, and is not the answer (not to mention, this argument does not take into account the physical toll taken on a womans body).

I am sorry that there are some out there that are sterile. But just because you cant have kids, does not, IN ANY WAY, give you the right to make life-changing decisions for others.

Such arrogance in this thread.

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 06:59 PM
link   
reply to post by captaintyinknots

Once again I ask, do those "rights for your fellow kind" extend to the female baby?

If it is all about women's rights, what about the rights of a female baby at 24 weeks that could easily survive outside the womb, and is routinely born that way without significant complications. The female baby that does feel pain and yearn for comfort.

Does she have any rights, or just the grown ones?

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready
reply to post by captaintyinknots

Once again I ask, do those "rights for your fellow kind" extend to the female baby?

If it is all about women's rights, what about the rights of a female baby at 24 weeks that could easily survive outside the womb, and is routinely born that way without significant complications. The female baby that does feel pain and yearn for comfort.

Does she have any rights, or just the grown ones?

1)Babies are not aborted. Fetuses are.
2)a 24 week fetus is not viable, and cannot survive. It MUST have outside help to survive.
3)I do have respect for the rights of babies....not, however, for a cluster of cells living off of a host body.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join