It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Now what a story this is! ..what a doctor said infront of an abortion

page: 29
<< 26  27  28    30  31  32 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by discharged77
Anything that would inconvenience the modern American women is simply thrown away, babies, husbands, etc..

Oh yeah - - here we go again. Blame women for everything.

Last time I checked - - a major problem in the world is children abandoned by their fathers.

link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

Its a fact that our mind resides in the neural cortex. And its a fact fetus in the first trimester has no neural cortex developed. So its a fact fetus in the first trimester cannot have mind, or sentience.

link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher
reply to post by ka119

I love how you sit in wait for someone to bring up a religous argument and then you jump on it.

Straight out of the abortionist handbook...try to move it away from a scientific discussion and move it to a anti-religous argument.

Haha sit in and wait huh?
No no.. I COULDN'T have just started reading from the last post up.. thats to simple!

Jesus. Common sense there buddy.

And what is this "abortionist handbook" you speak of?
Id love to grab myself a copy.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 04:51 PM
link   

reply to post by Annee

most doctors/scientists do not agree with you.

I don't care what individuals agrees with me...biology agrees with me.

No one agrees with you except those who choose to believe the same as you.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Murderess women and the men that support them is one of the most disgusting things this country allows to exist. I can not believe that people actually believe it to be their right to kill another human being, its ludicrous.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Murderess women and the men that support them is one of the most disgusting things this country allows to exist. I can not believe that people actually believe it to be their right to kill another human being, its ludicrous.

Define human being.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annee

Anything that would inconvenience the modern American women is simply thrown away, babies, husbands, etc..

Oh yeah - - here we go again. Blame women for everything.

Last time I checked - - a major problem in the world is children abandoned by their fathers.
Who else is to blame? You spread your legs didn't you? Then you choose to kill your baby, sounds like your to blame from start to finish. What does fathers abandoning their children have to do with women murdering their babies? Weak argument.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 05:01 PM
link   

reply to post by Annee

most doctors/scientists do not agree with you.

I don't care what individuals agrees with me...biology agrees with me.

No one agrees with you except those who choose to believe the same as you.

And BIOLOGY...Biology agrees with me.

It does not agree with these other definitions of where life begins.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Define human being.
I wont allow myself to get sucked into an argument with someone who would ask such a stupid question.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 05:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Maslo

Which is fine if you are trying to defend the philosophical stance that sentience equals life.

We went through this last time...it ended up with you saying that you are against killing anything that is sentient...and saying all animal life "could" be sentient so we shouldn't kill any animal life...or it should be Murder.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 05:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

Define human being.

If you need help with that...then I think you are in over your head with this discussion.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 05:07 PM
link   
I'm just wondering what your opinion is on the morning-after pill, and the more powerful RU-486 pill?

Does that still count as abortion, if you pop a pill a week after an event that could have caused conception but is still too soon to know if there is anything there at all?

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 05:08 PM
link   

reply to post by Maslo

Which is fine if you are trying to defend the philosophical stance that sentience equals life.

We went through this last time...it ended up with you saying that you are against killing anything that is sentient...and saying all animal life "could" be sentient so we shouldn't kill any animal life...or it should be Murder.

Not all animal life, only higher animal life with well developed cortex. In an ideal world, indeed thats how it should be, IMHO.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by JewelFlip
I'm just wondering what your opinion is on the morning-after pill, and the more powerful RU-486 pill?

Does that still count as abortion, if you pop a pill a week after an event that could have caused conception but is still too soon to know if there is anything there at all?

If I give you a gun and tell you there is a small chance it is loaded, is it ok if you pull the trigger and kill someone?

Just because you don't know if you killed another human or not with your actions, doesn't make it right.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Well I have to say that's quite the exaggeration but you're entitled to your own metaphors. However, taking a morning after pill means that those cells may have only had enough time to divide to the same size as the tip of a pin. You still count this as life? A bundle of cells? This point of pregnancy often spontaneously aborts, you're just helping it along. If you "over-do" your birth control at this point you're putting that pregnancy at risk. Is that wrong too?
edit on 10-11-2011 by JewelFlip because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by JewelFlip

Well I have to say that's quite the exaggeration but you're entitled to your own metaphors. However, taking a morning after pill means that those cells may have only had enough time to divide to the same size as the tip of a pin. You still count this as life? A bundle of cells? This point of pregnancy often spontaneously aborts, you're just helping it along. If you "over-do" your birth control at this point you're putting that pregnancy at risk. Is that wrong too?
edit on 10-11-2011 by JewelFlip because: (no reason given)

I don't define it as life, biology does.

If you don't like it...don't take it up with me...go prove that the accepted life cycle defined by biology is wrong.

Yes...lots of pregnancies spontanesously abort...life at all stages "spontaneously abort". Babies stop breathing, there is SIDS, people have heart attacks, people have strokes....spontaneous death is present at all stages of development.

Why do you think that spontaneous death very shortly after conception means that abortion is ok when spontaneous death is also present at every other stage of life???

And pick any analogy you want...an action that may cause death of another human...you may not know it's going to definately kill someone...but you know there is a chance...is that ever right???

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Define human being.
I wont allow myself to get sucked into an argument with someone who would ask such a stupid question.

Define human being is a stupid question? Funny - - I thought it was the base of discussion.

Well here is a pro and con debate forum for you: debates.juggle.com... e-same-status-to-a-human-embryo-at-the-moment-of-conception

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 05:37 PM
link   
That doctor should be charged with conspiracy to commit murder. This is the real world. He's not allowed to say what he wants in order to bully an emotional, pregnant women and enforce his own agendas. He offered to murder her one year old child. He has a motive. There is no indication that he wasn't offering his services. If he was 'joking', his behavior should be reviewed. He has committed a crime by offering to murder a one year old instead of aborting a fetus. Period!

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 06:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Natame

Ok im sorry but i guess i have issues with this... a womans body is hers and hers alone

OK, But whos body is the babies inside her ?

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by puzzlesphere
reply to post by Propulsion

A foetus in the first trimester is not medically considered to be a baby. It also does not have any brain function, so has no thoughts on the matter.

On the contrary....if the brain didn't have any brain function, the body would not survive.

new topics

top topics

<< 26  27  28    30  31  32 >>

join