It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran will launch its first satellite in April

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 03:56 PM
link   

TEHRAN (AFP) Sep 02, 2004
Iran intends to launch its first satellite into space in April 2005, with the device described as being purely for civil purposes, Iranian media reported Thursday.
www.spacedaily.com...

Who was here saying that Iran doesn�t have the technology?

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 06:59 PM
link   
thats great

hopefully, Iran will still exist by that time!

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 07:03 PM
link   
I doubt it... Bush will claim that they have a mobile chemical weapons lab on it, and that it is carrying yellowcake from Niger for an orbital rendezvous with Osama bin laden (thats why we can't find him as he is space). They will then go to the UN, cry about, then ignore the UN anyway, and bomb Iran back to the stone age......

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 07:05 PM
link   
Great!

I found a photo of the launch facility, and the engineers involved in this
amazing venture..

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 07:08 PM
link   
Juging By thoes enginers I can understand Why We the US mite be incline to not goto war with them .

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 07:11 PM
link   
yeah.

Incredible..no wonder they keep them hidden under veils.
See what we are missing?

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 08:17 PM
link   
When did the US put up our first one? Was it the 50's or 60's?

Wouldn't that put them 50 years behind us in tech?

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 08:25 PM
link   
First U.S. Satellite

The first successful U.S. satellite, Explorer I, was launched into Earth orbit by the Army on Jan. 31, 1958, at Cape Canaveral, Florida, four months after Russia orbited Sputnik. The 18-pound satellite had a cylindrical shape and was 80 inches long and six inches in diameter.

There ya go!

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by American Mad Man
When did the US put up our first one? Was it the 50's or 60's?

Wouldn't that put them 50 years behind us in tech?

No, because using that logic would mean that if they started produce, for example, cars, their first model would have to be Model-T Ford.

Russians did put Sputnik up before the US so does that mean US-tech is behind Russia?

[edit on 2-9-2004 by Samiralfey]

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by DJAghetto
thats great

hopefully, Iran will still exist by that time!

DO NOT underestimate them. They are very strong with good enough technology. They are a threat! But attacking them would be very foolish. Hopefuly its not a sattelite carriyng nuclear warheads.

[edit on 2-9-2004 by AD5673]

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 09:07 PM
link   
Sure, you may laugh at Iraq after so many years of sanctions and stupid dictator. But, I agree, don't underestimate Iran.

[edit on 2-9-2004 by cargo]

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 09:07 PM
link   
Why is everyone else who develops something flash and fancy suddenly a threat? Can't the poor little camel jockeys build a satelite without the US going all gun ho on them? jesus, lighten up guys, and give credit where it is due!

Well done Iran, keep it up, about time more people went into space, as NASA has ballsed it up big time.

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by AD5673
DO NOT underestimate them. They are very strong with good enough technology. They are a threat! But attacking them would be very foolish. Hopefuly its not a sattelite carriyng nuclear warheads.

do not underestimate them? dont u understand that if they go on an offensive against the US or Israel, they will instantly be vaporized?
If they are defending themselves in war, then no nuke. But if they go on an offensive, they will be vaporized.

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 10:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by persian
Who was here saying that Iran doesn�t have the technology?

Bah, information is cheap nowadays. Its the getting the materials that's the hard part.

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 10:52 PM
link   
Good going, Iran. The more people involved in space exploration and use, the more discoveries and knowledge we all have access to.

The question that concerns me is, when are we going to make a plan to handle all the space junk that is just left up there orbiting after it's useful life is over?

It won't be long before the equipment losses due to collisions with space junk will start having a serious effect on any new space system.

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 02:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by DJAghetto

Originally posted by AD5673

do not underestimate them? dont u understand that if they go on an offensive against the US or Israel, they will instantly be vaporized?
If they are defending themselves in war, then no nuke. But if they go on an offensive, they will be vaporized.

Well iran has yet to attack a country so i dont think they will start now, defensively if they where smart if some one attacks through iraq they should do what they did last time, get them in the marshes and flood them.

I actually dont think that if the attacked the u.s.a that thye would be nuked, it would have ot much of an afyer effect on most middle eastern countrys not to mention russia and u.s.a doesnt need that kind of crap, i dont think u.s would, the world has proven that a bunch or arabs with knives can take out towers, well iranians are persians, 10 times stronger

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 05:12 AM
link   
I'll believe it when I see it. The Iranians put out a lot of press releases like this but never actually do it.

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 07:30 AM
link   
Congratulations Iran (if this turns out to be true and accurate).

Of course whilst there will always be those who want to scream danger and try to talk up the fear those who understand the slightest thing about ballistic missiles know that even if Iran were planning an attack missile system it would take many many years to develop, test, manufacture and deploy.....as well as being very visible to the outside world (way beyond the 'specks of contamination' enriched uranium row the IAEA recently dismissed, which the current US gov then promptly ignored).

.....oh, and there is the slight matter of the instantly visible 'calling card' that would guarantee the utter destruction of a country like Iran that actually tried to use one offensively.

The idea that this heralds any kind of threatening missile 'system' is patently ridiculous.

[edit on 3-9-2004 by sminkeypinkey]

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 07:40 AM
link   
Just as I'm sure you would have said the Idea of hitler posing any kind of a threat would have been absurd had you been around in the late 30s sminkey.

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 08:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by mwm1331
Just as I'm sure you would have said the Idea of hitler posing any kind of a threat would have been absurd had you been around in the late 30s sminkey.

- Yeah, cos that's such a valid comparison, ain't that right mwm1331?!

FFS how sad can you get?

You must have waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too much time on your hands to come chase after me with such sillyness my friend.

LMAO

[edit on 3-9-2004 by sminkeypinkey]

top topics

<<   2 >>

join