It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran will launch its first satellite in April

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 09:25 AM
link   
Islamic Fundamentalism in space...Sorta of scary thought, as a white male christian american. Or should I say, as a zionist imperialist capitalist aggressor?

You can hit anything from up there...

Do you think there will be female iranian cosomonauts? And, what will iranians be? Iranianauts?

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by soulforge
Islamic Fundamentalism in space...Sorta of scary thought, as a white male christian american. Or should I say, as a zionist imperialist capitalist aggressor?

Do you think there will be female iranian cosomonauts? And, what will iranians be? Iranianauts?

You know many iranians are white skinned (im talking the same as most americans) the only real thing is the dark hair.

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by zi2525

Originally posted by soulforge

You know many iranians are white skinned (im talking the same as most americans) the only real thing is the dark hair.

Didn't know that...small world...We're all more related to each other than we think we are, i Bet.

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 04:08 PM
link   
Ok well my anaylasis is that this is probably a bunch of BS. Now if its true then they could be a threat but if its true nice job well done. But it does seem unusual that Iran is all of a sudden doing things like building stealth missles and fighters. I'm just skeptic thats all.

posted on Sep, 6 2004 @ 06:46 PM
link   

No. Please stop right there.

A) Iranians are generally not white, do not delude yourself.
B) White does not equal superior; I have no idea why Iranians go around claiming to be white all the time.
C) Unlike your claim earlier in this thread, Iranians are not "Persian" either. Farsis do not even constitute a majority of the population in Iran.

I am Iranian. I am not white. I am not "Persian" either. I am comfortable with who I am, unlike you. I don't go around posting "Guess what I'm white too!!1!" everywhere, and neither should you. This racial obsession Iranian teens have is sickening.

posted on Sep, 6 2004 @ 07:02 PM
link   
i fully beleive iran may have this in the working and u can never fully rule out that iran cant use this as a weapon as things can be improvised into such things but come on , what kind of a payload could 1 satilite carry and the retaliation they would get if they did attck with such a weapon , truly does boggle ones mind even thinking about all this

posted on Sep, 6 2004 @ 07:53 PM
link   
It seems strange to me that Iran is making such progress, and apparently it has come about so suddenly- this has been completely unmentioned up until now has it not?
I get the impression that somebody is trying to deter America from invading Iran by 1. making them technologically formidable. 2. proving their viability as a nation.

Part of me thinks that if Iran advances enough they'll move on with their civilization in somewhat the same way that other nations of poor social skills have- like Pakistan and India. For them, thinly veiled threats, state-sponsored terrorism, intelligence service operations, and the building of weapons that could destroy the Earth have taken the place of open war. Soon their governments will separate themselves from the interests of the people and there will be even greater peace. This is what I wish on Iran.

The only catch is that if Iran acts up too much, soon they'll be formidable enough to justify the use of nuclear weapons against them. I think we all know it's a matter of time until America does it again. The warmth of Hiroshima has started to fade, and we need that soft green glow from just over the horizon to remind us that the world is ours.

posted on Sep, 6 2004 @ 08:47 PM
link   

The warmth of Hiroshima has started to fade, and we need that soft green glow from just over the horizon to remind us that the world is ours.

HAHA
You gotta hand it to the Americans though. America could have conquered the world with a few phone calls because we were the only country with Atomic weapons. But America didn't and now it'll take more then phone calls to conquer the world because many countries have those damn weapons. Now America must come up with a weapon so sinister and unique that it can never be duplicated. A weapon so damaging that all will bow to Americas demands. The weapon IS................

posted on Sep, 6 2004 @ 10:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by verfed:
The weapon IS................
... Love?

posted on Oct, 9 2004 @ 10:29 AM
link   
An updated story shows the orbit will be much closer to earth.
Instead of 560 miles, the new article says it will be 60 - 250 miles.

Space Daily
Deputy Defense Minister for Space Affairs Nasser Maliki was quoted by the Iranian News Agency as saying the satellite would orbit the earth at low altitudes varying between 100 and 400 kilometers (about 60 to 250 miles).

An earlier article I found says the Mesbah satellite was a joint effort between Iranians and Italians.

Iran, Italy to build, launch Mesbah satellite
Tehran, Feb 19 (2003), IRNA -- Iran and Italy are to build and launch the `Mesbah' satellite, according to a deal signed here on Wednesday.

Under the agreement, which was signed after successful completion of the first phase of the project for designing and building a laboratory model of the satellite, Iranian and Italian experts will cooperate on the project throughout the testing, production and launching stages of the satellite, announced Public Relations Department at Ministry of Science, Research and Technology (SRT) here on Wednesday.

posted on Oct, 9 2004 @ 12:14 PM
link   
I do think this article is legit cause it came from "SpaceDaily" which is a very good site.

Why is it that some of you think this is a good thing, its obviously gonna be a spy satellite, But the good news its going to be in LEO so hopefully we just shoot a missile at it and take it out of the sky, But I for one dont believe it will make it to space, the rocket carring it will explode.

If they have a "eye in the sky" then they will be able to see our troops positions in Iraq and send some of there crazy ass people that strap bombs on them to go and take out some soldiers.

I dont see Iran turning into a country like India, It wont get that far. More and more info in coming in that Iran is becoming a major player, with there newest missile cappable of hitting targets 1,250 miles away and then will this satelite they will know exactly where to send the missiles, Iran having nuclear capabilities wont be allowed.

posted on May, 13 2023 @ 09:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Murcielago
I do think this article is legit cause it came from "SpaceDaily" which is a very good site.

Why is it that some of you think this is a good thing, its obviously gonna be a spy satellite, But the good news its going to be in LEO so hopefully we just shoot a missile at it and take it out of the sky, But I for one dont believe it will make it to space, the rocket carring it will explode.

If they have a "eye in the sky" then they will be able to see our troops positions in Iraq and send some of there crazy ass people that strap bombs on them to go and take out some soldiers.

I dont see Iran turning into a country like India, It wont get that far. More and more info in coming in that Iran is becoming a major player, with there newest missile cappable of hitting targets 1,250 miles away and then will this satelite they will know exactly where to send the missiles, Iran having nuclear capabilities wont be allowed.

The Sina-1 satellite was launched in October 2005. The Safir became the first Iranian SLV to launch a satellite in orbit on February 2, 2009, when it lofted the Omid ("hope") satellite into orbit, and since then Iran has developed four more SLVs, the Simorgh, Qased, Zuljanah, and Qaem-100.

Links:
news.bbc.co.uk...
en.wikipedia.org...

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join